onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

I can't really remember who it was against, Northampton perhaps, but I remember Tudor coming on either at half-time or at the beginning of the second half and completely ripping them to shreds. Granted those moments were few and far between. But I do remember him being well liked by Leyton Orient fans and feeling pretty pleased with his signing at the time. I think he had tons of pace and could beat a man but didn't have a lot of end product.

Advert

25 minutes ago, Beech said:

But I do remember him being well liked by Leyton Orient fans and feeling pretty pleased with his signing at the time.

The Cambridge fans I know where not very complimentary about him as a player or person.Defo wouldn't fit in our current transfer matrix.

First choice goalkeeper signing will be a biggie, no one with histrionics, no fancy Dan, no ball playing goalkeeper at this level and no butter fingers just someone dependable, solid, athletic and preferably 6' 2"+,  good hands, feet and positioning, can dominate the box and is loud.

Goals are hard to score but easy to concede at times.

2 hours ago, aspin for england said:

Didn’t we beat them 3-2 think they had shawcross and Rossi ? in their team .

That United team had Rob Robert Zieler in goal who won 8 caps for Germany, Shawcross, Kieran Lee, Rossi and Fraiser Campbell in it.  Also coming off the bench they had Oli Norwood, Danny Drinkwater, Corry Evans, James Chester and Craig Cathcart, a fair amount of premier league games from those.

That United team had Rob Robert Zieler in goal who won 8 caps for Germany, Shawcross, Kieran Lee, Rossi and Fraiser Campbell in it.  Also coming off the bench they had Oli Norwood, Danny Drinkwater, Corry Evans, James Chester and Craig Cathcart, a fair amount of premier league games from those.
There is actually a weird stat over that Pre season. Didn't we play both United and Sheff Wed in Friendlies as well as Walsall on Boxing Day. Then end up getting relegated.
Fast Forward to the Season of our last relegation, we also beat Man U at home in a Friendly, played Sheff Wed in a friendly and also played and lost to Walsall on Boxing day.

Pete O’Rourke used to work for sky sports news. He is pretty much always spot on when reporting Vale rumours. 

Since I’d be amazed if he had an agent at that level, I wonder if this one where it’s been leaked by the player themselves to drum up competition/negotiations? 

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

Pete O’Rourke used to work for sky sports news. He is pretty much always spot on when reporting Vale rumours. 

Since I’d be amazed if he had an agent at that level, I wonder if this one where it’s been leaked by the player themselves to drum up competition/negotiations? 

Warrington Rylands are owned by a football agent. (Paul Stretford)

35 minutes ago, cactuselves said:

Warrington Rylands are owned by a football agent. (Paul Stretford)

There you go. I can see Accrington being true with the Coleman factor. 

Looks a classic burly #9 CF.

The agents wikipedia page makes interesting reading by the way!

Accrington will be all over this. Charles and Bishop are getting lots of attention, and they'll need to secure their next gem in good time. Probably get more chances at Accrington if they go than he will here.

12 hours ago, stupers said:

Didn't Tudor retire from professional football at Vale? I seem to remember he did, or shortly after at an early age.

Yes he did. He retired in 2008.

I also remember his spell for some ill thought out comments on Macclesfield - https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/port-vale-chairman-apologises-for-shane-234810

I always find it particularly ironic when someone starts a phrase with "No disrepect" and then goes on to disrespect them. 

Archived