onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

I think we will bring in another striker and wide player whether the 3 amigo's leave or not,i hoped DC would want them in before they went away for the week bonding but we will see on that one.

A player i always liked who was just released by Crewe is Daniel Powell but he seems to start off well and then fade away(not sure if its through injuries),he has a few goals in him and is 6 foot 2,would surely be decent at league 2 level

2 hours ago, vale victory said:

Scott quigley just put a piece on Twitter saying goodbye to barrow

Says it’s a family decision and wants to move closer to home , I think he’s from Shrewsbury

Nah it couldn’t happen could it

After signing Proctor i aren't sure we are after another big lad,i think the next one will be swan like,smaller and pacy

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I think we will bring in another striker and wide player whether the 3 amigo's leave or not,i hoped DC would want them in before they went away for the week bonding but we will see on that one.

A player i always liked who was just released by Crewe is Daniel Powell but he seems to start off well and then fade away(not sure if its through injuries),he has a few goals in him and is 6 foot 2,would surely be decent at league 2 level

hes tall enough for the giants!😄

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

After signing Proctor i aren't sure we are after another big lad,i think the next one will be swan like,smaller and pacy

will we be watching will, willing him on and will the matrix click?😄

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I didn't know if we'd have a look at Powell. Played most of his football in League 1 and got promoted with Crewe a couple of years a go.

1 minute ago, robf said:

And Ben Whitfield's there too. Must be one heck of a wages bill.

Plus all the rumours that They were interested in Pope.

Their new owner is pumping in the big bucks… if they get promoted they could be the new Salford 

6 hours ago, Beech said:

We definitely look a striker short. Rodney could score 15-20, there's no reason at all why he couldn't. But he's still learning the game and in an ideal world he wouldn't be starting every week. Not sure either whether he's actually best up top with someone or on the wing at the moment. Wilson is talented clearly but isn't a goal-scorer, more of a scorer of really good goals. Proctor is a target man, link up type of player that can't be expected to worry the scoring charts too much.

I can see us playing a 5-3-2 formation with wing-backs, which means then you can choose between Rodney and Proctor to play a little ahead of Wilson if the latter starts, depending on what you want in the game from the striker. Worrall can also play wing-back without any problems, meaning Gibbons can be eased back considering he's coming off the back of a very injury hit season.

Lucas

Smith

Martin

Cass

Worrall

Benning

Walker

Pett

Conlon

Wilson

Rodney

Subs: Stone, Johnson, Jones, Gibbons, Taylor, Amoo, Proctor

If that's not a side capable of the top 6 then we're in one hell of a League Two this year.

I think that looks our strongest team on paper, barring I think he’ll play Johnson or Jones at LCB. Not a great deal of express pace, apart from Rodney, but the midfield 3 looks very tasty indeed.

I think with those 3 we should be able to dictate play from the middle of the park and I honestly think Conlon can surpass last season’s tally of 10 if given a more advanced role. His technique of striking a ball is a job to behold and he rarely misses the target. 

Agree with other posters, we defo need another striker who can compete. I think someone with pace to burn would complement the other strikers we have at our disposal. 

Archived