onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, Beech said:

In a better side and with a full season behind him, there's no reason why Rodney can't be that guy. None at all.

Spot on. 

Basically a novice in the Football League, played in a team struggling.

He can only improve. Was it 12 he got . 

Advert

4 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Bit of an improvement to us signing Robinson, whitehead, mills and Fitzpatrick 

Funnily enough I was looking at who we signed on the 28th June in other seasons. 

Obviously, today it was Tom Pett and Mal Benning. In other years on this date we have signed...

• Kevin Pilkington
  • Colin Miles
  • Anthony Kay
  • Idris Kanu
  • Theo Vassell

I think 2021 may just be the winner... 😉

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Could play 433 like beechy posted, do agree though Worrall obviously starts in any 11

Many many options here.

Only slight doubt for me is the two up front. So far only Wilson and Rodney and there are doubts about both for the ' goalscorer '.

Hope Rodney develops further. Hope Wilson really wants to be a vale player. Still time for another striker to join us though ?

6 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Either Carol is really splashing the cash, or a lot of those we've released were on a lot more money than they should have been

I have said all along that we have no issue at all with money and have an excellent budget,i would just like to see a decent wide man and striker in next and that should start to bump up season tickets as well again 

If we don't sign another striker that goes into the starting 11 then the manager must have total belief in himself to get the best out of Wilson. At the moment you would worry about goals if him or Rodney get injured early on, especially the latter.

That's ten new signings so far. Just another four needed to beat Bruno's "unlucky" 13 signed in the summer of 2016.

p.s. I don't think there's much comparison between Messrs MBamba, Mac-Intosch and the like and this summer's incomings!

12 minutes ago, philmpv said:

Either Carol is really splashing the cash, or a lot of those we've released were on a lot more money than they should have been

I just think it's more of a case of quality over quantity (finally!). 

For years managers kept saying "quality over quantity" then having a bloated 35 man squad of average dossers.

Take the wages of 3 dossers and you have 1 quality player.

@valeparklife True, even with the three transfer listed players, the squad size right now is only 22.

Last season it was 25 (by my rough calculations) at the start of the season and then quickly went up to 27 with the additions of McKirdy and Clark shortly after the start of the season.

So, we're still five down on last season's numbers. If we manage to get rid of any of the three on the list, then there's even more of a gap.

Archived