onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

14 hours ago, werstayinup said:

It cuts down the players linked with us thats for sure,i cant think of any now that were linked and still without a club??

As i said previous i cant see anymore CB's coming in now

These players haven’t officially been linked with us though have they . 

Advert

It's nowhere near  "is that us done till trialists start popping up....."

Expecting the transfer listed players to be out of the door and the squad size being set at 24 players then there are 14 signed so still 10 new signings and perhaps a couple more if U21.

Need two keepers

Only got 5 defenders and there is a question mark over Gibbons injury problems and certainly Legge can only be considered as back up and can only play in a back three with "water wings" as it where.....so we need at least two full backs and a couple of centre backs......need four defenders

Remembering the new manager moan about having only one holding defensive midfielder then cover for Walker is a "cannot not sign" and certainly another winger......need two midfielders.

Only got two strikers......need two strikers.

So 2 keepers 4 defenders 2 midfielders 2 strikers .....so 10 signings plus say an U21 striker on loan.

In many ways any U21 signing could be trialists but with all the talk and science going into the signings it seems targeted rather than some pre-season mass casting call audition.

It's nowhere near  "is that us done till trialists start popping up....."
Expecting the transfer listed players to be out of the door and the squad size being set at 24 players then there are 14 signed so still 10 new signings and perhaps a couple more if U21.
Need two keepers
Only got 5 defenders and there is a question mark over Gibbons injury problems and certainly Legge can only be considered as back up and can only play in a back three with "water wings" as it where.....so we need at least two full backs and a couple of centre backs......need four defenders
Remembering the new manager moan about having only one holding defensive midfielder then cover for Walker is a "cannot not sign" and certainly another winger......need two midfielders.
Only got two strikers......need two strikers.
So 2 keepers 4 defenders 2 midfielders 2 strikers .....so 10 signings plus say an U21 striker on loan.
In many ways any U21 signing could be trialists but with all the talk and science going into the signings it seems targeted rather than some pre-season mass casting call audition.

Very serious question... Where do you go all season? I've only ever seen you post during a transfer window.

4 minutes ago, rayzer said:

Why doesn't the club let us know if they do have players signed up but are waiting to show them in the new strips. I am sure it would help in "keeping the buzz going".

They are having to sign players for the shirt sizes available and the "Matrix" are waiting to confirm shirt sizes availabilty before the science can kick in......because we're worth it.

I can see the merits of combining a signing or two with the kit reveal; get the fans buzzing on Friday evening and storming down the VP en masse to buy it for Fathers Day.

However, a bit of a hint wouldn't go amiss. You ideally want all of us sad bas***** grafted to our phones from lunch tomorrow, notifications on, heart pounding as we open Twitter to be reminded about the Sunday Lunch offers.

Then again, certain employees of the club were a bit ambigious/pre-emptive with the hints last year and it didn't go too well, so maybe safety first is the aim.

Guest Vale at home
6 hours ago, The man in the pub said:

Is the knack spotting a player who will become that 20 goal a season striker. I believe Rodney can be that player with the right coaching. Whereas fans are clammering for more signings I think one thing all fans can agree on is we already have enough coaches.

Yes .I agree . 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I can see the merits of combining a signing or two with the kit reveal; get the fans buzzing on Friday evening and storming down the VP en masse to buy it for Fathers Day.

However, a bit of a hint wouldn't go amiss. You ideally want all of us sad bas***** grafted to our phones from lunch tomorrow, notifications on, heart pounding as we open Twitter to be reminded about the Sunday Lunch offers.

Then again, certain employees of the club were a bit ambigious/pre-emptive with the hints last year and it didn't go too well, so maybe safety first is the aim.

I will take anything over the old "Sweetie Jar" analogy, the most awkward feeling....

I understand why they are leaving it all until tomorrow. Announce the new strip with x amount of signings, excitement is at fever pitch, get down to the shop over the weekend, anyone on the fence about buying a season ticket will be swept up by the excitement.

As frustrating as it is that we haven't had anything this week, it's only ramping up the anticipation. I'd rather one big announcement than multiple over this week personally. I might be in the minority though...

EDIT: Joe B only saw your post after I had posted mine, pretty much said the same thing.

22 minutes ago, mattpvfc said:
1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Get a life seriously

image.png.3f118701d4b20c9c8a6821c546908c2a.png

Appreciate the honesty in your bio on here.

Archived