onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Although I agree there is no need for a meltdown due to lack of signings today, I do think the vale are missing a huge opportunity on communications…. It used to be so slick under Max with content, interaction and videos that kept the fans engaged.
Bradford today have released videos of Eisa highlights and are engaging with their fans… we had one video of one Brad Walker goal and that was it, nothing for the other signings.
There was one short interview with Garrity, and then that’s it, nothing from the other players.
Is this a missed opportunity? We are supposed to be whipping up the fan base, increasing engagement and it’s feels a little like we are going backwards.
We are trying to sell season tickets and build the excitement around the club. Carol deserves it.
I feel like we are missing a trick.

To be very clear, I’m not ranting about:
1. A lack of signings - they will come
2. The official Twitter feed not quite reading the room around closed season… when fans hear “its going to be a busy week” in a transfer window, their minds go to one place and one place only. It leads to disappointment when it means something else - the new guy will learn the ropes and I’m sure this will improve, but a lesson learnt maybe
3. Martin Tideswell dismissing people’s frustration at the lack of clear engagement by simple saying “Dunna Mither” - I’m sure it’s done with good intentions

Surprised you got an answer out of Tideswell. Usually it's just a straight block and move on from him. Alarm bells rang for me the moment he came on board to look after our media output.

Does seem weird to have gone from a signing a day for 5 days to none in a week, especially in the run up to a big money-maker like the kit.

Maybe just a bit more work needed on these signings. Players back on Thursday, is it? 15 players will be there but 3 are not wanted.

Not a meltdown. Fair enough questions imo. I have faith in what the club are doing but it's just felt like a strange week.

Communications/media obviously can't control signings so it's difficult for them, but agree we had elite level stuff under Max.

Although I agree there is no need for a meltdown due to lack of signings today, I do think the vale are missing a huge opportunity on communications…. It used to be so slick under Max with content, interaction and videos that kept the fans engaged.
Bradford today have released videos of Eisa highlights and are engaging with their fans… we had one video of one Brad Walker goal and that was it, nothing for the other signings.
There was one short interview with Garrity, and then that’s it, nothing from the other players.
Is this a missed opportunity? We are supposed to be whipping up the fan base, increasing engagement and it’s feels a little like we are going backwards.
We are trying to sell season tickets and build the excitement around the club. Carol deserves it.

2. The official Twitter feed not quite reading the room around closed season… when fans hear “its going to be a busy week” in a transfer window, their minds go to one place and one place only. It leads to disappointment when it means something else - the new guy will learn the ropes and I’m sure this will improve, but a lesson learnt maybe
3. Martin Tideswell dismissing people’s frustration at the lack of clear engagement by simple saying “Dunna Mither” - I’m sure it’s done with good intentions

Exactly this, the club is definitely missing a trick....

29 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Agree with all of that, even if there was nothing imminent could the club have maybe put forward DC or Flitcroft for a quick interview on the YouTube channel?

I think overall it's probably a reasonable enough position to not announce a signing today and have the kit launch as it's own standalone event in any case even if the lack of first team keeper modelling the new kit may seem a little strange. At least now they've said that won't be refreshing Twitter feed all day now.

So pre-season starts thursday and no multi signings with the new kit reveal....still there is monday/tuesday/wednesday......only 10 players short of a squad going into pre-season.*

Be interesting if the transfer listed take part in pre-season and just hang around or are told to go train with other clubs and actively look for a move.

*2 keepers/2 fullbacks/2 centrebacks/2 midfielders/2 strikers.

valiant steve 

Think you mean Hurst (23) who is a very quick left winger....so Amoo/Worrall/Hurst with Rodney/Wilson is a lot of genuine pace and indeed mucho serious pace in the final third......still need another winger no doubt being a winger another quick player and two strikers.....Tshimango (23) is certainly quick and say Swan (20) back on loan another fast forward....so the squad when complete could and should have 4 wingers and 4 strikers and all of them are very quick.

12 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

So pre-season starts thursday and no multi signings with the new kit reveal....still there is monday/tuesday/wednesday......only 10 players short of a squad going into pre-season.*

Be interesting if the transfer listed take part in pre-season and just hang around or are told to go train with other clubs and actively look for a move.

*2 keepers/2 fullbacks/2 centrebacks/2 midfielders/2 strikers.

DC can’t tell them to surely, he can ask but they have it sweet atm. They’ll be looking at Robinson from last season who wasn’t registered to play, despite being fit to go and he ended up as a constant piece under DC by the end.

i would be shocked if Robinson left, Burgess surely will be loaned out and Whitehead may find a place elsewhere. Imagine if it ended up Salford, Vale and the new team were all paying a part of the wages.

Archived