onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

16 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I can see him keeping Solanke(maybe 12mth deal)

Bailey will probably get loaned out but i hope its to a national league north or south team and not just a local one like Kidsgrove just for the experience of a higher level of mens game,so he can come back and maybe get a place on the bench for us

Not sure how it works, but can he be sent out on loan when he still has a year left on his youth contract?

Advert

Adam Yates seemed pretty confident Bailey would be sent on loan in August.
If he does it will be someone like Newcastle town as we are still required to educate him during the week he will probably train with us and play for them at the weekend

12 hours ago, LancyTony said:

And it's not about having to rely on a youngster - it's about giving him the chance to show what he can do! Why send him out on loan? I can understand Chelsea / Arsenal hoovering up 50+ youngsters, then sending them out on loan otherwise they wouldn't get any game minutes at all - but the Vale? He's more likely to be up against bruisers in lower League than making a sub appearance with us, or playing in one of the Cup competitions. Being around the first team squad must be better in our League than one or two lower? International teams have included youngsters who had no chance of playing - just for the experience of mixing with the seniors and being involved in training and tactics. There's plenty of room on the subs bench...and we can't use them all, but he would give us an option - a nuisance option. 

Because he’s needs to build up his experience of regularly playing against men in games that mean something. There’s no way he’s going to be in front of any of our forwards at the moment and just coming on for a few minutes here and there as a sub isn’t going to develop him as much as gradually playing regular games and going up the levels as a loan move may do. 

12 hours ago, LancyTony said:

And it's not about having to rely on a youngster - it's about giving him the chance to show what he can do! Why send him out on loan? I can understand Chelsea / Arsenal hoovering up 50+ youngsters, then sending them out on loan otherwise they wouldn't get any game minutes at all - but the Vale? He's more likely to be up against bruisers in lower League than making a sub appearance with us, or playing in one of the Cup competitions. Being around the first team squad must be better in our League than one or two lower? International teams have included youngsters who had no chance of playing - just for the experience of mixing with the seniors and being involved in training and tactics. There's plenty of room on the subs bench...and we can't use them all, but he would give us an option - a nuisance option. 

Can we please remind ourselves that this lad is 17 and isn't even close to being considered for a professional contract? He did well in a very poor U18 side last year and scored against two semi-professional sides in training matches. Most players aren't loaned till they reach 18-20. U18 loans are pretty rare. Players playing any role at EFL level U18 are even rarer, unless they're top talents like Bellingham or Baah

He is absolutely miles off being a contributor for the first-team. It'll be much better for him to go and play regular football with a clear development pathway at Vale for when he returns, as opposed to wasting a bench spot on a player who isn't ready and depriving him of competitive minutes. Training with good players can only take you so far, unless you're a truly outstanding talent at the top level of academy football - lower league players usually need some proper football. 

We still need decent wingers. We have one in Woz and my worry is he’ll be playing at RWB which I personally wouldn’t do. I like Worrall as a 10 / out and out winger who gets back in support, not bombing up and down, more attack minded with a solid RB behind who can handle themselves without needing to be bailed out every 2 seconds. Worrall supporting Rod and ‘He scored for Man U don’t you know’ will make all 3 better and more productive. We still need decent wingers.

7 minutes ago, 1 said:

We still need decent wingers. We have one in Woz and my worry is he’ll be playing at RWB which I personally wouldn’t do. I like Worrall as a 10 / out and out winger who gets back in support, not bombing up and down, more attack minded with a solid RB behind who can handle themselves without needing to be bailed out every 2 seconds. Worrall supporting Rod and ‘He scored for Man U don’t you know’ will make all 3 better and more productive. We still need decent wingers.

If Clarke sticks with this formation then I think worrall could play to the right of a front 3 too if we use Cass or Gibbo as RWB. But I think start of the season worrall will be RWB. 

Be a massive waste playing Worrall at RWB imo. Our best attacking player who gets loads of assists we want him up the top of the pitch. 433 with worrall on the right and Rodney on the left looks good to me. We’ve signed cass so I hope he will fill in at back whilst Gibbo is injured, failing that, I wouldn’t even mind Smith playing there. I just want our best attacking threat up top where he can hurt teams. He he plays RWB teams will just target him and push him back and it will be more of a back 5. 

covolan 

Cass Smith Martin Benning

Pett Conlon Walker 

worrall Wilson Rodney. 

looks decent to me that, we do need another pacey wide man thought! 

Covolan

Smith Martin Jones

Worrall Pett Walker Benning

Conlon Rodney

Wilson

is how I see us starting vs Northampton. Not saying I agree with it. You can debate the semantics of the exact positions and roles of each player but that's how pre-season seems to be developing (Conlon can go into a middle three and Rodney forms a pairing with Wilson, for example).

The main question remains, as others has said, is how effective will Worrall be in a role with more defensive obligations. We have needed to lighten his creative load for a while. His main attributes are stamina and crossing, and he arguably doesn't score enough to warrant being in a front three, so I can see the thinking behind it, but you do run the risk of him being too removed from attacking play to wield any real influence.

I think the aim would be to attack with 5, with Worrall and Benning high and wide, Conlon and Rodney in the channels on their weaker foot allowing them to cut inside, and Wilson as a focal point to occupy defenders with his  speed. Pett will probably sit a bit higher to pick up second balls, and Walker can drop and sit in front of the back 3.

DC took us on that silly run with a 3-back system so maybe he feels comfortable in it. I have no doubt it'll be changed if and when needed. 

51 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Covolan

Smith Martin Jones

Worrall Pett Walker Benning

Conlon Rodney

Wilson

is how I see us starting vs Northampton. Not saying I agree with it. You can debate the semantics of the exact positions and roles of each player but that's how pre-season seems to be developing (Conlon can go into a middle three and Rodney forms a pairing with Wilson, for example).

The main question remains, as others has said, is how effective will Worrall be in a role with more defensive obligations. We have needed to lighten his creative load for a while. His main attributes are stamina and crossing, and he arguably doesn't score enough to warrant being in a front three, so I can see the thinking behind it, but you do run the risk of him being too removed from attacking play to wield any real influence.

I think the aim would be to attack with 5, with Worrall and Benning high and wide, Conlon and Rodney in the channels on their weaker foot allowing them to cut inside, and Wilson as a focal point to occupy defenders with his  speed. Pett will probably sit a bit higher to pick up second balls, and Walker can drop and sit in front of the back 3.

DC took us on that silly run with a 3-back system so maybe he feels comfortable in it. I have no doubt it'll be changed if and when needed. 

Looks ok to me but i do see Johnson pushing Jones for that position and Legge will push Martin imo but thats a good thing,should have a decent bench as well with the likes of Amoo,Cass,Proctor plus another couple we will sign

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Looks ok to me but i do see Johnson pushing Jones for that position and Legge will push Martin imo but thats a good thing,should have a decent bench as well with the likes of Amoo,Cass,Proctor plus another couple we will sign

I think Jones' throw will give him the initial edge over Johnson, but there are reasonable options at the back.

I would like a proper number 10, a Hoolahan type, which we've sorely missed for a number of years. It would give an extra degree of versatility to the squad.

Archived