onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

1 hour ago, Rocky said:

I know, thats why I asked if you knew anyone who went to the Newcastle game... 🙄

And even if you weren't there, it isn't difficult to find out the difference in personnel from the game on Friday evening, to the one less than 24 hours later. I think the only player to feature in both games that has a good chance of being in the squad this coming season was Bailey who impressed me against Kidsgrove, showed a lot of energy, got stuck in and was rewarded with a goal.

I expect Stone, Martin, Garrity and Proctor will be in the squad, plus Bailey and maybe Solanke if we sign him. They played first half at Stafford

56 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Could be a tough league this season compared to last. Quite a few sides doing good business and looking strong. 

Hard to call. The bookies are always lazy and stick the money boys and big clubs as favourite.

Salford and Bristol Rovers are their favourite. 

You always get a fly in the ointment a bit like Cambridge last season. 

I'm quietly confident we'll do well. 

This time I expect 2 of the relegation clubs to do nothing, Swindon and Rochdale. 

Certainly be an opportunity for us to challenge I reckon. 

16 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I expect Stone, Martin, Garrity and Proctor will be in the squad, plus Bailey and maybe Solanke if we sign him. They played first half at Stafford

You’re probably right, but how many of  them will be in the starting 11, and how many of the numerous kids who played will be anywhere near the squad?  Either way it’s a moot point, as we all know, these pre-season games mean absolutely nothing in terms of team performance come the start of the season proper.  I’d certainly read nothing into the loss at Stafford, just as I would the win at Newcastle.

18 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

They did, but surely I don't need to educate you that games are 90 minutes in duration (Or 120 if you're playing Fleetwood). If we based games on the first 45 minutes, England would have won the Euros on Sunday. Your agenda is so strange, so negative, no balance at all to your opinions and I think you know this but you get a kick out of the reaction you get. It's just really sad to see. An odd outlook to have during an exciting time for the club, waiting and hoping for things to go wrong. 

Just a poor mans imitation of posters who’ve gone before by just being negative to go against the grain to try and create some conflict within the forum, all with no real foundation or rationale to back up their opinions. 

22 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Just a poor mans imitation of posters who’ve gone before by just being negative to go against the grain to try and create some conflict within the forum, all with no real foundation or rationale to back up their opinions. 

Agree, it’s spoiling the forum. It’s good to have debate, but constantly pushing an agenda to wind folk up is becoming very tiresome. 

I can't comment on recruitment good or bad as apart from a couple of players I haven't seen or heard of them. What I will say is after what Clarke achieved last season with the pile of pooh he inherited
if they are only slightly better we should be pushing for the playoffs. There is no denying that we were more organised and more adaptable during games than we have been for years

19 minutes ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

Agree, it’s spoiling the forum. It’s good to have debate, but constantly pushing an agenda to wind folk up is becoming very tiresome. 

Totally agree BB

I have said this before… but for the life of me I don’t know why people continue to respond to the bloke.

No one is “proving him wrong” they are simply giving him the reaction he wants. Every time someone responds or bites he gets the little kick he wants.

Ignore list and move on… it’s the only way.

Totally agree BB
I have said this before… but for the life of me I don’t know why people continue to respond to the bloke.
No one is “proving him wrong” they are simply giving him the reaction he wants. Every time someone responds or bites he gets the little kick he wants.

I’ve followed your advice

It would be foolish to expect top 3. We have the infrastructure, players and management team to do it, but can’t take it as a given. I believe we will get promoted, but we can’t <ovf censored> ourselves if we don’t start off on fire.

12 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Totally agree BB

I have done this now.

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I have no agenda as such, I just don't rate Clarke as a manager and am concerned for the club with him in charge of the first team. Simple enough for you? 

😂 

4 promotions already 9 game winning run in his first season with us 

Tell us a good manager u like? 

Archived