onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

5 minutes ago, robf said:

I'd like to respond to that:

1. We're not the police, we are volunteers

2. It was a group decision after consideration, we didn't lose anything - cool or otherwise

We don't discuss why we ban users in public but rest assured it's for good reasons and after careful consideration. If you wanted to contest the ban, in private, you had plenty of opportunity to do so.

I am very grateful for the members who have volunteered and who use their spare time, unpaid, to moderate this site and also to put up with often unmerited abuse.

I would remind those unhappy with the above that you don't have to come onto this forum if you don't like our terms & conditions. 

And if you do continue, I would remind you that when you joined the forum you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. So, please do.

Thanks.

Don't disagree with any of that, and don't disagree with the ban I got for a crude reply.

But I could have made a note of the few members that would be up in arms about it beforehand.

Advert

1 hour ago, Joe B said:

Believe the word has been that 5 signings were done by last week.

Hopefully another one announced today then.

Kidsgrove game is in just over 3 weeks. If they report back the monday of the week the friendlies start (I don't know), that's 14 working days so near enough 1 announced a day for the 12 to come in. Won't happen that way but that would be a nice way to do it, keep the interest high on a daily basis, especially if they tie a more 'desirable' signing to a day something else is teased like the kit launch or an open day for the kids or something.

38 minutes ago, robf said:

I'd like to respond to that:

1. We're not the police, we are volunteers

2. It was a group decision after consideration, we didn't lose anything - cool or otherwise

We don't discuss why we ban users in public but rest assured it's for good reasons and after careful consideration. If you wanted to contest the ban, in private, you had plenty of opportunity to do so.

I am very grateful for the members who have volunteered and who use their spare time, unpaid, to moderate this site and also to put up with often unmerited abuse.

I would remind those unhappy with the above that you don't have to come onto this forum if you don't like our terms & conditions. 

And if you do continue, I would remind you that when you joined the forum you agree to abide by our terms and conditions. So, please do.

Thanks.

Great site rob to catch up on signing and general chat about vale 

shame about the brexit thread that’s full of loose cannons 

🏃‍♂️

After the last 8 years I think we're well overdue a bit of luck on the pitch. That luck being it all falls into place for Wilson and he tw@ts in 35 this season on his own.  

With the incredulity DC showed when he first came in about the truly incompetent fitness/medical set-up, how he let Oyeleke go despite his quality at L2 level and how he quickly sussed out and moved on the physio or fitness coach or whoever it was that left in Feb/March, I'm not overly concerned at Wilsons past cruciate injury nor whatever it was that set Walker back for ages.

One, I don't believe DC would sign off on the players without being 100% convinced by hard evidence that the issue is resolved and not chronic, and that the player isn't just prone Oyeleke-style, and two it doesn't take an astrophysicist to work out that had Wilson not done his cruiciates in at Derby, he wouldn't be playing in L2. It made me laugh reading negative comments about him being 'injury prone' at the brain trust that is the wonder of you FB group - do they really think a club outside of the Championship would be signing a 25 year old with such a hugely promising pedigree if there wasn't some sort of catch involved? Let's be realistic, if you're not in the greed league/the shït or bust league just below it and spending ridiculous amounts of money, compromises have to made in football recruitment. 

13 minutes ago, Doha said:

After the last 8 years I think we're well overdue a bit of luck on the pitch. That luck being it all falls into place for Wilson and he tw@ts in 35 this season on his own.  

With the incredulity DC showed when he first came in about the truly incompetent fitness/medical set-up, how he let Oyeleke go despite his quality at L2 level and how he quickly sussed out and moved on the physio or fitness coach or whoever it was that left in Feb/March, I'm not overly concerned at Wilsons past cruciate injury nor whatever it was that set Walker back for ages.

One, I don't believe DC would sign off on the players without being 100% convinced by hard evidence that the issue is resolved and not chronic, and that the player isn't just prone Oyeleke-style, and two it doesn't take an astrophysicist to work out that had Wilson not done his cruiciates in at Derby, he wouldn't be playing in L2. It made me laugh reading negative comments about him being 'injury prone' at the brain trust that is the wonder of you FB group - do they really think a club outside of the Championship would be signing a 25 year old with such a hugely promising pedigree if there wasn't some sort of catch involved? Let's be realistic, if you're not in the greed league/the shït or bust league just below it and spending ridiculous amounts of money, compromises have to made in football recruitment. 

