onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

11 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Interesting signing that.

Stone played 21 times last season for Mansfield in L2.

I'm still not sure who the #1 will be!

Obviously Covolan, as Stone is wearing a sweatshirt rather than the regulation first team signings' plain round-neck t-shirt.

That and the fact his is a 1-year deal with option, rather than 2 years like Covolan.

Either way, young but with some experience at our level, so perfect signing to both develop and provide healthy competition.

Welcome Aidan, and well done again DC and DF.

9 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Interesting signing that.

Stone played 21 times last season for Mansfield in L2.

I'm still not sure who the #1 will be!

Covolan is a 2yr Stone a 1yr so i would say covolan number one choice but they hope Stone will push him close

2 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Obviously Covolan, as Stone is wearing a sweatshirt rather than the regulation first team signings' plain round-neck t-shirt.

That and the fact his is a 1-year deal with option, rather than 2 years like Covolan.

Either way, young but with some experience at our level, so perfect signing to both develop and provide healthy competition.

Welcome Aiden, and well done again DC and DF.

Based on contract length you're probably right.

Suppose we might know for sure once the squad numbers are announced.

Looks a promising young keeper with league experience. Hopefully he’ll provide some healthy competition to be the number one keeper and has not just come to the club to play in that awful trophy competition. With DC I can imagine that no player will be assured a starting position. This could cause problems but hopefully it won’t and they’ll want to be part of a successful outfit. Looks like another player we’re hoping to develop, if so we’ll need to get a new contract sorted as soon as possible, otherwise he’ll be off. Welcome Aidan

Looks to me like GK is going to be an open competition. 

I think the last time we had that was  a young Sam Johnson who won the shirt ahead of Chris Neal. I think it actually raised Neal’s game when he came back in.

Mansfield fans say he is ok but needs some work on certain things but will be decent back up and still plenty of time to improve.

For me he is certainly a young lad for the squad who wont be on a great deal,could come in when given the chance and shine and at 21 we would then be looking to work on him to hopefully sell on....... IF all went to plan of course

I do think we need a definite number one so that decision is down to Clarke 

I'm sure some of the older ones like me remember England faffed around for years with Clemence and Shilton almost alternating. 

I think there's probably a whisker between the two and they both now have to grab the opportunity. 

Be interesting see who gets the nod but as I said before it's almost like the length of contract suggests Covolon holding the cards 

14 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

Maybe there isn’t a recognised number 1 at this point.  It’s between the 2 keepers to compete for the first team spot.  Not a bad thing.

Edit: provided both are of the required standard.

Spot on. Why should we have a No1 & No2, competition should bring out the best in them

Archived