onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

4 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

That's my point.  You don't need a 20 goal a season man if you get goals all round the team.

I think Clarke did say that we weren’t going to go out and sign a nailed on 20 goal a season man.  Whether he meant it or not will obviously depend on cost and availability.

If someone can hit 20 plus and we have a decent goal tally spread across the squad we’re more likely to be near the top than the bottom that’s for sure.

49 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Manny Monthe to Walsall, poor souls.

Very peculiar player. I remember going to FGR away i think the first season they were up.

He was simply appalling, had the dexterity of a new born foal. No idea how he became a professional footballer, yet has gone on to have a good lower league career. Shows how foolish we can be judging on one game, Zak Jules possibly a case in point. 

I think we already have a 20+ goal season player but we definitely need another another ST who can score 10+ and another LW who can score 10+ to have enough goals to challenge at the top end of the table.

I mentioned marquee signing earlier in the thread for a GK & ST. A ST doesn't necessarily need a "proven" 20 goal a season man- more a statement of intent signing. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Manny Monthe to Walsall, poor souls.

Another good signing for Walsall, looking on the Tranmere forum, most wanted him to stay, happy with our signings so far but think Walsall have done some good business and be up there.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

Serious question,who have they signed as i have no idea?

Nathaniel KP didn’t want to go up to be whooped every week with Morecombe, 

Merrie from Wigan, who I suppose is a watered down version on Walker.

10 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

In my opinion, Walsall's transfer business has been better than ours.

So far...

Nah, lost their only good defender and they are were <ovf censored> with him. I’d take Walker over Labadie. Holding your own in L1 is better than hovering around L2 in a really poor season. Wilkinson or Wilson, not giving up the upside of Wilson. And that’s only some of our signings, like Martin I’d take over Scarr and they haven’t even got him now. See you on the pitch, minnows.

oh and the manager is a joke signing, forgot that.

Labadie is 30 and has averaged 24 games a season (just over half) for Newport in his 5 years there. If we'd signed him, the injury-prone tag would have been all over this site. 

Wilkinson had a good season but you'd hardly deem him prolific; he looks interesting whenever he plays due to his weird physical profile for his role. He needs to dramatically improve his goals return + consistency if he's going to be their main forward. He's more of a secondary forward/winger to help the main man.

Monthe has always looked dodgy whenever I've seen him, including in the playoffs this year, but will defer to the Rovers fans on this one. Just my take when I've seen him.

It's steady business but I'm not blown away, to be honest. They're all decent-good League 2 contributors but I personally wouldn't go much further.

The deciding factor for them will be whether Taylor is any good as a manager; it's a coin flip with rookies at this level. It could be a Duff (as in Michael), and be inspirational, or it could be a Dunn, and be bad. You're gambling with no existing evidence bar he used to play at a good level. 

I personally prefer Wilson, Walker, and Martin to those signings, whilst accepting they're probably more reliable buys than Jones or Garrity. 

Archived