Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

Crosby has been with us 13 league games

won 8 = 62% ratio

2 of the 3 losses were by 1 goal, once to a rampant Bolton side

When are people going to learn, very few managers are going to do anything / say anything to annoy an old club. The fact is hiring Crosby in the short term has brought great success and hopefully that will continue.

Darrell will probably only remember Walsall when they are close in the fixture list and apart from then they are completely in the past.

Personally I fancy our prospects / squad / set up / financial state / fan base / ground / position come the end of the 21/22 season much more favourably than there's, but like I say who cares about them.

It's that sort of denial some fans go through when someone they rate leaves isn't it? The same way when one of our top target turns us down for another club, he's suddenly always been overrated.

There's a bit of revisionist history there - Rory Holden the "only" decent signing, - as just one example, what about developing Adebayo and selling him on?

I'm sure that to some, Clarke come across as arrogant and he's always going to be a marmite character but if you're arrogant and you succeed then I'm sure no-one will be complaining here. 

He's got all the help and support to build success, he's just got to deliver now.

32 minutes ago, Doha said:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Love how absolutely rattled Smallsall fans and the Partridge-like Chairman are over DC. He's got them on strings. 

Rent free.

p9doAGQ.png

How could Dutton not coming here hurt Dazzler's pride when he hired Crosby, everyone wanted him to stay and the team involved convinced him? Meanwhile I very much doubt Dutton was ever considered as a replacement should AC decline, let alone in front of him.

1 minute ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought DF hired Crosby actually...

Couldn't tell you, I meant the club as a whole. I doubt Darrell would have stood for an assistant being hired he didn't want.

Given Dutton was doing mock interviews for DC’s job while he was still there I could well imagine that would make for an awkward interview.

They do like to push this narrative of DC’s recruitment but never mention it was him who signed Adebayo and Jules who the Smurf tribute act sold from under him in January.

It's that sort of denial some fans go through when someone they rate leaves isn't it? The same way when one of our top target turns us down for another club, he's suddenly always been overrated.
There's a bit of revisionist history there - Rory Holden the "only" decent signing, - as just one example, what about developing Adebayo and selling him on?
I'm sure that to some, Clarke come across as arrogant and he's always going to be a marmite character but if you're arrogant and you succeed then I'm sure no-one will be complaining here. 
He's got all the help and support to build success, he's just got to deliver now.

That is correct. If he was truley awful they would have been relieved, laughed and forgotten by now. They were only 6 points off the play offs when he left them. They could have been up instead of Morcombe had he remained.

21 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I thought DF hired Crosby actually...

It seems Clarke said "I want this, this and this" in a coach and Flitcroft went and found Crosby, then Clarke interviewed him and thought he was a good match so he was hired.

How it should be really.

I've never known a club handle losing a manager as poorly as Walsall have. Sure, there's disappointment/hurt egos, especially when they leave mid-contract to a League rival and are very open about how much better the new club is (we'd feel the same), but this is really weird behaviour 5 months down the line.

I can't vouch for the credibility but I've heard that there's truth in that rumour about LB Dan Jones from Salford.

Vale twitter responded earlier with a shush emoji asking if there'd be a signing today; If there wasn't I'd imagine they'd have not bothered replying to it. 

4 minutes ago, Doha said:

I can't vouch for the credibility but I've heard that there's truth in that rumour about LB Dan Jones from Salford.

Vale twitter responded earlier with a shush emoji asking if there'd be a signing today; If there wasn't I'd imagine they'd have not bothered replying to it. 

Monday, Wednesday, Friday seems like a healthy cycle to announce the players.

1 hour ago, Vale1995 said:

I know its the scum but when was the last time a major newspaper company did a piece on a vale signing i cant think of ever seeing it in my lifetime 

8CB59985-16B9-44B9-9AAF-61BE50F667D1.png

What did Ronee Kruger want to know?

Scott Brown has signed for Exeter as a goalkeeping coach. I think the fact he's gone in as a coach/backup vindicates our decision to move on from him as a first-choice goalkeeper.

Will provide cover if needed, but won't be first-choice. Good luck to him.

Scott will focus on his coaching career at the club but will be registered as a player, providing goalkeeping cover if required. 

Archived