onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

22 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

Not all that unusual in the 4th tier of football, more unusual in the Prem where skill is more sought after than physical strength. Our priority is to beat the teams we are up against at present, with the right balance of skill and physique.

Your spot on. Much more of an outlier approach in the prem. 

Every now and then you get a good footballing team in league 2, but most years its physicality, organisation and consistency that get promotion. Hopefully get to see some good stuff next season too. 

Advert

Based on absolutely nothing except what I've read on forum's, I'm going to predict Ben Garrity is going to become the standout signing of the new players. Sounds like a 100 percenter with a great engine, the type of player who fans warm to. The new Andy Porter!! Legend in the making!! Of course if he turns out to be the new Ryan Lloyd, I shall be deleting this post and keeping my head down...I'm ignoring the negativity from Oldham fans, this lads going to be mustard in vale colours.

Vale fans love midfield grafters.

Griff had a worst first touch than my dog and played about three forward passes in his career, yet is still a cult player for many.

If he lacks technically he can still be very useful with energy, sacrifice, and aggression.

Griff had a worst first touch than my dog and played about three forward passes in his career, yet is still a cult player for many.
If he lacks technically he can still be very useful with energy, sacrifice, and aggression.
That is what is needed in League two.

Would be a real show of intent to sign Vigouroux today but with past history probably not on the list but perhaps Ward and King as a double signing showing that neither is second choice has a certain psychology and "matrix" about it to use the code.

Still need two full backs and two centre backs.....Clark/Sweeney/Kelleher/Johnson where each and all would push Gibbons/Smith/Martin/Jones for a start.

Midfield with Walker/Conlon/Taylor/Garrity and Worral/Amoo/Hurst wide so needing another winger.

Also need two more strikers.

So we need two keepers plus two fullbacks and two centrebacks also another winger and a couple of strikers. 

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

I also remember when Robbie Earle first came the ball bounced off his shins and his lack of control sometimes but look how he developed and the job he did for the vale lets hope we get some like him in the future.

34 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Would be a real show of intent to sign Vigouroux today but with past history probably not on the list but perhaps Ward and King as a double signing showing that neither is second choice has a certain psychology and "matrix" about it to use the code.

Still need two full backs and two centre backs.....Clark/Sweeney/Kelleher/Johnson where each and all would push Gibbons/Smith/Martin/Jones for a start.

Midfield with Walker/Conlon/Taylor/Garrity and Worral/Amoo/Hurst wide so needing another winger.

Also need two more strikers.

So we need two keepers plus two fullbacks and two centrebacks also another winger and a couple of strikers. 

Having 2 first choice keepers on first choice money may mean that we are down cash elsewhere to bring in the players we want.

I reckon we will go for one clear first choice keeper, one young lad we can develop and then go to the loans system  if young’un isn’t ready if first teamer gets injured. 

Considering strikers would it be best to go for one real quality striker to compete with Rodney and Wilson and have the fourth striker be an academy youngster or non-league chancer.....or even a non-league chancer and an under 21 academy loan as an extra to the 24 man squad.

Also need a good left winger although Hurst is an going to have a great season and like others feel that Garrity is going to be a fans favourite even if not an automatic first choice central midfielder....he's the fifth Beatle you know.

4 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Considering strikers would it be best to go for one real quality striker to compete with Rodney and Wilson and have the fourth striker be an academy youngster or non-league chancer.....or even a non-league chancer and an under 21 academy loan as an extra to the 24 man squad.

Also need a good left winger although Hurst is an going to have a great season and like others feel that Garrity is going to be a fans favourite even if not an automatic first choice central midfielder....he's the fifth Beatle you know.

I think the answer to that will very much depend on shifting on Theos (rumoured) considerable wages. 

19 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

I think the answer to that will very much depend on shifting on Theos (rumoured) considerable wages. 

To be honest (and possibly controversial), whilst I think it would be better for all concerned if another L2 club came along and picked up his wages, I'm actually not that fussed if Theo ends up staying as back up.

However he may have performed individually, our record with Theo in the team last season was much better than without him. I know, correlation isn't the same as causality, I'm not for one minute suggesting that the better results were because of Theo, but at the very least his presence didn't prevent us winning games, and with him out of the squad/deregistered we did far worse (i.e. he clearly wasn't the main problem, as he only started one game between the end of October and start of March). 

If we sign a non-league/academy chancer or two up front for the time being, then it's them plus Theo/new striker as back-up to Rodney and Wilson, which will do me, especially if we sign one more winger and an attacking midfielder capable of chipping in with a few goals each (adding to Conlon's 10, a few from Woz, contributions from Taylor and Garrity, and the odd thunderbastard from Walker).  

Thought DC was very clear that the transfer listed three are not in the clubs plan and need to find new clubs asap almost as if they will not on any scenario be registered or training even with the youth team the message was clear go now.....so it is not so much the club shifting the players as them shifting themselves.

50 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

I think we may need a couple of strikers to cover for Wilson's potential injuries.  Tshimanga from Boreham Wood would be a great signing(he was linked a few weeks back amongst with other clubs) if he could be persuaded up north and would cost a fee assuming B/Wood have offered him a new deal. 23 and scored 40 goals last 2 seasons in the National league.

Archived