onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

9 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

This cannot be spun any other way from the fact that this is a great signing.

8 in 27 last season is none too shabby really either 

Exciting. 

Not as good a record as Theo when we signed him last season who had scored 11 in 28 the season before. No one got excited about that did they 😀

Advert

A potentially high-reward signing. He undoubtedly has bags of talent but it seems he's made a succession of poor career choices.

Maybe stability, regular minutes, and trust will be crucial.

Certainly can't knock the Matrix; 3 lads, of good age, with no links via agents/connections to manager. I would argue all three offer more, and for longer, than the players that we've released.

19 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Not as good a record as Theo when we signed him last season who had scored 11 in 28 the season before. No one got excited about that did they 😀

Wed seen theo play for vale before and it wasnt pretty the first time

Given Wilson’s probable wages (and mutterings about Pope’s contract), I see this as Pope’s replacement, although completely different playing styles. 

I don’t think DC will play with a target man, and I reckon Wilson has been brought in to partner Rodney. 

I really hope this will be a breakthrough year for Wilson in terms of consistently and goals output. From reading reports he has the ability to run riot at league 2, but has struggled with injuries and never really settled at one club after Man U. 

Given he has signed for a club local to him on a 2 year deal, I’m keeping everything crossed Vale is the club where it all falls into place. 

This could be a HUGE signing 🤞🏻Welcome to the Vale James, we’re all behind you. 

Maybe when you're on the inside looking out it's harder to see the status of the club for some people as some of the comments on Walker and Garrity have been met with derision and negativity. 

Now look from a player's perspective, being sold the Vale dream. All Clarke and Flitcroft have are their own records and the stability and structure that Carol has brought in. Vale haven't seen a promotion in nearly 10 years for a club that has never had much money to spend, how attractive is that?

I know people have the right to express their opinion but I also think that negativity should be put on hold until we've seen them play in the system that Clarke wants them to play in.

Right this moment, anything is possible next season - promotion, play-offs, mid-table mediocrity or relegation.

I'd rather put my energy in getting behind the team until they give us a reason not to because attracting the players that you would like to see in Port Vale's colours is a tough sell when there are clubs that can pay them higher wages in a more attractive area.

If they reveal Jordan Henderson tomorrow you would have some fans commenting "This is a risk with that penalty business for England the other day, not for me"

I can't remember the last time I was this excited for a new season to start.

40 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Can we start individual threads for new signings or do people prefer everything in here?

My thoughts on forums is that a central, busy thread is better than several quieter ones. Having several threads often means some just die off wheras one central thread maintains its own momentum.

So, I'm happy for signing reactions to go in here too.

I'm going to tweak the thread title to reflect that so it's clear. it will be become - "Transfer rumours, targets & new signings"

• robf changed the title to Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Welcome to the lad I am not one for getting excited over signings .

I do not know much about him apart from he is from biddulph was at united and obviously it's gone downhill since for the lad however signing for a club like Vale well that could kick start his career as we have potential and a big enough ground for his and his team mates to exceed there own ambitions and get Vale up 2 leagues minimum  

Better to be a legend at a small club than a nothing at a big club and just sit on a bench I mean there academies with 23 year olds in who will never see league action ,there career will be ten years maximum get on that Vale park pitch and gain your own respect with what you do and you will be adored ,go on that pitch and produce nothing then expect a backlash of the fans they work hard in there nothing jobs support you in your something job .

UTV 

Just now, robf said:

My thoughts on forums is that a central, busy thread is better than several quieter ones. Having several threads often means some just die off wheras one central thread maintains its own momentum.

So, I'm happy for signing reactions to go in here too.

I'm going to tweak the thread title to reflect that so it's clear. it will be become - "Transfer rumours, targets & new signings"

Cheers. I found it tricky to find who we'd signed or the reaction to them when I hadn't been on the forum for a couple of days but see your reasoning.

8 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

Cheers. I found it tricky to find who we'd signed or the reaction to them when I hadn't been on the forum for a couple of days but see your reasoning.

There's always the front page blog (or the OVF Features section of the forum which has a feed of those stories) for this site's news updates on the signings as they happen.

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

Some Cambridge fans are suggesting rumours that Luke Hannant may be returning according to their fans on a league two forum...

Interesting one that.

Suits DC style and ethos so I would welcome it.

Archived