onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

8 hours ago, butt lane vale fan said:

There is actually a weird stat over that Pre season. Didn't we play both United and Sheff Wed in Friendlies as well as Walsall on Boxing Day. Then end up getting relegated.
Fast Forward to the Season of our last relegation, we also beat Man U at home in a Friendly, played Sheff Wed in a friendly and also played and lost to Walsall on Boxing day.

That's an amazing stat @butt lane vale fan The statto on me went onto the Port Vale seasons part of Wikipedia to check it out. 

I almost got a better one but it didn't quite work...

Almost every season we get relegated we lose the first game after Christmas Day (not all of them are Boxing Day but most are). It has happened nine out of ten times. The exception is the 1935-6 season when we beat Hull City and still went down. 

On the flipside, on two of the nine promotion seasons we have won 8-0 on Boxing Day.

So - ignore all these transfers ins and out. Just ask me on Boxing Day evening if we're going up this season. If we're fresh from an 8-0 thrashing of Walsall, I'll say "yes" but if we've just lost 1-0 to Scunthorpe then the answers "No"... 😉

Advert

6 minutes ago, Santa said:

Was it Boxing Day when we beat Sheffield United in 1983? Didn’t that put us on six points or something?

@Santa Sheff Utd was the match after - on Boxing Day itself we lost to Preston 4-0 - the club's fifteenth game without a win...

2 hours ago, Doha said:

There you go. I can see Accrington being true with the Coleman factor. 

Looks a classic burly #9 CF.

The agents wikipedia page makes interesting reading by the way!

I thought I recognised the name (and not just the Stretford End at Old Trafford)

38 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Hope he’s better than most of the non league chances we seem to end up with. 

looks good at taking goals on the ground, doesnt seem to be a great header of the ball and will need some pace training-but all in all , worth a gamble i would think.😉:board::drink:

16 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ryan Burge is a member of a private Crewe fans group on Facebook which is yet another avenue for his obsessive pasttime - attacking Vale.

This is 8 years after being moved on by Adams, and 8 years after other players like Pope and Shuker were openly calling him a crackpot on Twitter for his weird, weird behaviour.

The lad needs to see a psychiatrist. His obsession over the slight of being let go by a manager who disliked him (a player who's only managed 54 EFL appearances in 11 years by the way) is seriously unhealthy. This isn't normal.

Get help Ryan.

Untitled.png.571941f3a85fd55d8139db300f0e43f2.png

why waste time on this idiot??????????????:drink:

3 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Just odd. Needs to seek help 

why waist time talkaing

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Ryan Burge is a member of a private Crewe fans group on Facebook which is yet another avenue for his obsessive pasttime - attacking Vale.

This is 8 years after being moved on by Adams, and 8 years after other players like Pope and Shuker were openly calling him a crackpot on Twitter for his weird, weird behaviour.

The lad needs to see a psychiatrist. His obsession over the slight of being let go by a manager who disliked him (a player who's only managed 54 EFL appearances in 11 years by the way) is seriously unhealthy. This isn't normal.

Get help Ryan.

I thought it was Wildes who stuck his oar in and drove Burge away, Micky seemed to be able to get the best out of him.

18 minutes ago, Doha said:

Get help Ryan.

He does need help.

Also needs to be careful, silly sausage.

Archived