onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Yeah, but its all about a contextual see-saw......apparently!  🤔 🤤 😂

The weight of enjoying negativity, an agenda against a club that sacked someone’s chummy, or years of being used to uselessness oft causes people to overload the negative side of said see saw.

Its best to use both sides… more fun.

Advert

8 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

The players only "needed to go" if we subsequently get better ones to replace them. We'll see.

The players needed to go, regardless...otherwise we would still have had the squad that's been...inconsistent, at best, over the last few seasons! Individually, we must be able to do better!

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

He does seem to me like a competitive back up. Let’s just put it this way, if it was a choice between him and Brown, Brown would get the nod. 

Why release a guy of Brown’s standard for someone who is promising but a bit of a gamble?

You’d like to think the nailed on first choice would be a safe pair of hands who has done well in the FL. 

Brown will be 37 next year, is declining in ability and is now a third choice.

Let’s wait and see the Tunstall Taffarel before we write him off. 

There were calls for Visser to be given more games last year after his performances… his career is no better than Covolans.

7 hours ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'd hoped that, especially with a key player such as Brown being released, we had replacements lined up or at least identified. Seems prudent to do so. I'm wondering now that training's started if that's the case.

Brown was no longer a key player, and has gone on to be not a key player at his new club!

This keeper comes off his line and commands his area,this keeper can play sweeper,this keepers distribution is excellent more often than not oh and according also to fans who watched him is an excellent shot stopper and one who was playing for a team that finished 3rd in the division below...... now over the years i have loved Brown as we all have but he was going to be 37 next year was an excellent shot stopper but didn't really do any of the above last season and was probably on more than the new keeper will be on at a guess,now for me this looks a good bit of business and again imo there is no doubt he will be number one keeper

21 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Why is everyone so obsessed with these dossers that we released that dragged us into 4 relegation battles in 5 seasons?

Has anyone we released gone and signed for a 'better' club? Have any actually been signed? They've hardly got L2 clubs queuing up to sign them!

Never mind a ' better ' club has anyone signed for any club other than Montano. 

Struggling to think of one 

I'm not counting Brown as he's back up and coach 

23 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

The weight of enjoying negativity, an agenda against a club that sacked someone’s chummy, or years of being used to uselessness oft causes people to overload the negative side of said see saw.

I don't enjoy negativity, we were in what is now the championship when I started watching Vale. I would like us to be there now but circumstances, none of my making,  have dictated otherwise. I didn't have any personal friends who were sacked. I just find it sad that well meaning but misguided people have brought us down. Plus some charlatans. 

10 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I don't enjoy negativity, we were in what is now the championship when I started watching Vale. I would like us to be there now but circumstances, none of my making,  have dictated otherwise. I didn't have any personal friends who were sacked. I just find it sad that well meaning but misguided people have brought us down. Plus some charlatans. 

Ahhhhh well.

You can’t please everyone.

3 hours ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You are reading it as a major negative but I am just presenting facts about his career and suggesting that he is not an improvement on our previous goalkeeper which I thought was the point. So obviously he is only the back up keeper.

How do you know he is not an improvement on Brown...which is not as big an ask as a couple of seasons ago? Have you seen him play in a Vale shirt, yet? It's not at all obvious that he's back-up keeper!

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

Martin Dubravka, Newcastle keeper, who had saved a Spanish penalty 10 minutes earlier!!  If Covalan is better than Dubravka we'll sell him for millions!

Dubravka is the most underrated keeper in the Prem. I'm surprised teams like Everton / Arsenal / Wolves haven't been in for him?

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

He does seem to me like a competitive back up. Let’s just put it this way, if it was a choice between him and Brown, Brown would get the nod. 

Why release a guy of Brown’s standard for someone who is promising but a bit of a gamble?

You’d like to think the nailed on first choice would be a safe pair of hands who has done well in the FL. 

Brown will not be first choice at his new club, and, even if we'd kept hold of him, he would not be first choice here. has been on a downward slide for 2 seasons - most noticeably last season!

57 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Incredible fun :-

Very

Interesting

Research

Given

In

Necessity

Not

Ever

Really

Delivered