onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Hence the old saying: "strikers win matches, defenders win championships" 😉😊

Salford had the best defence by 5 goals last season and didn't even make the playoffs. You need a combination of both. 

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:
1 hour ago, AlienTitWrench said:
Why is everyone obsessed with 'Walsall' all of a sudden?

We have not signed anybody since Friday, are we approaching multi-signing days? 11 players in the new kit on Friday?

Buy One Get One Free ?

4 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

I’m sure Rudgie used to talk about aiming for 20 clean sheets or more and it is noteworthy that the winners of the PL, Championship, L1 and L2 last year all had either the best goals against in their leagues or were in the top 3 sides in the division. In L2 two of the three highest scoring sides didn’t even make the playoffs (and Oldham managed to finish 18th!)

For me, that makes the recruitment of a quality centre half and keeper more pressing than up front (particularly with Rodders and Wilson already there and the potential of goals from Conlon, Worrall, Taylor etc).

being 

Spot on for years our defence has being the weakest link I mean most of the time Joyce had to do the work of two players to protect them he couldn't all the time but agree a strong leader (younger version of Legge is required to play along side  him )and a goalkeeper who commands everyone in front of him making sure no free shots are allowed in at him and he dominates that box and the only way he is beaten is because of a worldie .

A good striker is no use if the supply is no good I mean at times the forward players at Vale get little to no service and just hopeful punts from the defence to try make something out of so they need to Vale that is get someone in at the back who can play as well as defend as Glover could and so could Mcccombe in our better achieving sides of the past .

OMG I'm having withdrawal symptoms not having a signing announcement this week after getting addicted to a signing a day last week.

Symptoms include checkin this forum every half hour to look for updates, twitter,BBC and google alerts.

PLEASE HELP!!!

38 minutes ago, MBE said:

OMG I'm having withdrawal symptoms not having a signing announcement this week after getting addicted to a signing a day last week.

Symptoms include checkin this forum every half hour to look for updates, twitter,BBC and google alerts.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Lol I thought it was just me that does this!

2 hours ago, Fosse69 said:
2 hours ago, AlienTitWrench said:
Why is everyone obsessed with 'Walsall' all of a sudden?

We have not signed anybody since Friday, are we approaching multi-signing days? 11 players in the new kit on Friday?

by the sound of it, they wont have 11 kits available-😇:drink:

1 hour ago, MBE said:

PLEASE HELP!!!

If my phone had an F5 button it'd be knackered 

Still a lot of signings to get sorted......squad of 24 and even a basic 22 with 2 players for each position.....assuming 3/5/2;

We need two keepers....two full backs.....three centre backs.....another midfielder and two strikers so we need at least 10 signings and 12 for a full 24 man squad.

Vigouroux/Sweeney/Kellener/Johnson/Tshimango and perhaps Clark and Swan back on loan.

We need to get at least four or five players in this week and the four or five next week to have most of the squad signed up for pre-season.

43 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I think they are going to announce a number of signings to coincide with the kit launch later this week.

Hopefully a GK to model the keeper kit, unless Speedy fancies gegging in on the Photoshoot

Archived