onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

2 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I remember him being a little clumsy at times at swindon but as you say he comes out and comes off his line and that is the type of keeper DC wants so maybe something in it,he seems to have done better at Leyton Orient

Good height and good age so i would be fine with this one

Certainly a character and a varied football life based on Wiki, would certainly be an interesting recruitment interview, appears to have matured.  Give him a chance.

1 hour ago, valeparklife said:

I'd prefer a 'boring' keeper to be honest!

Vigouroux always seemed a bit of a loon off his line whenever I've seen him!

Bit of a loon is one way of putting it. On one occasion his loan spell was ended because he paid the £50 fine he’d incurred - in pennies. Reinstated eventually but it didn’t go down well. Looks a very good keeper though. 

13 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

If you read their comments on that Twitter feeds I think they rate him as a very good keeper.

"Please don’t go, you’re too valuable to our team."

"Vigs has kept us in so many games. He is easily a league 1 goalkeeper."

"Praying you sign the new contract" - Repeated in many different forms by different posters

"and that's without the penalty saves too! You've been quality for us this season & deserved all the accolades."

"That sounds like a goodbye to me I hope not Vigz been instrumental this season"

Well, they know more than me bud.

Lets see what materialises.

If they're to be believed, he'll surely go league 1?

23 minutes ago, Joe B said:

From an Orient fan.

I think his past + his memorable name lead people to believe he's more gaff-prone than he actually is. He probably made no more mistakes than Brown last season but is a much superior keeper, though I'd be saying that without evidence.

Either way, if we are in for him, we've probably got (in my opinion) the best goalkeeper who didn't get promoted last season.

Joe not a dig as i like some of the in depth stuff you put but its hard to say he was the best keeper to not get promoted last season without actually watching every keeper in the league.

He is though imo from memory and what orient fans say a very good keeper at the right age and right age to get better

2 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

It's on Sentinel website now😁

Better late than never, are the media from the club and senile speaking to each other.  You would think the club media would be saying this is happening today and can be released at such a time so it hits the senile news faster than it is at the moment.

31 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

Joe not a dig as i like some of the in depth stuff you put but its hard to say he was the best keeper to not get promoted last season without actually watching every keeper in the league.

He is though imo from memory and what orient fans say a very good keeper at the right age and right age to get better

A combination of 

a) watching a lot of League 2 football (saw every team play at some point last season)

b) following lots of other clubs fans

c) consuming a lot of EFL content (podcasts, websites etc)

d) reading some statistical analysis of League 2 keepers

Led me to that conclusion. It's my personal opinion and in no way objective but I'm not plucking it from thin air as suggested.

I was wrong as I forgot Salford didn't go up and therefore Hladky is the best League 2 keeper to not get promoted, but I stand by the view that Vigouroux is top 3 in the league. I don't need to have in-depth scouting notes on all 24 to form an opinion, otherwise we might as well shut the forum down.

8 minutes ago, Joe B said:

A combination of 

a) watching a lot of League 2 football (saw every team play at some point last season)

Led me to that conclusion. It's my personal opinion and in no way objective but I'm not plucking it from thin air as suggested.

I was wrong as I forgot Salford didn't go up and therefore Hladky is the best League 2 keeper to not get promoted, but I stand by the view that Vigouroux is top 3 in the league. I don't need to have in-depth scouting notes on all 24 to form an opinion, otherwise we might as well shut the forum down.

As i said not a dig me owd fruit

I fell into it by saying that Benning was the best left back in the division but when i think about it how the hell do i know,i will of seen all the teams in this division but would have no idea in reality other than he is a very good LB a bit like the Orient keeper is a very good keeper

I do like a lot of what you put though chief

1 hour ago, CambridgeDon said:

Bit of a loon is one way of putting it. On one occasion his loan spell was ended because he paid the £50 fine he’d incurred - in pennies. Reinstated eventually but it didn’t go down well. Looks a very good keeper though. 

I quite like that. Can just imagine DC laying down the law 'no paying fines in pennies', and subsequently receiving a jar of 2p pieces...

Either way, if decision-making was his main weakness, that's definitely something that can only improve with experience, so sign him up if we can.

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

A combination of 

Fair play you re keen... kind of fan this club needs

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

As i said not a dig me owd fruit

I fell into it by saying that Benning was the best left back in the division but when i think about it how the hell do i know,i will of seen all the teams in this division but would have no idea in reality other than he is a very good LB a bit like the Orient keeper is a very good keeper

I do like a lot of what you put though chief

I'm not as in depth as Joe but have ok knowledge. 

The two best left backs in the division are Benning and Haynes at Newport from my viewings

I quite like that. Can just imagine DC laying down the law 'no paying fines in pennies', and subsequently receiving a jar of 2p pieces...
Either way, if decision-making was his main weakness, that's definitely something that can only improve with experience, so sign him up if we can.
Does he have a beard or the makings of one?

15 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

I'm not as in depth as Joe but have ok knowledge. 

The two best left backs in the division are Benning and Haynes at Newport from my viewings

I really like Haynes, Ridehalgh at Tranmere is very good as well 

Archived