onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

He was absolutely unplayable at Lincoln… their fans shocked at what’s happened to him since he went to Salford for the reported £5k a week.

Get the Lincoln version… one of the best in the division.

Get the Salford version he’s be ok.

I wouldn’t pay £5k a week for either.

I think there is more concern over Covolon because he is our only goalkeeper as things stand.

I don't want to second guess the recruitment team but I'd imagine we'll sign a younger goalkeeper aged maybe around 22-25, who has maybe 10 / 20 or so appearances at League Two level. Basically someone to push Covolon for a first-team place, or to step in and do a reasonable enough job for a short run of games in case of injury or suspension.

Perhaps we'll go for a loanee for the position.

Basically at the moment if Covolon doesn't work out then we're looking at an empty spot on the bench to save us. I think we'd feel more relaxed if that spot was filled with someone with proven competence.

An (on form) attack of 

Worrall                             Andrade
              Wilson  Rodney

with Amoo now and then when he decides he's going to show some interest this week is potentially a very, very exciting forward line at this farmers league level. Particularly if Jake Taylor can recapture his previous success in the #10 role, and if Walker can be a better Joyce/Oyeleke for us and give Conlon some space and freedom to find a searching through ball to the pace to burn up front. 

He can switch to the right too, which for a pacy forward is priceless. Imagine being some run of the mill clodhopping L2 fullback with the brain the size of a nectarine and Worrall/Andrade have switched sides 4 times on you already in the first 30 minutes. Interjected with sojourns up to the Vale box for corners where our apparently deranged new Brazilian goalkeeper amuses himself by shouting at you. You'd be having a mental breakdown. Class. 

1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:

He was absolutely unplayable at Lincoln… their fans shocked at what’s happened to him since he went to Salford for the reported £5k a week.

Get the Lincoln version… one of the best in the division.

Get the Salford version he’s be ok.

I wouldn’t pay £5k a week for either.

He wouldn't be getting 5k here,so lets see if he is about the money or not(That's if the rumour is true)

I agree when he has played against us i remember him being pacy and tricky,another one who has lost his way since going Salford,nice to be linked with this type of player even if it is only a rumour

51 minutes ago, Danish Valiant said:

So let me get this right then; people want us to sign Tchimanga from Boreham, because he had a good season in the league below.

But when we sign a keeper, who had a good season in the league below, people go mental? 
Defies logic this does…

It's quite easy to understand?

Goalkeepers are very different to forwards. I think people hoped for someone with L1/L2 experience.

A dodgy keeper can absolutely ruin you. Remember Ryan Boot/Dimitar Evtimov/Deniz Mehmet etc? It's so important to get it right.

I'm firmly in the "I'll judge him once he's played a few times" camp, although my very first initial thought was that he'd be a backup. I do like the sound of him now the dust has settled though.

Archived