Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Doha said:

An (on form) attack of 

Worrall                             Andrade
              Wilson  Rodney

with Amoo now and then when he decides he's going to show some interest this week is potentially a very, very exciting forward line at this farmers league level. Particularly if Jake Taylor can recapture his previous success in the #10 role, and if Walker can be a better Joyce/Oyeleke for us and give Conlon some space and freedom to find a searching through ball to the pace to burn up front. 

You ruined my bet Doha....... I was adamant that BurslemAcca would of put him in a team before anyone else even thought about it 😞 

Advert

1 hour ago, Doha said:

He can switch to the right too, which for a pacy forward is priceless. Imagine being some run of the mill clodhopping L2 fullback with the brain the size of a nectarine and Worrall/Andrade have switched sides 4 times on you already in the first 30 minutes. Interjected with sojourns up to the Vale box for corners where our apparently deranged new Brazilian goalkeeper amuses himself by shouting at you. You'd be having a mental breakdown. Class. 

All we would need to do then is re-sign Mad Gav

Andrarde would be a very exciting signing. I feel we would certainly need to have a big man up top to feed of our crosses.  We will need to mix our game up from the pace, skill and power of Rodney and Wilson. 

Someone like Harry Smith 6ft 5in lower league striker. Not suggesting we should sign this player(I think he had mental health issues from memory) but a type of player who can be a real handful and a really good squad player good enough to come on impact a game if a change is needed.

Another one to add to the land of giants.

15 minutes ago, MBE said:

Andrarde would be a very exciting signing. I feel we would certainly need to have a big man up top to feed of our crosses.  We will need to mix our game up from the pace, skill and power of Rodney and Wilson. 

Someone like Harry Smith 6ft 5in lower league striker. Not suggesting we should sign this player(I think he had mental health issues from memory) but a type of player who can be a real handful and a really good squad player good enough to come on impact a game if a change is needed.

Another one to add to the land of giants.

We still need two more strikers so it'll be interesting to see if he does go for one or two classic burly centre forwards, or whether we're going to be out and out pace merchants keeping it on the deck. You've got to be able to mix it up in this tinpot league so I suspect we'll see a Tom Pope replacement come in, someone in a similar mould, and then the 4th striker would I'd imagine be another Will Swan type loan, or cheap signing. 

55 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

It's quite easy to understand?

Goalkeepers are very different to forwards. I think people hoped for someone with L1/L2 experience.

A dodgy keeper can absolutely ruin you. Remember Ryan Boot/Dimitar Evtimov/Deniz Mehmet etc? It's so important to get it right.

I'm firmly in the "I'll judge him once he's played a few times" camp, although my very first initial thought was that he'd be a backup. I do like the sound of him now the dust has settled though.

The way I look at the Covolan signing is like this.

We've already got it on good authority that he's mental. Frequently running up to the other end of the pitch for corners in normal league matches with 10 minutes+injury time to play and getting screamed at by Gary Johnson to get back in his own box. Torquay fans think he's sound. Hartlepool fans on social media are incredibly rattled by him shouting at their players to unsettle them during a penalty shoot out, in the blink of an eye he's moved into an entire fanbases' heads rent free. I did some reading on him the other day and found out he badly broke his arm a few years ago during a game but calmly pulled the dislocated fracture back into place himself while still on the pitch the absolute top drawer maniac. 

So he's either going to be brilliant in which case since he's also mental he will be a cult hero.

Or he'll be dreadful but he'll become a cult hero like Cecilia by virtue of being that bad. Also, don't forget that he's mental, which is brilliant.

Either way, banter. Brazilian flags in the away end at Hartlepool with his face superimposed making the locals have a breakdown from sheer impotent rage, it's going be class. 

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

So let me get this right then; people want us to sign Tchimanga from Boreham, because he had a good season in the league below.

But when we sign a keeper, who had a good season in the league below, people go mental? 
Defies logic this does…

1 of 4 strikers being a chancer signing is different to 1 of 1 in such a vulnerable position (assuming there’s no realistic challenger)

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Andrade would be a great signing. Not been the best for Salford but was quality for Lincoln. If his wages aren’t too much he’s exactly the kind of player we need. Proven at this level 

Not scored that many, did well at Lincoln 11 in 59 after coming from Boreham Wood (That wouldn't have gone down well with some on here....Non league chancer) Not scored  many for Salford maybe 1 in 26.

There may well be some psychology at play with regard to the goalkeeping situation. I think possibly Covolan could well be a No.2 but a strong one with good potential to be number 1. If we had already signed a Vigouroux or King would Covalan have come to the Vale knowing he would probably be second choice? I believe Darrell would be looking for genuine competition in all areas which we didn't have last season. I have no good reason to believe that all signings to date do not have the potential to shine.  

1 hour ago, blackdog said:

Not scored that many, did well at Lincoln 11 in 59 after coming from Boreham Wood (That wouldn't have gone down well with some on here....Non league chancer) Not scored  many for Salford maybe 1 in 26.

Have to agree.  Made his name at Boreham Wood.  One good season at Lincoln.  Not necessarily a nailed on first team starter for me but could be if he could recapture the form of those 3 seasons.  Not saying he'd be a bad signing, but I'm fairly ambivalent.

1 hour ago, 1 said:

I think the marquee / exciting signings are done. That is my gut feeling. Could be wrong but I think we are padding the team out now. 

Many of the better players will be holding out longest for the best deals, so there's every chance that your "marquee / exciting signings" are yet to come.

I'll add that repeating that phrase a few times first thing in the morning sets me up for the day. 😉

Archived