onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, Budgie_2260 said:
26 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

He’s found the level where it doesn’t need a medical on a shoulder injury that happened playing for our club where in the game it happened he played on with a very serious injury that has ended his pro career

If the injury was that bad, wouldn't he get paid out by his insurance?

Yet he came back and played against Grimsby and Mansfield despite it ending his pro career ?

Some people won't let go will they. His time was up it was as straightforward as that 

Advert

It's just the people who were adamant that 'the best striker at the Club' would have his pick of L2 sides peddling an unsubstantiated rumour that suits their purpose

He had clubs after him, he took advice , he’s honest and took the advice, it’s you who pedals vindictive unsubstatsntiated crap

9 minutes ago, Budgie_2260 said:
34 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

He’s found the level where it doesn’t need a medical on a shoulder injury that happened playing for our club where in the game it happened he played on with a very serious injury that has ended his pro career

If the injury was that bad, wouldn't he get paid out by his insurance?

Are you sure that he hasn't?

Without any doubt Top Pope was a legend! did fantastic for us, I would always thank him for what he did for us and buy him a pint. Tom as with a lot of our 20/21 squad there time was up ! We move on as they do. 

Yes his tune was up, caused by the injury playing for us

Yet he came back and played against Grimsby and Mansfield despite it ending his pro career ?
Some people won't let go will they. His time was up it was as straightforward as that 

His medical payout shows his time was up, it’s very straightforward

He didn’t need pass a medical to play for vale then , it’s not rocket science , use your brain

2 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Mate it’s ridiculous, what makes some people so nasty ?

It's August 2035. Vale have just beaten Charlton 2-0 at home, at the new redeveloped Vale Park. Tom Conlon is the manager. Phil manages to find some way to steer the post match thread towards the subject of Tom Pope, who has been retired for 12 years. 

2 minutes ago, tisdeano said:

Yes his tune was up, caused by the injury playing for us

That was his job injuries do happen in football, that’s no fault of the club. 

Generally as players age they do get injured. That isn’t the clubs fault and I don’t know why we everyone has to suddenly feel so bad. He’s had a great career at this level and will still probably be on a decent enough wage for congleton. Lots of other players have career ending injuries much younger. 

At the end of the day his time was up. He wasn’t as good and if your picking up injuries like that it’s time up at this level. Brilliant player for us but time was up 

I don't think people are nasty mate.
I made quite a lengthy post a couple of weeks ago about Pope. 
I won't bore you with it but it was full of praise and great memories.
However football is ruthless, his time was up. I was actually sick of seeing his name, a poster on here was obsessed with him re-signing. 
We move on , people aren't nasty merely realistic . 
I think you should be less touchy about things 

Mate it’s the sneering, “ found his level “

Personally I did not post once he should stay

He’s had medically retire from an injury playing for our club, its very straightforward

Just now, Doha said:

It's August 2035. Vale have just beaten Charlton 2-0 at home, at the new redeveloped Vale Park. Tom Conlon is the manager. Phil manages to find some way to steer the post match thread towards the subject of Tom Pope, who has been retired for 12 years. 

I don't know Phil but to be fair he's not brought it up 

And the other week another poster was in bits about Pope going and monopolised the whole thread .

Just trying add balance as Phil is replying to news Pope has signed for Congleton 

Archived