Advert

8 minutes ago, robf said:

Four signings, four six footers...

• Walker 6.1
  • Garrity 6.0
  • Wilson 6.0
  • Martin 6.3

👍

Good. Time for us to spoil some games and wind other fans up. Sick of us getting done over by more cynical teams.

<ovf censored> this league and never look back imo.

10 minutes ago, Doha said:

Untitled.thumb.png.ecf381aff681bee3f3251de805f525fb.png

Un4titled.thumb.png.9b0f38289483677c3e03cd16d208949b.png

Feels weird having clubs envious of our signings. 

It also feels new and very exciting. In the last 20 years it's rarely felt like the club have had a clear plan with such an aggressive approach, its always felt like a "he'll do" and we're only 4 signings deep.

I hope the confidence and balance in these signings has a strong knock on effect to season ticket sales too.

39 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

2 year deal again and seems to have been recommended by Andy Crosby

No...as a teenager he played on loan at Salisbury when DC was manager. Obviously made a good impression back then but seems to have developed in his later years. Exeter fans are gutted.

What is happening - not even mid June and we have signed 4 players and tied done a top coach.

Not like recent years where we 'just missed out' and were scrapping mid to end July for what was left.

I was concerned about the role of DoF but with DF/DC we seem to actually have a plan this close season and the forming of a squad capable of doing well.

Just goes to show with the right owners and the right management team we do have a chance to better ourselves in this league and hopefully the next.

Just now, sheffieldclayhead said:

What is happening - not even mid June and we have signed 4 players and tied done a top coach.

Not like recent years where we 'just missed out' and were scrapping mid to end July for what was left.

I was concerned about the role of DoF but with DF/DC we seem to actually have a plan this close season and the forming of a squad capable of doing well.

Just goes to show with the right owners and the right management team we do have a chance to better ourselves in this league and hopefully the next.

We have a team that know what they’re doing unlike the previous clowns. Targets identified really early on and signed early on also. Breath of fresh air that as you say, we’re actually signing our targets instead of having to sign 3rd / 4th choice 

On 08/06/2021 at 08:29, Doha said:

:laugh: Still blaming Nathan Smith as an individual for the club not being promoted yet? Mad you. 

Chance would be a fine thing only on the season where it ended early did we look like we were going do anything with a team what has N Smith in all the other years wehave being nearer the bottom than the top .

Let's hope Darrell Clark can get a new tune out of all the players ,Smith did improve when we went to 3 at the back when there was the 2 we were horrendous and I'd put that down to Brisley and Legges excellence which allowed Smith to shine because let's face it some of the goals what we conceded with him in Brisleys position were a joke and yet everyone points the finger at anyone but Smith (oh it was Mills ,oh it was Fitzpatrick,oh it was Legge i can tell you it was Smith more than any of the 3 mentioned in my opinion ).

Let's hope the love in on this site he as ,is verified I hope he delivers a more consistent level of performance I'm hoping the rest of the team can make up for his shortcomings .

All the signings seems potentially very good however I'm.potentially the best worker at Asda (I am not ).

Potential can be fulfilled especially if fit enough which  Clark will have them .

Bring on the new season and a rocking Vale park in memory of all the supporters who have lost there lives every one of them should be remembered each game by what the players do let's hope that's the case .

UTV 

6 hours ago, Doha said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Love how absolutely rattled Smallsall fans and the Partridge-like Chairman are over DC. He's got them on strings. 

Rent free.

p9doAGQ.png

Get thee sen on there Doha and rattle their cage a bit more 🙂 

19 minutes ago, jeffers said:

No...as a teenager he played on loan at Salisbury when DC was manager. Obviously made a good impression back then but seems to have developed in his later years. Exeter fans are gutted.

The Vale press release says he also worked with Crosby - 

"He's a model professional having worked with Andy (Crosby) before at Southampton and no doubt his experience will bring on our less experienced players"

https://www.port-vale.co.uk/news/2021/june/aaron-martin-to-join-the-valiants/

Archived