onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

23 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Johnson is 24 and was made captain at Hartlepool and is said to be a LCB/LB so is also versatile.....then again Adam Crookes was likewise versatile as a LCB/LB had come through a Championship academy read the game was decent on the ball and quick also settled at the club had league experience (although never given a run of games) and at 23 was a year younger so Johnson would have to be in the managers mind be a better prospect than Crookes.

Not to be picky here but i dont believe Johnson is Hartlepool captain,its featherstone and Donaldson i think

1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Is it nailed on that Covalan will be our first choice? We still need another keeper. 

I hope not. 26 games a season in two 44 game seasons for Torquay and 2 red cards and 1 yellow in 3 appearances for Whitehawk in 2016/17. Doesn't look like a replacement for Scott Brown. 

14 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I hope not. 26 games a season in two 44 game seasons for Torquay and 2 red cards and 1 yellow in 3 appearances for Whitehawk in 2016/17. Doesn't look like a replacement for Scott Brown. 

Players tend not to play when injured... something about insurance I think.

53 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

He has only played a league below us!

So inexperienced at this level? And prior to that even lower. Maybe he’s a player on the rise, the fact other sides in league 2 and league 1 were interested is great. Just saying he Dosent have the experience at league 2 level which is true 

6 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You're getting worse.

Btec Mole

Do you work for the Samaritans? For everybody's sake, I hope not

58 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

It makes me laugh that when a new signing gets positive comments from previous fans, some on here absolutely cream themselves about it - yet when a new player has bad comments its then a case of "what do their fans know....ignore them....remember Akpo Sodje" etc!

It not that hard to understand though is it surely...

Opposition fans tend to lean negative when a player leaves them...  So with that negative bias, positive feedback shines through as a leading indicator of good performance.

So when negative feedback is received we must consider whether

a) their fans are just being salty, or

b) Our manager sees a way of playing for someone that their previous club didn't. Lets be honest DC dragged 10 performances out of our team last year, had we been providing feedback on them as he arrived it would have been scathing.

Negative feedback doesn't guarantee bad performance.

The comeback here is neither does Positive feedback guarantee good performance but it does indicate that the player has it in them.

The only comments I have seen on our new signings have been balanced on that contextual see saw.

14 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

If anyone on here was to turn up with a major negative then i am certain it would only take people one guess..... wow

Out of interest are you happy with DC's recruitment thus far RZ?

3 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

If anyone on here was to turn up with a major negative then i am certain it would only take people one guess..... wow

Out of interest are you happy with DC's recruitment thus far RZ?

You are reading it as a major negative but I am just presenting facts about his career and suggesting that he is not an improvement on our previous goalkeeper which I thought was the point. So obviously he is only the back up keeper.

5 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

You are reading it as a major negative but I am just presenting facts about his career and suggesting that he is not an improvement on our previous goalkeeper which I thought was the point. So obviously he is only the back up keeper.

He is bigger than Brown.  The snippets above suggest he comes off his line more than Brown.  He is six years younger than Brown. 

O.K just making it up but....

Kinda be good to see a squad something like this.......first the reserves then the first team.

RESERVES;

...............................Covalan.............................

Clark..............Kelleher......Johnson........Jones

Amoo...............Garrity..........Taylor.........Hurst

..........................Tshimango......Swan..............

Drum roll please.......

FIRST TEAM;

..................................Vigouroux..........................

Gibbons............Smith...........Martin......Benning

Worrall..............Walker..........Conlon.........Bodin

...........................Rodney........Wilson...................

Not a bad a reserve team but what a first team however no way we're signing Benning and Bodin.

Anyway if the stage one signings are now done then Covalan is most probably first choice keeper and any other signings are said to be stage two squad players.

Archived