onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

I can see the merits of combining a signing or two with the kit reveal; get the fans buzzing on Friday evening and storming down the VP en masse to buy it for Fathers Day.

However, a bit of a hint wouldn't go amiss. You ideally want all of us sad bas***** grafted to our phones from lunch tomorrow, notifications on, heart pounding as we open Twitter to be reminded about the Sunday Lunch offers.

Then again, certain employees of the club were a bit ambigious/pre-emptive with the hints last year and it didn't go too well, so maybe safety first is the aim.

As far as I am aware, nobody has so much as even hinted that there'll be any new signings this week to coincide with the kit launch. Am pretty certain that we're not going to hang around making any new signings till then as the more you hang about, the more likely someone is to come in with a more attractive offer. Any signing completed before then; well, the news would leak out on Instablab, Faceblab, or Twitblab. I fear we might just have a few long faces tomorrow. 

4 hours ago, Walka003 said:

Has anyone heard anymore names or is that us done till trialists start popping up?

Some people were talking about this being another busy week. Can only assume we will have a few new signings modelling the new kit?

I certainly hope with our new professional approach we won't be having any trialists .

Surely we've identified people and aren't needing to go down that route 

14 minutes ago, Phil Smith said:

As far as I am aware, nobody has so much as even hinted that there'll be any new signings this week to coincide with the kit launch. Am pretty certain that we're not going to hang around making any new signings till then as the more you hang about, the more likely someone is to come in with a more attractive offer. Any signing completed before then; well, the news would leak out on Instablab, Faceblab, or Twitblab. I fear we might just have a few long faces tomorrow. 

A couple of the signings in recent weeks have said in their interview that the deal was done a couple of weeks before the reveal so they've kept a tight lid on the 5 so far. The only one that was rumoured was Wilson. I don't think anyone has said it would definitely happen tomorrow, more that it would make sense, especially as we don't have a keeper and there will be no keeper to model it which would be strange considering the lengths they've gone for this new kit launch.

13 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I certainly hope with our new professional approach we won't be having any trialists .

I do enjoy a game of "spot the trialist" though from the training pics! 😂😂

1 minute ago, valeparklife said:

I do enjoy a game of "spot the trialist" though from the training pics! 😂😂

Yes always a bit of fun that , but I really hope to goodness we don't stop at say 11 signings and then invite trialists to try and cobble the rest of the new players together. 

This is meant to be a new Port Vale. We've had our fill of our scattergun approach. 

3 hours ago, Joe B said:

......However, a bit of a hint wouldn't go amiss. You ideally want all of us sad bas***** grafted to our phones from lunch tomorrow....

What do you mean, tomorrow? I'm on this thread several times a day as it is. There must be a cure.

Pre-season training starts next week and still 10 players short of a full squad.

2 keepers 2 fullbacks 2 centrebacks 2 midfielders 2 strikers

We've got no goalies only four defenders under pension age no cover at defensive holding midfield and are a winger short and need  two strikers.

Thought the Director of Football/Manager/Assistant Manager and all the extensive backroom set up AKA "The Matrix" had data/science/contacts/targets and it wouldn't be the usual festival of trialists and chancers.Supposed to be a master plan and a structured "elite environment" and it looks like many signings will probably not get a full pre-season which in terms of technical coaching and fitness conditioning is not ideal.

6 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Pre-season training starts next week and still 10 players short of a full squad.

2 keepers 2 fullbacks 2 centrebacks 2 midfielders 2 strikers

We've got no goalies only four defenders under pension age no cover at defensive holding midfield and are a winger short and need  two strikers.

Thought the Director of Football/Manager/Assistant Manager and all the extensive backroom set up AKA "The Matrix" had data/science/contacts/targets and it wouldn't be the usual festival of trialists and chancers.Supposed to be a master plan and a structured "elite environment" and it looks like many signings will probably not get a full pre-season which in terms of technical coaching and fitness conditioning is not ideal.

My Mam had a saying - only fools and children see things half done.

40 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I don't think it is unprofessional to give people a trial. Surely if you are thinking of taking a punt on a player from much lower down the pyramid it is more professional to have them in on a trial having watched a couple of games than to make the decision purely on a couple of games and scouting reports.

You can identify someone and decide to take a better look in a trial. The problem is when you are depending on multiple trialists being good enough to complete your squad.

8 minutes ago, wotsyobeef said:

I don't think it is unprofessional to give people a trial. Surely if you are thinking of taking a punt on a player from much lower down the pyramid it is more professional to have them in on a trial having watched a couple of games than to make the decision purely on a couple of games and scouting reports.

You can identify someone and decide to take a better look in a trial. The problem is when you are depending on multiple trialists being good enough to complete your squad.

Your first paragraph is bob on. In the main though our trialists have been squad fillers who with the odd exception have been crap. 

But also the odd one like Eardley slipped our net. 

I don't think training with the squad can replicate a  ' real match ' scenario and you'd hope any targets have had due diligence and been watched umpteen times. 

The trialists I can never fathom is say a 32 year old with 350 league appearances to their name 

Archived