onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Interesting view on Gillinghams view for a CB.

Kelleher mentioned as well as Tom Bradbury, 23 from Halifax who has had 7 clubs on his CV ... can you imagine the uproar on here if we signed him??

Can you imagine the disappointment if we continue to miss out on these potential gems... “why can’t we unearth these players” would be the cry, until we try to unearth some and then “we want know quality” would be the new cry.

https://rochdaleafcfanpage.wordpress.com/2021/06/07/summer-transfer-targets-part-1-centre-backs/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Tom Bradbury 

img_4895.jpg?w=1000

Current Club: FC Halifax Town

Fee: Free (Contract Expiring)

For our next CB target we dive into the National League by looking at the Halifax Town defender Tom Bradbury, who has been a mainstay in their starting X11 since joining them in summer 19/20. Although he is just 23 years old, Bradbury has seven clubs on his C.V. Starting his career in the MK Dons youth setup, before signing for Bishop’s Stortford – a short spell as he later joined Banbury where Bradbury spent just over 6 months. His next move took him to Dundee in the Scottish Premier League, later having loan spells with York City and then ending up at Yeovil on a permanent basis, before signing for Halifax.

Bradbury is a solid no nonsense left footed defender that’s comfortable playing in a back 3 / back 4 as well as LB – Aggressive, Commanding in the air, Strong in his tackles. He has a 70.14% defensive duels success rate, highlighting his aggression to compete and win his duels against opposition players. Bradbury is exactly the type of CB we feel we have been missing in our defence – A defender that does all the basics of defending first!

Whereas he is not as good with the ball at his feet as some other CB’s in this blog, he is still fairly comfortable on the ball we feel for our style of play. He ranks quite highly in the National League for the number of total progressive passes played with a total of 379.

“He’s quite solid, not the greatest going forward but he’s got a good head on him and will only get better as he’s still young”

@weloveyouytfc on Twitter

“He played quite a lot of games for us in 19/20 and was always pretty steady. Left footed, centre back or left back”

@gloverscast on Twitter

He is not the finished article, but at the age of only 23, he has a lot of potential to grow into a good League 1 / League 2 standard CB.

His contract’s up this June and with Halifax being a hybrid of full time and part time players we would expect his wages would not be too high. Also, with Halifax failing to get into the play-offs and him being local, he could be tempted to move on to his next challenge. So, if he’s open to a move, then we think he’s someone who we should definitely be interested in as we feel he would slot in quite well in that LCB spot in our back 3.

Advert

Ryan Delaney has been released by Bolton. I believe they offered him a deal but he turned it down in favour of 1st team football.

24yo, a giant at 6'5 and left footed.

He's a real warrior of a defender, a proper 'head it-kick it' type but with some L1 experience.

He once carried on playing for Bolton last season "with his ear hanging off" 😂😂

https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/soccer/irish-bolton-wanderers-defender-ryan-23408672

Could be a good option for that left CB position if we don't bag Ryan Sweeney?

Andy Crosby - probably the most important signing of the season. Love it.

I'm expecting a signing to be announced each day to build up the interest for the beginning of pre season. I think most of what we need are provably signed and sealed apart from a few squad players.

Would love Vigereuax in GK - a class act at this level, although he is prone to the odd error.

Andy Crosby - probably the most important signing of the season. Love it.
I'm expecting a signing to be announced each day to build up the interest for the beginning of pre season. I think most of what we need are provably signed and sealed apart from a few squad players.
Would love Vigereuax in GK - a class act at this level, although he is prone to the odd error.

It is possible he is another that was already agreed if he is to come.

8 minutes ago, Port Vale Paul said:

I'm so confident I've had cheeky fiver @ 16/1 to win the league.

Even though we still have key positions not filled in the 1st team?? 

I think its going to be a lot tougher this year than last season. If you look at the clubs coming down they are all in decent shape to be strong in L2, plus the perennial spenders like Salford and Mansfield will throw the kitchen sink at it, however I do expect a play off place to be our minimum target.

I think its going to be a lot tougher this year than last season. If you look at the clubs coming down they are all in decent shape to be strong in L2, plus the perennial spenders like Salford and Mansfield will throw the kitchen sink at it, however I do expect a play off place to be our minimum target.

Bolton did alright last season

Getting Andy Crosby onboard is a coup for the club. Think it goes a long way to dispelling the mutterings from an isolated few that DC/DF are bullshitters and have taken Carol for a ride. A man of AC’s experience would not have joined if he didn’t believe this was a serious project. Getting exciting now. 

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not as in depth as Joe but have ok knowledge. 

The two best left backs in the division are Benning and Haynes at Newport from my viewings

What about Dunk?  Both Cambridge fullbacks looked really decent when I saw them. Not sure that Benning had the best of seasons from what bits I saw and read.

1 hour ago, MBE said:

Bradford with Derek.

Tranmere competitive.

Sutton unknown but probably better than most coming into league football.

I think Newport and FGR are in for a rude awakening if they think it’ll be a simple run back job.

Cambridge - one offs and straight back down

Cheltenham - another team I would have fancied us beating next season

Morecambe - cannon fodder

Bolton - glad to see them gone so that’s a bonus

Swindon and Northampton aren’t going to be down in Walsall town with the Barrows and Colchesters of the world.

Salford will panic themselves into mid-table nothingness when they don’t win the first 10 on the bounce and start sacking and hiring all over the shop.

Potentially a big spender coming up as a 2nd.

Joey Barton looks like he’s going to avoid prison time for at least another few weeks given his trial has been rearranged, so gas  might have time to make some signings after all.

Going to be a good one but Vale will be around the playoffs, gotta be realistic though. We are set up for success better than virtually every other team at the moment so let’s dream.

What about Dunk?  Both Cambridge fullbacks looked really decent when I saw them. Not sure that Benning had the best of seasons from what bits I saw and read.
I've always thought the Leyton Orient fullback Brophy looked a decent player. Not sure of his contract situation but looks to have ability.

Archived