onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Really dont get some vale fans weve signed a keeper who has had a good season for a team who got to play off finals in league below, how is that not a decent signing people on here literally look for the negatives in everything, give the bloke a chance
He was a worthy keeper to be given the chance to step up.

Advert

42 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Brown has a lot of experience at league 2 level, Lucas has only played 46 games at National League level in two seasons, less than Brown played last season. 

These aren't schoolboys moving up a couple of years and physically might be at a disadvantage  the shots are just as hard in the National league, crosses come in just the same, what kind of experience are you looking for ? I know your on a wind up up but for goodness sake lighten up, I dread to think what your views are on the fixture list ......

There is literally no difference in signing a keeper from our league who had a decent season compared to signing a keeper who had a decent season from league below. And fans would be buzzing if we signed a keeper for league 2 who had a good season

58 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

If a League 1 team had come in for Brown would anyone be saying they were mad?  Yet several are concerned that we’ve signed a “League 3” keeper??

League 5

4 minutes ago, blackdog said:

These aren't schoolboys moving up a couple of years and physically might be at a disadvantage  the shots are just as hard in the National league, crosses come in just the same, what kind of experience are you looking for ? I know your on a wind up up but for goodness sake lighten up, I dread to think what your views are on the fixture list ......

What makes you think I am on a wind up. I would have liked a keeper who has consistently played 40 games a season at any level.

If I'm reading Jacko right 1, it is league three after the Premier and Championship, and the principle is till the same. Unless you still call them division 1, 2, 3 and 4, but that went out yonks ago.

Should we just all agree that Scott Brown was a top bloke but he isn't with us anymore and is in gainful employ at another club, unlike most of the rest of those released, and let's wait until we've seen Lucas play 5 games before we pass judgement on whether or not he is a good signing? All the comments doubting his pedigree are just froth and bubble until we see him in action behind our defence. Give the lad a chance, get behind him, and trust the management.  That's what fans are supposed to do, especially with a player who hasn't even played for us yet.

28 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

There is literally no difference in signing a keeper from our league who had a decent season compared to signing a keeper who had a decent season from league below. And fans would be buzzing if we signed a keeper for league 2 who had a good season

Why isn’t there? 

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Yes, it is not like the two of the best keepers in the world are currently Brazilian.

It's a completely pointless argumentt , but the original point was 'Alnwick had better pedigree than Covalan due to his caps with England U17', which is a flawed point.

Well I agree but Alnwick had a better pedigree on the basis he had played well as a first team keeper for Newcastle United with one very good display against Chelsea springing to mind. 

30 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

What makes you think I am on a wind up. I would have liked a keeper who has consistently played 40 games a season at any level.

I suppose you would like the Russian goalkeeper the other night he is a international the clown but in your team he would be ok.

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

I think what Vale1995 said stands true. There is not a huge difference in skillset of goalkeepers. The top few in the Premier yes are quality but there is not the vast gulf that there is between outfield players.

The Colchester keeper for example is probably almost on a par apart from a few minor details with say the Preston keeper.

Completely disagree with you on that. There is a massive difference through the divisions for GK's. Technique wise not so much but if you look at composure, communication, distribution, decision making commanding the box, positioning its hugely different.  

Archived