onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

4 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

It’s one of a number of reasons he shouldn’t have got a new contract. 

Trot 'em out then and justify them rather than give the meaningless sweeping statements you usually spout but specifically, explain how Pope's tweet(s) were antisemetic.

Advert

4 hours ago, Dr Delgado said:

I rate Pope, in the same way I rate Grew, Sproson, Gardener, Mills, Hill, Taylor, Walker, Earle, Guppy, Beckford & Futcher-They were all ace one but you wouldn't pick a one of them to face Kidsgrove tomorrow. The Rocky films were good but they weren't for real you know. 

Tom Pope will be 36 in August and many footballers play into their mid 30's. All those guys are in their 40's and beyond and have packed in playing football yonks ago, not many players play in the EFL at 40+.

Tom Pope was a very good player for Port Vale. A legend. Some of his moments will live in my memory forever. To name just 3 , Cheltenham hat trick, Rotherham away Boxing Day and THAT goal at Man City . 

He occasionally was controversial and tarnished the image of the club with foolish behaviour but in the main has been a great servant. 

Sometimes because of his style of play he was isolated and frustrated and the football was awful. Not his fault. 

However he has had umpteen niggly  injuries and at 36 soon his best days are long gone. 

This place would explode if we signed a 36 year old from say Gillingham who scored 3 last season. I don't want to hear comparison with Kevin Ellison either before that old chestnut is trotted out. 

He's gone, the king is dead long live the king. 

It's getting boring now seeing his name trotted out , it's lazy. 

The noise has been deafening from rival clubs clamouring for his services. Let's see where he ends up eh. 

I need a filter that deletes a post with his name in it because it either makes my blood boil or makes me wet myself laughing.

He's gone , get over it. He's not coming back, get over it. 

It's not disrespectful, it's the harsh life of a professional footballer. 

A wonderful Vale career and fantastic goalscorer. It's all history.

Let it go for goodness sake. 

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

Back on track,which strikers are still out there and available? 

Also intrigued to see who the trialist is,my guess would be a young lad released from an Academy but will they be named or just known as trialist

I don't think it will be a ' name' when a striker signs. Purely because of Wilson and Rodney. 

Maybe someone of the ilk of Ben Williamson back in the day as an option from the bench. 

Clarke is quite bullish isn't he about players who can play a few positions. I'll throw Amoo into the hat as an occasional striker , he's seen something in him to keep him because he was no better than many who got released. 

Maybe a target man type will sign and Amoo a 4th option.

I'm only guessing I'm probably way off the mark. 

If people think Pope 'didn't have much pace/physicality' to lose, they're forgetting how good Pope was at his peak. Watch some old clips of him; there's a stark contrast in his athleticism. He's over the hill as a pro footballer now and we move on.

Archived