Some people still struggle to grasp that we are not going to sign a player who ticks all of these boxes:

a) Experienced

b) Big Name

c) Rarely injured

d) 'Proven' at League 2 level

If they tick all four of those, they get signed by a League 1 club. You have to remove one, maybe two of them.

1 hour ago, Burslem Academicals said:

The keeper situation is interesting and Lewis Ward is a good shout.....Nicholls has gone to Huddersfield and Allsop is expected to go league 1.

So is it a first choice keeper and a youngster in which case why not keep the young lad from Man City or perhaps for some competition two keepers with experience.....

Ben Garret who left Crewe was out on a limb and trained at Vale ended up as back up keeper for Burton Albion in league 1.....two year deal as second choice sat on the bench first year and sat on the bench at the start of the second only to get a run of games when the first choice got injured but ended up sat back on the bench once the first choice returned for the run in.......was said to have played well with many man of the match performances but out of contract and might be offered a further year to again sit on the bench.....so perhaps a two year deal at a local club and actually playing games as first choice might interest Garret.

Lewis Ward (25) and Ben Garrett (27) 

Garrett signed a new 2 year contract at Burton in May unfortunately

From what I know, Aaron Martin and Ryan Johnson (waiting until after the play-offs to be announced) have reportedly signed. Also, I was led to believe Josh Gordon had signed a number of weeks ago, but apparently there have been a few issues surrounding his personal terms - In which case, I’d look elsewhere. 

The signings of Brad Walker and James Wilson have impressed me. Two players with experience of playing in higher divisions. For me, they are certainly an upgrade on Joyce and Robinson/Guthrie/Cullen. An attack of Rodney and Wilson is truly terrifying - PACE. Not to mention, they are at the right age and there is no reason why they can’t develop even further in their initial two-year period with the Vale. 

Ben Garrity arrives with mixed reviews. I once spoke to Toby Macormac (Warrington Town chairman) at the time Garrity was there. He spoke very highly of Ben, and told me there was countless EFL clubs sniffing around Ben. Toby was very complimentary of Ben’s ability, but one asset stood out. Ben was apparently known for his ability to arrive into the box late and score headers, and to this day that’s what he’s known for at Warrington. So, don’t listen to Blackpool fans or Oldham fans, I trust Toby Macormac, DC and DF. Ben is 24 and only played his first full season in the EFL last time out. He could be a smart acquisition.

Trust the process! 

From what I know, Aaron Martin and Ryan Johnson (waiting until after the play-offs to be announced) have reportedly signed. Also, I was led to believe Josh Gordon had signed a number of weeks ago, but apparently there have been a few issues surrounding his personal terms - In which case, I’d look elsewhere. 
The signings of Brad Walker and James Wilson have impressed me. Two players with experience of playing in higher divisions. For me, they are certainly an upgrade on Joyce and Robinson/Guthrie/Cullen. An attack of Rodney and Wilson is truly terrifying - PACE. Not to mention, they are at the right age and there is no reason why they can’t develop even further in their initial two-year period with the Vale. 
Ben Garrity arrives with mixed reviews. I once spoke to Toby Macormac (Warrington Town chairman) at the time Garrity was there. He spoke very highly of Ben, and told me there was countless EFL clubs sniffing around Ben. Toby was very complimentary of Ben’s ability, but one asset stood out. Ben was apparently known for his ability to arrive into the box late and score headers, and to this day that’s what he’s known for at Warrington. So, don’t listen to Blackpool fans or Oldham fans, I trust Toby Macormac, DC and DF. Ben is 24 and only played his first full season in the EFL last time out. He could be a smart acquisition.
Trust the process! 
You sure about Aaron Martin? He signed an extension to his contract with Harrogate in March this year, tying him to the club till the summer of '23. So it would take a fee if he came.

1 hour ago, Beech said:

No, it wasn't. Lee Collins died after I got banned, which was months later. This "bet" was near the beginning of the season.

But you still welshed on a bet when the money was going to the family of one of our players who had tragically died. Pretty shameful. This has nothing to do with your ban.

Archived