onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

4 minutes ago, theresonlyonemcphee said:

Out of necessity for Clarke, I think (no left sided centre half other than Brizzer)

I wouldn't swear on it, because he can switch to RB which would be odd. But I'm pretty sure he's played there most of the time for us not just under DC. When we played 3 CBs I thought he was usually left, Brizz centre and Legge right.

Stand to be corrected as it seems a while ago.

Cass can play RB/RCB and offers cover both for Smith and Gibbons....Solanke is a defensive midfielder who can also play across the back four....both Cass and Solanke are big units and it certainly looks like a "land of the giants" squad.

While Gibbons will miss the start of the season kinda expect Cass to play rightback and Smith to partner Martin with Benning at left back.....then again it might be 3/5/2 with a back three and wingbacks.

Wonder if Swan back on loan could be the fourth striker.

3 hours ago, Burslem Academicals said:

GK Covalan/Stone

RB Gibbons/Cass

CB Smith/Martin/Johnson/Legge (Lennon)

LB Benning/Jones

RW Worrall/Amoo

DM Walker/Pett/Solanke

AM Conlon/Taylor/Garrity

LW Hurst (Dyer)

ST Rodney/Wilson/Proctor

Just need a left winger and a striker.

The squad rebuild is nearly complete with the majority of pre-season left, which is a major plus. I think it was vital we got our business done in a timely manner, and we’ve certainly done that. I’m very confident this squad with be an improvement on last season. UTV. 

3 hours ago, tisdeano said:

I think we have improved in almost every area , little question mark for me on keepers but we will see very shortly if they are better or not

Cant really argue with that,i also think our squad looks stronger than last seasons with a couple more still to come in but as you say it's to be seen if the keepers are better than Brown,there will be a couple of signings that dont work out as there usually is but i have full confidence in the management set up to get the majority right

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Why have you posted this? If DC had signed him you would be slating him no end

Looking at the players they have signed its only Wilkinson i think is really decent tbh

Really happy with the squad. Fantastic progress. There isn’t many teams around who have convinced every wanted player to stay, released all the unwanted players and replaced them with proven better experience / higher league experience / more potential in every single case from what I can see.

If Walsall want to pick a fight with us, let them fight in an empty room as we go on to better things. It’s like arguing with Trump, facts vs bluster and warped obsession. 

48 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Why have you posted this? If DC had signed him you would be slating him no end

Looking at the players they have signed its only Wilkinson i think is really decent tbh

I had an email from Walsall because I have bought England tickets from them and am on their mailing list. I thought it was of interest as they are in our league.

6 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Maybe I’m in the minority and see him as a squad signing, I’m really don’t get how some people go overboard about us essentially developing someone else’s players.

He comes to us having gained good experience, despite his young age, and at a level not much below us - if we get a good season out of him that's excellent...and probably a deal cheaper than a permanent signing? Plus, he may be a loanee that DC is hoping he can sign permanent, later? In any case, does it hurt to take on good, young talent, even if it's only for a season? He may well be a squad player...but, if Gibbo is out for a while, still, Cass could play himself into first choice?

Archived