onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Certainly looks like we are stepping up in terms of coaching, we used to carry coaches out of sentiment...now there seems to be a well through out recruitment process.

In a world where squad caps and wages restrictions are making building a competitive team more difficult, the back room is where we can really gain an edge that could see us promoted. 

21 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Sutton have signed Bouldewijn from Notts County.

Seems to of lost his way after quite a big fee to Crawley.

Still surprised at his destination.

I'm guessing he must be pretty erratic, talent alone he should be better than National League/a bottom end League Two team(no disrespect to Sutton but I'm guessing their budget will be at the lower end of League Two all things consider despite it being a reasonably affluent area). I suspect he thought the move to County would work out better than going down then 2 seasons in a lower division though. That's football I guess!

The way I see it is there is pressure on Wilson above all the other forwards. I can see Rodent repeating his goal tally in the league from last season but smashing in 20-25 is a huge ask and if he did do a repeat that would be great. Proctor is going to be measured more as a hold up, assists and general play kind of guy, which I’m sure he’ll be able to do easily at league 2 level.

Wilson could get 2 or 30.  Really hard to predict but Darrell doesn’t seem like someone who would be going off what Wilson could be in a dreamer’s world. If he sees alarm bells ringing he steers clear surely, so that makes me think he could be a great signing.

I suppose if Worrall and Conlon pick up where they left off last season, plus some added offensive production from a much better midfield in general, that could plug the gap.

A replacement for Robinson who can score 10+ is a piece we could very much do with, but if Colc doesn’t come off I think he’ll be the fourth. I suppose he could get 10 odd off the bench but is the motivation there?

8 minutes ago, 1 said:

The way I see it is there is pressure on Wilson above all the other forwards. I can see Rodent repeating his goal tally in the league from last season but smashing in 20-25 is a huge ask and if he did do a repeat that would be great. Proctor is going to be measured more as a hold up, assists and general play kind of guy, which I’m sure he’ll be able to do easily at league 2 level.

Wilson could get 2 or 30.  Really hard to predict but Darrell doesn’t seem like someone who would be going off what Wilson could be in a dreamer’s world. If he sees alarm bells ringing he steers clear surely, so that makes me think he could be a great signing.

I suppose if Worrall and Conlon pick up where they left off last season, plus some added offensive production from a much better midfield in general, that could plug the gap.

A replacement for Robinson who can score 10+ is a piece we could very much do with, but if Colc doesn’t come off I think he’ll be the fourth. I suppose he could get 10 odd off the bench but is the motivation there?

My sentiments exactly apart from the 10 off the bench for Theo.

Wilson could be anything. He could either smash up the division with the ability he has or it could go the other way as you suggest.

I feel with the coaching set up we have in place that Wilson will put the effort in and with that rewards should follow.

Expecting big things from him, his return at Salford last season wasn't too shabby as apparently he was played out of position a lot. 

I think we need one more striker and I feel that DC and DF have one very special one who has yet to be announced yet .

Welcome Dean Whitehead from breadwinner VFIA my alter ego says welcome too .

As for Smith I hear he is now a Vale fan good to hear according to someone on Facebook who bumped into him at a  mostly stoke fan zone so that's good enough for me .

Let's have a good season 

UTV 

5 hours ago, robf said:

Thanks for that. 👍🏻

We’re definitely light in the forward positions, centrally and out wide.  Its OK having flexibility in the squad but if things went pear shaped, say we had to play Rodders wide, then we’ve got no cover up top.

Archived