onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 hours ago, mikey said:

Rhys Oates signs for Mansfield. I was hoping we might have been in for him.

Just wondering why you think that? Not really done anything at all at league level has he(not sure)

I know that if we were in for him before he went Hartlepool then a lot of fans would be in meltdown a bit like if we had signed Mullin last summer,as a lot only look at stats

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Just wondering why you think that? Not really done anything at all at league level has he(not sure)

I know that if we were in for him before he went Hartlepool then a lot of fans would be in meltdown a bit like if we had signed Mullin last summer,as a lot only look at stats

Hes in form and coming off a good season. I think he would have been worth taking a punt on, and Mansfield obviously see something too.

7 minutes ago, mikey said:

Hes in form and coming off a good season. I think he would have been worth taking a punt on, and Mansfield obviously see something too.

I do really like Johnson who they signed from Orient proven in this league as well

Yes I understand that but can Vale as a club have players being paid for nothing as that's not on .
It's like me turning up at work and them saying you be paid but you can go home or you can do nothing to earn your money .
Training is not earning your money ,what you do 15.00 on a Saturday or 19.45 tues or wed is ,in my opinion so you have to if not part of the plans play your way into the plans if haven't got lined up elsewhere as you do not get money for nothing you have to give everything to earn your money ,the folk do who watch you so I'd expect a different hunger from the 3 not wanted players .

Remember, Vale had a squad of around 35 players only a couple of years ago. I'm sure that reducing the squad size will have made a huge difference to the club's finances. So carrying 3 players for a while is probably not the end of the world.
Also, whilst making them train away from the squad might sound a bit off, it will surely motivate them and their agents to find alternative employment.

34 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Orient managed to sign up Vigaroux though, who I was told was way out of our league and would sign for a league 1 club by some on here!!!

I read somewhere that Jacket has been given a decent budget this season, so there’s obviously a possibility that Vigouroux was just testing the water whilst at the same time levering a better deal out of the O’s.  Who knows.

15 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

Yes I understand that but can Vale as a club have players being paid for nothing as that's not on .

It's like me turning up at work and them saying you be paid but you can go home or you can do nothing to earn your money .

Training is not earning your money ,what you do 15.00 on a Saturday or 19.45 tues or wed is ,in my opinion so you have to if not part of the plans play your way into the plans if haven't got lined up elsewhere as you do not get money for nothing you have to give everything to earn your money ,the folk do who watch you so I'd expect a different hunger from the 3 not wanted players .

But they won't be registered players so they won't be playing for us. We must have budgeted with them still on the payroll. They will hopefully get a new club or at least go out on loan with the club at least getting part of their salary back.

3 hours ago, vale victory said:

Elliott Nevitt the guy were were rumoured to be chasing has just signed for Tranmere

The vale were never in for him.

Let’s just say he was a very friendly and open bloke on Twitter. When we were rumoured I sent him a tweet saying I hope he signed and wishing him all the best… I didn’t expect a reply! 

Next minute he was chatting away quite happily. Really decent bloke… went to Crewe who wanted him. Tranmere obviously were too and he really likes it there… and the fact that he lives close was a huge plus.

He said he had heard nothing from the vale and they hadn’t even spoken to him.

He told me he was probably going to Tranmere a few weeks ago and then went very very quiet. I imagine they gave him a few tips on social media.

I genuinely wish him well as he seemed very genuine and very excited and just wants to play football and fulfill his dream.

Told him he wasn’t allowed to score against us though!

😂

There’s a little bit of insight into the transfer policy in Clarke’s interview today, basically “flexibility”.

Interesting to note that he realises not everyone will be happy with constant changes in formation but says that’s his style.  Hopefully we fans can all buy into this, which, naturally, will be a little easier if we’re doing well.

Stokinel reporting that DC is still looking for another defender (presumably a right back) plus a winger and potentially  another striker.

Hope they have got that wrong because the prospect of going into the season with just three strikers is not one that makes me particularly happy. Factor in injuries, suspensions and other issues and we could easily be down to one striker. A decent loan signing, like Swan, for example, would suit me but we definitely need four on the books.

Fingers crossed.

18 minutes ago, CambridgeDon said:

Stokinel reporting that DC is still looking for another defender (presumably a right back) plus a winger and potentially  another striker.

Hope they have got that wrong because the prospect of going into the season with just three strikers is not one that makes me particularly happy. Factor in injuries, suspensions and other issues and we could easily be down to one striker. A decent loan signing, like Swan, for example, would suit me but we definitely need four on the books.

Fingers crossed.

Agree, but perhaps he’s thinking Eden Bailey could be the 4th with Amoo as back up striker. DC seems to have played him up top a lot since he’s come in.

Archived