onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

So we now just need a right back and a left back as cover and a right side centre back as cover then a defensive holding midfielder as cover which are so called stage 2 signings and a good left winger to give Hurst some competition plus two good strikers.....that's 24 players....can also add a couple of U21 players.

Like the emphasis on signing young players for development rather than loan signings so kinda expect this last stage two set of players to be mostly young players.

1 hour ago, maccapvfc said:

I think Burgess would be a good midfield backup and strikes me as having the right type of attitude, although he is lightweight. I guess it depends on the type of formations DC plans to play as it could mean despite all his hard work to impress, he may never get a look in. 

Burgess is very mobile and has a bit of pace but is somewhat lightweight in a midfield two but right side on a midfield three with Taylor on the left looked a very good player as a goal threat but mostly assists the lad has a shot but can play a good ball and cross so thinking aloud would possibly be well suited to wide midfield with more space time and room to deliver...would track get up and down and would cover a lot of ground....thought the lad had ability and is young enough for development.

1 hour ago, Doha said:

I don’t know about two more midfielders but backup DM, RWB/LWB and 2x strikers definitely.

I’ve heard Burgess has been properly grafting over the summer so you never know, Clarke might see enough to keep him. The other two on the list we certainly need to lose as quick as possible. 

I think we are woefully short on strikers and Robinson s probably the best one we have at the moment. I would like to see him given a proper chance. He has scored more goals in the last 3 or 4 seasons than Wilson has scored in his career to date. But Wilson is a better striker? 

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think we are woefully short on strikers and Robinson s probably the best one we have at the moment. I would like to see him given a proper chance. He has scored more goals in the last 3 or 4 seasons than Wilson has scored in his career to date. But Wilson is a better striker? 

Robinson is awful. We saw that last season and in his previous vale spell. There is a reason he has been transfer listed 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Robinson is awful. We saw that last season and in his previous vale spell. There is a reason he has been transfer listed 

Awful, yet he has scored 100+ goals in his career. We are just not getting the best out of him, which is down to management. 

Good article on the youth team set up and Billy Paynter....in short they have just signed two impressive young centre backs Josh Nunes and Ben Sangare and have the highly rated left back John Clarke in the building plus hot prospects strikers Eden Bailey and Nelson Agho and it sounds like another generation of promising youth players who could go on to get professional contracts....while defender Michael Lennon and winger Ammar Dyer will join the six weeks pre-season training with the first team with a view to signing professional contracts......that could be our back up centre back and winger right there in terms of squad cover.

11 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Awful, yet he has scored 100+ goals in his career. We are just not getting the best out of him, which is down to management. 

Good job we have a manager who started him every game in a run of 25 points from 27, getting a lot out of a player who had contributed basically nothing prior. Up the Bobby Dazzler. What a manager.

Glad you've come round matey. We got there in the end.

13 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

So down to askey and his team, Clarke and his team and the previous management when we last had him. He’s crap end of. 100 goals in the amount of games he has played is nothing to write home about. So 3 different management teams and he managed to score 5 in 43. What. A. Player 

E9C7357A-BCFB-47D3-BB19-7EAE53BDA8AA.png

7 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

So down to askey and his team, Clarke and his team and the previous management when we last had him. He’s crap end of. 100 goals in the amount of games he has played is nothing to write home about. So 3 different management teams and he managed to score 5 in 43. What. A. Player 

E9C7357A-BCFB-47D3-BB19-7EAE53BDA8AA.png

I didn't say he was Aguero, just not sure he is the worst striker we have based on stats...

Archived