onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

19 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Just seen some of Benning's goals for Mansfield, looks like he fair strike on him, some great goals on youtube.  What a great signing and also Pett as well, fantastic business done today, can't wait for the season to start now.  What a difference to be signing players that clubs wished they had been able to keep.

When the signings started to come in a couple of weeks ago I said that it was new territory for Vale in the  21st Century that we were signing players that teams in our league were envious that they hadn't signed for them or wish they had stayed.

The Benning signing is a huge indicator that the club can attract players who could play in the league above and he in particular is willing to stay in League 2 for one more season because he believes promotion is very viable. 12 months in any footballer's career is a big chunk and location will have played a part and pay etc and we don't know what terms were on offer but the fact that he has turned his back on League 1 football is pretty huge, especially as there is no guarantee he will gain that interest next season. 12 months is a long time in football, anything can happen. Again, I'm speculating against what else was on the table.

I'm feeling positive that we are on the right track and that the club has never been this well organised before. Whether that will carry on to the pitch, we will have to wait and see. But we've wanted and needed this for years, deep searches on attributes and playing style, height, age, adaptability and a manager that has done this rebuild before.

What's really important is we stop the pessimism until the results on the pitch curtail our optimism. We owe that to Clarke given the faith that previous managers have had that didn't deserve it.

It feels like a very clear roadmap has been drawn and we need to get behind this new and exciting team until they give us a reason not to.

Up the Vale!

Advert

20 minutes ago, Rocky said:

When the signings started to come in a couple of weeks ago I said that it was new territory for Vale in the  21st Century that we were signing players that teams in our league were envious that they hadn't signed for them or wish they had stayed.

The Benning signing is a huge indicator that the club can attract players who could play in the league above and he in particular is willing to stay in League 2 for one more season because he believes promotion is very viable. 12 months in any footballer's career is a big chunk and location will have played a part and pay etc and we don't know what terms were on offer but the fact that he has turned his back on League 1 football is pretty huge, especially as there is no guarantee he will gain that interest next season. 12 months is a long time in football, anything can happen. Again, I'm speculating against what else was on the table.

I'm feeling positive that we are on the right track and that the club has never been this well organised before. Whether that will carry on to the pitch, we will have to wait and see. But we've wanted and needed this for years, deep searches on attributes and playing style, height, age, adaptability and a manager that has done this rebuild before.

What's really important is we stop the pessimism until the results on the pitch curtail our optimism. We owe that to Clarke given the faith that previous managers have had that didn't deserve it.

It feels like a very clear roadmap has been drawn and we need to get behind this new and exciting team until they give us a reason not to.

Up the Vale!

This is spot on

Do you think a re-invented Amoo fits the bill for LW ?
Clarke surprisingly kept him despite him barely playing under him. I'm sure he might have a part to play still ? 
Got be a reason he was kept in the May Cull 
For me personally no. Yes he can play with both feet and on his day can win a game on his own. Problem for me is that his day only happens at most twice a season.

To think only a week ago some on here were absolutely panic stricken and accusing DF and DC of having no plan and a dick swinging cull of players to boost their own egos! Others were convinced we would have no GK come the start of the season!

2 hours ago, Clayts said:

Suspect Benning's entry will soon say something similar, but with the addition of 'securing a record 110 points in the process'... 😄

Oddschecker saying 20/1 if anyone fancies taking some money off the Coates family...

It's been a good day!

Do not have a bet365 account on principle and the thought of any money from PVFC fans, going to them, chills me to the bone

18/1 on Sky Bet, think I will have a fiver on tonight before we make any more quality signings.  I can't believe that they have the likes of Carlisle, Swindon and Orient at shorter odds than us.
To be fair, Swindon are guaranteed at least 3 points off us

So Tshimango is off to Bolton shame really the lad is out of contract and turns 24 on July 22nd I think it is and could therefore been signed on a free....could have been a canny bit of business......anyway hopefully the matrix has a couple of top strikers lined up and the Andrade rumours are true which just leaves a right back and for balance a right side centre back as the final five signings.

Tom Pett is a great signing, admired him at Stevenage for years. A great pro, who is just the midfielder we need. 

Aside from the goalkeepers, which I am not quite so confident about, the rest show strength in depth of a squad that I genuinely cannot remember since we left the Championship. 

3 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

Probably really wants to play at an higher level and had offers but he’s decided to give us a year to see if he can achieve that here if not he will try his luck elsewhere. Another good signing. A forward now please. And a decent one and the squad is taking shape rather nicely. 

I think you're spot on. 

Archived