onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

20 minutes ago, vale victory said:

Scott quigley just put a piece on Twitter saying goodbye to barrow

Says it’s a family decision and wants to move closer to home , I think he’s from Shrewsbury

Nah it couldn’t happen could it

Probably Stockport or back to Wrexham, his twitter posts were quite sour towards us when he scored against us, and the responses weren't much sweeter.

I'd be shocked if we were in for him

We definitely look a striker short. Rodney could score 15-20, there's no reason at all why he couldn't. But he's still learning the game and in an ideal world he wouldn't be starting every week. Not sure either whether he's actually best up top with someone or on the wing at the moment. Wilson is talented clearly but isn't a goal-scorer, more of a scorer of really good goals. Proctor is a target man, link up type of player that can't be expected to worry the scoring charts too much.

I can see us playing a 5-3-2 formation with wing-backs, which means then you can choose between Rodney and Proctor to play a little ahead of Wilson if the latter starts, depending on what you want in the game from the striker. Worrall can also play wing-back without any problems, meaning Gibbons can be eased back considering he's coming off the back of a very injury hit season.

Lucas

Smith

Martin

Cass

Worrall

Benning

Walker

Pett

Conlon

Wilson

Rodney

Subs: Stone, Johnson, Jones, Gibbons, Taylor, Amoo, Proctor

If that's not a side capable of the top 6 then we're in one hell of a League Two this year.

I also agree that we need at least one more striker. If possible, I would go for 2 more strikers.

I would use Rodders as a striker if we needed to/wanted to or use HIM as the the left winger.

I also think we will start as a 352. So, based on the players signed at the moment, I think we will go:

Covolan

Cass/Woz.           Smith.          Martin.        Johnson.         Benning

Pett                  Walker

Conlan

Wilson                       Rodders/Proctor

I would try and push Pett on a bit as well to support Conlan. That looks pretty decent to me, however, any more forward signings would be welcome.

We absolutely need at least 1 more striker, as injury to Rodney or Wilson means we are banking on Proctor, and I just dont see him as a high scorer.

However, I think it might end up being a loan situation. 

Thinking aloud could the wages of Burgess and Whitehead be earmarked for the two midfield trialists with the club throughout pre-season and the big signing using Theo Robinson wages could be pricisely another striker.....say a Scott Quigley or say a player who can play left wing or upfront like say Andrade....so maybe the trialists and the first year professionals get deals and the final signing is a proven forward very much for the first team.....or maybe a left winger and a striker after all...still think Molyneux could be worth considering and it looks like Tshimanga is still not fixed up and as an added extra Swan back on loan maybe.....there is certainly a couple of bits of business left in this pre-season.

19 hours ago, philmpv said:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Buckley-Ricketts

This is a guy I would have loved us to have taken a punt on. All the talent in the world it seems but I can't fathom how it appears to have gone so wrong for him. Possibly another Chris Regis

Interesting profile, leaving you wondering why, when he's gone out on loan, he hardly seems to be picked. Summat's up, surely.

Archived