onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 minutes ago, Rocky said:

Aaron Martin has signed.

This is a fantastic signing of a player with excellent pedigree, leadership qualities on the pitch, good distribution from the back as well as all the hard, unattractive bits of defending. 

That is so, so promising.

Well done the Matrix 🙂

Bloody hell it's all happening!

Surprised that Scott Brown has gone to Exeter to be a coach but seems to justify DC's decision to let him go and look for a new #1

Crosby has left Northern Ireland, which can only be good news for us

Aaron Martin has signed on a two-year deal. Well I said some pages back to expect an experienced signing to help balance out the young squad being put together. I was shot down in flames as people pointed at Amoo, Worrall and Legge as our experienced heads. Well I'm not going to claim to be psychic as it seemed an obvious thing to do from my viewpoint, bring in an experienced League Two player.

In conclusion: good (pleased for Brown to get somewhere sorted), great and even better news! Keep it coming!

4 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Aaron Martin has signed on a two-year deal. Well I said some pages back to expect an experienced signing to help balance out the young squad being put together. I was shot down in flames as people pointed at Amoo, Worrall and Legge as our experienced heads. Well I'm not going to claim to be psychic as it seemed an obvious thing to do from my viewpoint, bring in an experienced League Two player.

I'd agree with that @Wrex I've always liked an experienced and vocal central defender. In previous seasons that would have been Legge but at his age I see him more as a potential late sub to shore us up when we've (hopefully) got a lead rather than a regular starter. It looks like Martin is going to be a regular starter and offers that experience at the back the team needs. 

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Expect another signing this week. Not sure why we waited to announce players but they’ve been done for some time 

Keeps the interest and excitement going for a couple of weeks, rather than just announcing them all at once. 

Archived