onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Another quality looking signing and upgrade (on paper) than our released players.

Excitement really building now a great week so far.... 

Its like we are a professional club and its bloody brilliant. Well done DF and his team.

15 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Get thee sen on there Doha and rattle their cage a bit more 🙂 

I'd be waging guerilla warfare right this very second but registration has been disabled on there for months. 

In all honesty I'm just impressed that the internet has reached Walsall. They've only just had running water rolled out. Astonishing progress. 

20 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

We have a team that know what they’re doing unlike the previous clowns. Targets identified really early on and signed early on also. Breath of fresh air that as you say, we’re actually signing our targets instead of having to sign 3rd / 4th choice 

Things like showing potential new signings a presentation of where we want to go as a club will help. Also being the EFL community club of the year. For the first time in my life supporting Vale we feel like an attractive proposition for players. The ability to keep key players shows this too as in the past, the Conlon's and Worrall's would jump ship given half a chance.

Exeter fans are saying that Martin works best in a back 3.

Ryan Johnson, who we are heavily linked with, is also a CB who plays in a 3.

DC said that he doesnt necessarily want to [lay 3 at the back... and he has a history of hinting at one thing and then doing another.

Does this point to 352 being our starting point ith variations on top of that next year?

Martin will be our new McCombe. He's on the wrong side of 30 but I suppose if he was at his peak he wouldn't be signing for us. He's an excellent defender at this level and is another very good signing.

Martin, Smith, Conlon, Walker and Wilson has to be one of the best spines in League Two, surely? Then there's also Worrall, Rodney and Gibbons who are all good players. A good keeper and a left-back who knows what he's doing and things will look quite marvellous.

58 minutes ago, Burslem Academicals said:

Key signing......Smith and Martin centre back partnership.....Walker and Conlon centre midfield and Rodney and James upfront is a quality spine perhaps with Vigouroux in goals.

Vigouroux

Gibbons/Smith/Martin/Clark

Worrall/Walker/Conlon/Hannant

Rodney/James

That is a good side (although Vigouroux isnt even a rumour) ... Its going to be interesting to see what the remainder of the signings are. Will they be the squad players that are added after the key signings are initially secured? Probably, but by getting the deals sorted early we are getting far better players rather than scouring around for whats left over as we have done for many years.

Interesting too that the new signings are on 2 year deals... IF we did go up it means we retain decent talent for a L1 campaign, and if we dont we can have another stab in 2022/23. 

I'm so excited for next season, lets hope Vale park can open up for us to get behind them.

1 hour ago, robf said:

Nice, in-depth interview with him when he joined Hamilton here. A bit about him helping and talking the younger players through the game:

Incredible highlight of him kicking the ball out of play lol.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

Chance would be a fine thing only on the season where it ended early did we look like we were going do anything with a team what has N Smith in all the other years wehave being nearer the bottom than the top .

Let's hope Darrell Clark can get a new tune out of all the players ,Smith did improve when we went to 3 at the back when there was the 2 we were horrendous and I'd put that down to Brisley and Legges excellence which allowed Smith to shine because let's face it some of the goals what we conceded with him in Brisleys position were a joke and yet everyone points the finger at anyone but Smith (oh it was Mills ,oh it was Fitzpatrick,oh it was Legge i can tell you it was Smith more than any of the 3 mentioned in my opinion ).

Let's hope the love in on this site he as ,is verified I hope he delivers a more consistent level of performance I'm hoping the rest of the team can make up for his shortcomings .

All the signings seems potentially very good however I'm.potentially the best worker at Asda (I am not ).

Potential can be fulfilled especially if fit enough which  Clark will have them .

Bring on the new season and a rocking Vale park in memory of all the supporters who have lost there lives every one of them should be remembered each game by what the players do let's hope that's the case .

UTV 

Oh dear,you still can't let it go about Smith.Certain" legends "at Vale think Smith is a very good player.That is enough for me to support the lad,through thick and thin. 

32 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Exeter fans are saying that Martin works best in a back 3.

Ryan Johnson, who we are heavily linked with, is also a CB who plays in a 3.

DC said that he doesnt necessarily want to [lay 3 at the back... and he has a history of hinting at one thing and then doing another.

Does this point to 352 being our starting point ith variations on top of that next year?

I reckon so, Legge staying also hinted that 3 at the back would at least be an option, since last year he was struggling in a back 4, but looked good when we switched to the back 3. If DC was wedded to 4 at the back, I thought Legge may have been transfer-listed too.

I reckon that means we're two defenders and a keeper short of our First XI (which I shall fill in with the benefit of scurrilous rumours/wishlist!)

Vig

Smith           Martin        Johnson/Jones

Gibbo                             Walker                                Benning

Worrall                                   Conlon

Wilson          Dave

With Legge, Taylor, Garrity and Amoo already providing depth and options from the bench, and AC/DC calling the shots, that's not half bad that, especially since we're only in early June! Very happy with our business so far.

Archived