onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

9 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Brazil notoriously have always been notably weak when it comes to goalkeepers, compared to the greatness of their outfield teams. 

Yes, it is not like the two of the best keepers in the world are currently Brazilian.

It's a completely pointless argumentt , but the original point was 'Alnwick had better pedigree than Covalan due to his caps with England U17', which is a flawed point.

Advert

33 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Lawrence Vigouroux is available

The bloke had a very public fall out with Flitcroft who called him unprofessional and his behaviour inexcusable.

I can’t see it.

Plus we have a new number 1… the Tunstall Taffarel.

There were reportedly a number of league clubs after him so he isn’t a cheap option. Spending big on 2 keepers doesn’t seem like a good use of a budget. Young understudy with potential and move on to signing some more outfield players. 

be interesting to see if he's first team or not. Potentially not breaking the bank if he's a back up, while also being someone with experience who can realistically challenge the first team goalie. It would be good to have two goalkeepers who are capable of being first choice, as Brown was totally unchallenged when Visser was injured.

51 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Yes, it is not like the two of the best keepers in the world are currently Brazilian.

It's a completely pointless argumentt , but the original point was 'Alnwick had better pedigree than Covalan due to his caps with England U17', which is a flawed point.

As I recall, others on here will know more,  Alnwick was 3rd choice goalie at Newcastle, but due to injuries played in the Prem.  That to me is more important experience.

Great signing for me, conceded 17 in 24 starts in the NL regular season, (0.71 goals per game), whereas Torquay conceded 22 in the other 18 (1.22 per game), which suggests he made a difference when he was in nets (not conclusive as there may have been other factors, but still a decent sample to work with, so can say with a decent degree of confidence that he had a positive impact).

Only two teams (Stockport and Sutton) conceded fewer goals across the whole season than Torquay, with Stockport the best at 0.76 per game, which is still higher than Torquay with Covolan in goal. 

And he scored the equaliser and saved two penalties in the play-off final, so clearly decent under pressure. And everyone loves him at Torquay, and his message to the fans shows real affection and passion for what he does. And he's massive, and has real presence. And he isn't afraid of rubbing opposition players up the wrong way.

What more do you want?

2 minutes ago, Clayts said:

Great signing for me, conceded 17 in 24 starts in the NL regular season, (0.71 goals per game), whereas Torquay conceded 22 in the other 18 (1.22 per game), which suggests he made a difference when he was in nets (not conclusive as there may have been other factors, but still a decent sample to work with, so can say with a decent degree of confidence that he had a positive impact).

Only two teams (Stockport and Sutton) conceded fewer goals across the whole season than Torquay, with Stockport the best at 0.76 per game, which is still higher than Torquay with Covolan in goal. 

And he scored the equaliser and saved two penalties in the play-off final, so clearly decent under pressure. And everyone loves him at Torquay, and his message to the fans shows real affection and passion for what he does. And he's massive, and has real presence. And he isn't afraid of rubbing opposition players up the wrong way.

What more do you want?

Same for me mate. A team almost being promoted from the NL are really no different than the majority of teams in Dvision 2. I "feel" from all the reports that this is a good signing and a player who most certainly will gel with the Vale fans. 

Recruitment to date appears wise , well thought out and researched, which should excite Valiants. We have to trust the management team this coming season. They know their experience, knowledge and know how is on the line. They are going to do their damdest to ensure our future is bright.

To those pessimists I simply say give them a chance! Many of us have endured year after year of heartache and frustration but the current vibes from Carol down the line certainly have brought back my appetite and belief that we are about to commence a very exciting, profitable era. KTF.

I know quite a few people keep an eye out on VP during preseason, or walk their dog behind the training pitches as a pretext for a trying to spot trialists or unannounced signings. Anyone heard or seen anything? It seems as if Clarke has stayed true to form with the radio silence policy he's infamous for at past clubs. 

Can't recall this scepticism or negativity when we signed Rob Lainton ( that went well ) .

Has the potential to be a cult hero, we have to give the guy a chance , Visser was meant to be decent , i don't go to Pizza games, so what is to say Lucas won't be good.

He's already waiting for the monkey hangers away on Good Friday 

I’m really not sure how almost getting promoted with Torquay makes this guy a class player. Some of the dross we released / transfer listen we’re recently PROMOTED from the same division. There is a difference in class. Players like whitehead who played in Salford’s promotion season are nowhere near this level but seemingly good enough for that. I really don’t agree that there’s no difference. 

Archived