onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Jones can play left back and left centre back in a three for 3/5/2 but the long throw is certainly a good weapon to have in the armoury.......if the Hannant rumour is true then both Hannant and Hurst can play left wing back in a 3/5/2......if the other left back signing is Benning that hints at 4/4/2 but if it is Johnson who like Jones can play left back and left centre back then that smacks of a continuation of the 3/5/2 system.

So far the back four of Gibbons/Smith/Martin/Jones still needs a couple of centre backs and full back cover Clark/Sweeney/Kelleher/Johnson would be good signings.

Advert

Another day, another solid signing, another piece in the puzzle.

I'd really like to see a right-footed version of Jones come in now, to provide cover/competition for Gibbo if playing 4 at the back, and cover/competition for Smith on the right of a back 3. Other than that, we need a left-footed centre-back (Johnson), and an attacking LB, and for me that's the defence sorted, with all options covered - 

Back 4 - Gibbo/New R(C)B      Smith/Martin        Martin/Johnson        Jones/New L(W)B

Back 3/5 - Gibbo      Smith/New R(C)B    Martin/Legge    Johnson/Jones     New L(W)B

We'd even have emergency cover in all positions - at full-back from Smith and Johnson, at wing-back from Hurst, Worrall (and potentially whoever else we sign on the wing) and at CB in a back 4 from Legge.

Winning.

Here's a bit for all the fans of 'win the league in the most irritating and vile way possible to rattle all the other fans' (of which I am fully signed up for)

A few fans of other clubs saying Jones' throw is terrifying and better than Tozer's (whose throw was infamous for its role in Cheltenham's title win)

Add on the fact that all 5 of our signings are 6 foot+ and I can already picture the fans of some tinpot outfit wallowing in 17th in pure tears as we abscond with an ill-deserved 1-0 away win. Jones hurtling WMDs into the mix as 11 lean mean behemoths flatten the opposition for Wilson to tuck home for his 27th of the season. The opposition's intricate 343 with Raumdeuters and Mezzalas left in turmoil by the Matrix's 442. 5 yellow cards and Mad Dazzler fuming on the radio afterwards. You Whites.

3 hours ago, Doha said:
Matrix strikes again, 6" tall and another 2 year deal 

"Caucasian male, 6-foot tall or maybe slightly taller, probably mid-20s, athletic professional footballer's build, short hair, about a week's beard growth, plain round-necked t-shirt."

"Thank you for that Mr Flitcroft, we know of quite a few people fitting that description."

"Excellent. Give me all of them."

"All of them Mr Flitcroft?"

"ALL. OF. THEM. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Good times ahead

"Caucasian male, 6-foot tall or maybe slightly taller, probably mid-20s, athletic professional footballer's build, short hair, about a week's beard growth, plain round-necked t-shirt."
"Thank you for that Mr Flitcroft, we know of quite a few people fitting that description."
"Excellent. Give me all of them."
"All of them Mr Flitcroft?"
"ALL. OF. THEM. BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

While the signings are fast and furious it would be good to get the three transfer listed players offloaded asap.....if Legge didn't have that contract extension clause at age 36 this season would Legge be retained and apart from a fringe squad player and emergency cover cannot see Legge playing many games.

Another point is while Rodney and Wilson must be first choice and Nevitt might be worth a gamble if still only 21 but if Nevitt is 25 not so much so the other talked about possible signings upfront have been Gordon with some seeming certainty amongst some and Oates......leaves a certain feeling of could do better and while there has been much talk of defenders and midfielders and the need for a couple of good keepers is there any rumours or possible targets amongst released out of contract league strikers or academy prospects or even non-league hotshots. 

3 hours ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Is this the first time we've had 2 players with the same name who play/played in the same position?😁

Bob Pursell were uncle and nephew.

We have had multiples of: Fred Jones, Dan Jones, George Lawton, Jimmy McLean, Jack smith, James Smith, John Smith, Harry Davies and Ben Davies.

Better than Fitzpatrick and Crooks? A big yes. More reliable than Monty? Another big yes. That'll do for me. Another good signing for a team that's already looking strong and powerful weeks and weeks before a ball will be kicked, and with more to follow.

GK:

RB: Gibbons

CB: Martin

CB: Smith

LB: Jones

RW: Worrall

CM: Walker

CM: Conlon

LW: Amoo (for now)

CF: Wilson

CF: Rodney

Really no idea about Jones.Can't say I remember him playing against us for Harrogate but I trust the transfer process we are going through.

I expect another signing now tomorrow which I reckon will be either the no.1 GK or ST.I'm hoping for a statement ST. Someone with a physical presence to be a focal point as Rodders and Wilson will not give us that.We need something different for plan b/ & c/.

I'm praying rumours about Hannant are untrue... works hard but his control is crap and can't pass water unless he has mircacurously improved.

I think its unlikely we play 3 CB's as a preferred system. I predict we go back to 4 and then we go from there.DC has to find a system which gets Wozza higher up the pitch. Stats wise and using your eyes, he's one of if not the best creative wide player in this league.

Archived