onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

6 minutes ago, Joe B said:

There's 4 weeks before we kick off. We're short a right back and a winger from the starting 11, and a couple of reserve forwards. We have a DoF and recruitment analyst to work on this every day.

Agree on the winger, but I also think we want another experienced striker who can start. As for full back it depends on how the manager wants to set up.  If we are using wing backs I think he’ll go with worrall at right wing back anyway. 

Advert

26 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

When Dc came in we continued with our losing streak, making many even myself think we’re going down and JA should have gone in December. DC then blamed the previous management which he was entitled to do and he was right. JA would have taken us down with his lack of knowledge in the transfer market and tactics. DC had to come in and motivate the squad which led to us going on a remarkable winning run and offered reassurance to us, the fans. Whilst for me the jury is out at the moment on DC who some may describe as a (poor mans Mourinho), I’ll make my decision around Christmas, it won’t just be based on league position it’ll also be based on performance. We’ve made some very good signings and with these unprecedented times players will be holding back on signing for clubs and holding clubs to ransom for a lucrative deal. Unfortunately in football at all levels clubs will overspend hoping to get promoted, however not every one can be promoted and will then struggle for years to come. A good example being that shower in Blurton.

The strength of a forum is to listen to others POVs invade someone mentions something that you haven’t seen or weren’t aware of. Please let’s of some cohesion amongst ourselves.

COYW

I think the appointment of Andy Crosby was the catalyst for the improvement in performance. His post Kidsgrove interview was a much better listen than Clarke's ramblings.

7 minutes ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

To be honest, bringing in 10 players by 5th July is pretty impressive and they look a good bunch of signings to me.

Personally I think Tom Pett could work out to be a masterstroke signing.

Conlon/Pett/Taylor is a very good central midfield engine at this level. Young too. 

New LW, RWB to challenge Gibbons, a target man and a rotation centre forward and we're away. 

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Personally I think Tom Pett could work out to be a masterstroke signing.

Conlon/Pett/Taylor is a very good central midfield engine at this level. Young too. 

New LW, RWB to challenge Gibbons, a target man and a rotation centre forward and we're away. 

Do you have a place for Worrall in the first 11

1 hour ago, Rampant Zebra said:

it seems a little uncoordinated to me

In what way? The obvious conclusion from 20/21 was that the biggest weaknesses were too much reliance on aging players in the spine (including for leadership), a lack of depth/competition for places in key areas, lack of tactical flexibility, inability to manage a game, and lack of physicality (in most areas, CB excepted).

DC himself answered the tactical flexibility/game management issues, as was evident on our run late last season. The clear-out and subsequent recruitment thus far, (which everyone in the club state is incomplete, but 10 have been brought in during the first half of the close season, so only 4-5 to find in the next 4-5 weeks), has addressed all of the remaining problems, with many of the signings having clearly been sounded out and/or signed up to the project very early on in the close season, if not before.

We are just a couple of players away now from a very competitive 22, which is a damn sight closer than we were 6 weeks ago, or indeed 12 months ago.

7 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think the appointment of Andy Crosby was the catalyst for the improvement in performance. His post Kidsgrove interview was a much better listen than Clarke's ramblings.

Andy Crosby appears to be a top top signing.

Every manager , good or bad, needs a great number two

1 minute ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

Do you have a place for Worrall in the first 11

Absolutely, one of if not the very best in L2 in that position. I was just referring to the very strong creative centre mid options we've now got. We know what Conlon can do, we saw what JT could do in the #10 role, and Pett has achieved a few promotions and play off finishes. Impossible to say anything about Garrity yet but won't be difficult for him to become a more reliable rotation/back up option than Whitehead. 

On the subject of JT, I've heard his downturn in form last season was because he got turned over by COVID19 and was feeling it for a few months. Hopefully a good pre-season and a forward CAM role will see him delivering again. 

15 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Agree on the winger, but I also think we want another experienced striker who can start. As for full back it depends on how the manager wants to set up.  If we are using wing backs I think he’ll go with worrall at right wing back anyway. 

We need a striker who WILL challenge Wilson and Rodney. Cannot just rely on a young loan player and another chancer for our two striking options.

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Absolutely, one of if not the very best in L2 in that position. I was just referring to the very strong creative centre mid options we've now got. We know what Conlon can do, we saw what JT could do in the #10 role, and Pett has achieved a few promotions and play off finishes. Impossible to say anything about Garrity yet but won't be difficult for him to become a more reliable rotation/back up option than Whitehead. 

On the subject of JT, I've heard his downturn in form last season was because he got turned over by COVID19 and was feeling it for a few months. Hopefully a good pre-season and a forward CAM role will see him delivering again. 

Agree but i do see top competition for places in that midfiel three, including Worrall fighting for a place. Nothing erong with that. Taylor has to push Worrall for a place in the team, if he gets it then we will benefit. If Worrall holds his place and performs well then again we benefit.

Second wing back to really push Gibbons may be a top signing too. Smith has shown he can fill in there if needed but real pace and atacking options are needed there aswell as defensive duties.

As i said earlier another strikef to push Wilson and Rodney too.

Really excited for this coming season, cant wait

59 minutes ago, robf said:

The Sentinel is reporting that Clarke wants to sign four players - a defender, a winger and two forwards.

Presuming that defender is a right-back then we would have one in place for the start of the season. We'd then have Smith as emergency cover to switch across until hopefully Gibbo is back fit.

I do think it's a little premature to say we're running out of time. By this point last summer we'd yet to sign a single player. Rodney was the first to arrive on the 7th July.

Rob, the Sentinel also reported that a car had been stopped in Meir without insurance. For me it would have been more newsworthy if they’d told us a car had been stopped by the police in Meir that had insurance.

Rob, the Sentinel also reported that a car had been stopped in Meir without insurance. For me it would have been more newsworthy if they’d told us a car had been stopped by the police in Meir that had insurance.
Or wheels

Archived