onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

11 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Hartlepool manager slagging off the fact half of their trialists have turned up unfit. 

I'm not saying Cullen is one but he fits the bill. 

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/friendly-defeat-at-spennymoor-town-a-harsh-reality-check-for-hartlepool-united-trialists-as-dave-challinor-questions-fitness-3317046?amp

Why would you want to be slagging off Cullen when he is not our player anymore and it is probably not him? 

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Hartlepool manager slagging off the fact half of their trialists have turned up unfit. 

I'm not saying Cullen is one but he fits the bill. 

https://www.hartlepoolmail.co.uk/sport/football/friendly-defeat-at-spennymoor-town-a-harsh-reality-check-for-hartlepool-united-trialists-as-dave-challinor-questions-fitness-3317046?amp

He'd struggle to be fully fit after three injury hit seasons

10 hours ago, toyahw said:

Why would you want to be slagging off Cullen when he is not our player anymore and it is probably not him? 

A bit rich coming from one of Clarke's biggest critics.

I am not slagging him off, I thought it was relevant as Hartlepool are in our league and he's on trial there. You obviously didn't click on the story as the Hartlepool manager criticised most of the trialists but not by name. 

You carry on slagging off our recruitment instead and your doom and gloom outlook on our manager.

Laughable reply which incredibly got 3 likes. 

9 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yeah bit rich for Toyah to take a moral high ground when it comes to slagging people off hahah

Precisely, was an observation not a slagging off of him.  Cullen was arguably the most natural finisher at the club, we just couldn't get him on the pitch , also he just meandered in away games. 

34 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

A bit rich coming from one of Clarke's biggest critics.

I am not slagging him off, I thought it was relevant as Hartlepool are in our league and he's on trial there. You obviously didn't click on the story as the Hartlepool manager criticised most of the trialists but not by name. 

You carry on slagging off our recruitment instead and your doom and gloom outlook on our manager.

Laughable reply which incredibly got 3 likes. 

Theres to many snowflakes on this forum mate, and seeing as cullen got injured in there game he was one of the players that statement was probably aimed at.

36 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Precisely, was an observation not a slagging off of him.  Cullen was arguably the most natural finisher at the club, we just couldn't get him on the pitch , also he just meandered in away games. 

The thing that I liked about Cullen was the fact that he didn’t just wait up top to get the ball he’d drop off just in front of midfield, holding the ball and linking up play, at the same time  drawing a defender out. In the long term thought Mark didn’t offer us value for money. Good luck to him.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

Theres to many snowflakes on this forum mate, and seeing as cullen got injured in there game he was one of the players that statement was probably aimed at.

I took his comments to mean that by unfit he meant players being unable to run around the pitch for a game at the required fitness levels, not someone who’s gone off injured.

Pity Cullen couldn’t shake off his injuries for us, we never got to see what he could do for us. 

6 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I took his comments to mean that by unfit he meant players being unable to run around the pitch for a game at the required fitness levels, not someone who’s gone off injured.

Pity Cullen couldn’t shake off his injuries for us, we never got to see what he could do for us. 

If someone is unfit they will be more prone to injuries

24 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

If someone is unfit they will be more prone to injuries

That’s not the only reason though, injuries could happen through any kind of freak circumstance too. Players can also do too much without having the proper rest, end up overloading themselves and make themselves more susceptible to muscle injuries. It’s a fine balance. 

Either way, what their manager says is spot on, how you can expect to get a trial and not be close to the level of fitness expected is madness 

26 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

That’s not the only reason though, injuries could happen through any kind of freak circumstance too. Players can also do too much without having the proper rest, end up overloading themselves and make themselves more susceptible to muscle injuries. It’s a fine balance. 

Either way, what their manager says is spot on, how you can expect to get a trial and not be close to the level of fitness expected is madness 

Your last paragraph is spot on. It's all about personal pride etc. 

I'd imagine if Solanke and Griffiths turned up at Vale in an unfit and unprofessional state then Clarke would of shown them the door immediately. 

I feel a bit sorry for Hartlepool, after the glory of the play off win it's all going very wrong. At least 3 of the 11 if not more have left. They are playing catch up and having to plumb the depths, think they'll be in trouble this season which is a shame after their achievement . 

As I've said before I have been in nerd mode taking snippets from other clubs.

Clearly I'm biased but I genuinely think we are up there with Gas and Bradford in terms of recruitment. 

A few teams Oldham, Hartlepool, Newport, Swindon are in a poor state of affairs. 

It's all about us gelling now. 

Just want that back up striker which will be a hard find . 

I still don't quite understand why we don't use Robinson. If he was as rubbish as he is claimed to be and has still scored more than 100 career goals, how good would he have been if he had been trying? Surely a good manager should be able to get a tune out of him. Makes no sense to me that we are paying someone not to play for us. 

Archived