onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

That was his job injuries do happen in football, that’s no fault of the club. 

Generally as players age they do get injured. That isn’t the clubs fault and I don’t know why we everyone has to suddenly feel so bad. He’s had a great career at this level and will still probably be on a decent enough wage for congleton. Lots of other players have career ending injuries much younger. 

At the end of the day his time was up. He wasn’t as good and if your picking up injuries like that it’s time up at this level. Brilliant player for us but time was up 

Never said it was the clubs fault what are you on about ?

Advert

I agree with your first paragraph completely. Disrespectful. 
I think folk got tired of the lazy ' well Kevin Ellison is still playing' quotes and the incessant rambling when it was clear he's not coming back.
He rightly gets a good send off with a testimonial and good wishes. 
Really think in both camps stay or go we need to move on. 
The king is dead long live the king.
I'm more interested now in James Wilson and Rodney . 

I agree Darren

Good luck to Popey at Congleton ,shame about the career ending injury sustained v Sunderland in nothing trophy,he owes us nothing being a great servant to the club. 
Back on track I feel we do  not have enough goals in us hopefully theres a revolving door this week and 3 transfer listed players find new clubs to play for and the 3 replacements are coming in the door pronto .

I agree, we are definitely bringing a striker and wide player in

I don't envisage anyone coming in until Monday at the earliest. Maybe a trialist against Sheff Wednesday on Tuesday. 

Definitely another forward in the building for me. 

I've been doing a lot of reading up . A few like Bristol Rovers and Bradford have virtually done all their business but some are nowhere near. Newport for example have a lot on trial and they made the play off final. The link I've put at the bottom they had 4 trialists, bear in mind that they lost Sheehan too. 

I don't think we are in a bad position.  

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/19457443.kevin-ellison-talks-newport-county-new-contract/

Who would of thought the only player we released that would get a proper league squad berth would be Zak Mills. Madness.

I guess it vindicates DC's slash and burn approach this summer, looking forward to the new season and wish Popey all the best at Congleton. Popey, Griff, Duffy and Gary Roberts... its gonna be some Christmas party!

14 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Who would of thought the only player we released that would get a proper league squad berth would be Zak Mills. Madness.

I guess it vindicates DC's slash and burn approach this summer, looking forward to the new season and wish Popey all the best at Congleton. Popey, Griff, Duffy and Gary Roberts... its gonna be some Christmas party!

If it’s not going well it won’t last till Christmas. Whoever is funding this will expect results.

As I’ve said on another thread let’s hope they go on a great run in the FA Cup, and we can welcome them back at Vale Park in the First Round Proper! 

12 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I guess it vindicates DC's slash and burn approach this summer.

I don’t think it vindicates his decision because other league 2 clubs haven’t picked them all up. If Zak mills is the exception in getting a deal in league 2 that tells you that something isn’t right. Hasnt McKirdy got a deal at Swindon too? I think it shows the amount of players out of contract mean it’s a buyers market and they have the pick, the clubs are holding the cards at the moment with salaries because of the state of the market and also there’s a lot of money sloshing around in the conference too where clubs aren’t paying far off what we were are. 

35 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I don’t think it vindicates his decision because other league 2 clubs haven’t picked them all up. If Zak mills is the exception in getting a deal in league 2 that tells you that something isn’t right. Hasnt McKirdy got a deal at Swindon too? I think it shows the amount of players out of contract mean it’s a buyers market and they have the pick, the clubs are holding the cards at the moment with salaries because of the state of the market and also there’s a lot of money sloshing around in the conference too where clubs aren’t paying far off what we were are. 

I think I follow what you're saying but if our highest profile players from last year have gone to Exeter as a coach, Fylde and Congleton, I think it vindicates our decision to release the lot.  

Not sure if McKirdy has signed or if he's on trial.

12 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

I think I follow what you're saying but if our highest profile players from last year have gone to Exeter as a coach, Fylde and Congleton, I think it vindicates our decision to release the lot.  

Not sure if McKirdy has signed or if he's on trial.

i believe that 5 of those released were on a lot  of money (monty, brown, Joyce, Pope, cullen). I think that by getting rid of those high earners that the club have been able to get in replacements on less money because of the state of the market now. Couple that with some of that money probably going to Conlons new deal too and I think we’ve come out of it quite well as a club in terms of wages. That’s what vindicates the cull, not that they haven’t all been picked up by other league clubs. 

The upshot of those high earners going is that there’s no way they could expect to get similar wages somewhere else, so in the case of brown I think that’s accelerated his coaching aspirations, Joyce can be closer to home and his academy by playing at Fylde, whilst Pope was struggling with his shoulder still. Montys come out of the best with a move  to the Scottish prem. Cullens been lucky to get a club closer to home too in Hartlepool and stay in league 2.  The others have just joined the huge list of hundreds of other cheap earners looking for a club and desperately hoping to stay in the game. 

Archived