onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

I think a strong striker at this level is a necessity, someone to hold the ball up, bring other players in and generally be a focal point and physical presence.  There’s no denying we’ve struggled to replace Pope in that regard over the last few seasons, the difference is that now we have to because he’s gone.  I think Proctor is going to be that target man, yet he should be able to offer us more mobility too.

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Absolutely bored rigid of seeing a certain name. 

I have opened a  Pope Analysis Thread and moved the last few hours of Pope posting there ,  so we should be able to keep the topics apart

22 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

I think a strong striker at this level is a necessity, someone to hold the ball up, bring other players in and generally be a focal point and physical presence.  There’s no denying we’ve struggled to replace Pope in that regard over the last few seasons, the difference is that now we have to because he’s gone.  I think Proctor is going to be that target man, yet he should be able to offer us more mobility too.

Deffo at this level, but in fairness you do see teams play with a big guy up top at all levels, eg. Lukaku for Belgium.

I do think it depends how teams set up.

For example Cambridge arguably had two units, Ironside and Mullen.

Bolton certainly didn't play with a big guy and despite the long throws from Tozer Cheltenham were quite dependant on May. 

I think we are getting a decent blend with scope for changing it up particularly if things aren't going to plan.

Possibly a nippy forward will be the last forward signing with obviously some sort of cover/competition for Gibbons looking a priority.

5 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I do think it depends how teams set up.

For example Cambridge arguably had two units, Ironside and Mullen.

Bolton certainly didn't play with a big guy and despite the long throws from Tozer Cheltenham were quite dependant on May. 

I think we are getting a decent blend with scope for changing it up particularly if things aren't going to plan.

Possibly a nippy forward will be the last forward signing with obviously some sort of cover/competition for Gibbons looking a priority.

Bolton had 6 foot plus Nathan Delfouneso whilst Cheltenham had Andy Williams up top.

I am impressed with the signings made to date and can see the logic individually and collectively. We do look a wholly more professional club on the playing side. That doesn't guarantee success; key players get injured etc. But the greater risk taken in releasing so many players and going for a fundamental overhaul is being well managed. I think. As a supporter. With a supporter's level of knowledge.

1 hour ago, Wrex said:

I best not mention Dan Trickett-Smith has got himself fixed up with Leek Town then

Odd one that. Someone on here whose opinion I respect was really positive about DT-S, but several managers never seemed to give him a look in. Guess the fact that no-one better than Leek have come in for him is telling.

14 hours ago, Tony Rodriguez said:

We are bringing players in from a level higher than the one at which we currently play. And some of those players are by no means sure to be in our starting eleven. What on earth is there not to like about our recruitment?  

They haven’t played in the champions league this season, and even if they have can they reach the value of Tom?

Archived