onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Looks like he's a personal trainer. I don't know if released by Kings Lynn but apart from ourselves they were stuffed most weeks.
Not saying he was at fault for goals as I've no idea but I can't think of a worse CV for a keeper than 47 in 18 . That's almost 3 a game . 
On paper not good, but how many did he save? Could well have had a lot of practice.

Advert

57 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Sorry for using the word 'great'.

I think somebody with a similar profile to him would be good as a number 2, at League 2 level.

Can see the logic, but they conceded ½ a goal more per game on average with him in the team than in the season as a whole, which isn't a great advert.

Since viewing a couple of Leicester articles around the time of the cup final, I keep getting their news pop up in my fb feed, and they've just released a young gk called Oli Bosworth, only 18, was academy player of the year for two years running in 2019 and 2020. Could be worth a trial for the back-up/development keeper berth?

1 hour ago, JRC said:

Frankly I don't trust you because it's something I discussed with Carol Shanahan last time I was in the UK. There clearly were some young lads mixing with pros because Bailey had a few games on the bench; as did a couple of the other accadamy players I believe. So unless you have a fact I will trust what I have been told. If you have a fact,  rather than hearsay, I would consider changing my opinion.

You think what you want to blossom but i know what the truth is of the matter,had no choice with Bailey and the other 2 lads due to injuries,surely you are clever enough to work that out.

Anyway can you stop now hijacking the current transfer thread with your pro askey stuff,i suggest if we want to get in that debate then search for an Askey thread and bring it back up.

2 hours ago, JRC said:

Frankly I don't trust you because it's something I discussed with Carol Shanahan last time I was in the UK. There clearly were some young lads mixing with pros because Bailey had a few games on the bench; as did a couple of the other accadamy players I believe. So unless you have a fact I will trust what I have been told. If you have a fact,  rather than hearsay, I would consider changing my opinion.

Bailey was on the bench for Askey's last two games and two of the other youngsters were on the bench for one of those games.  That's the only time Askey used any of the youngsters and it was simply to make up the numbers on the bench because of all the injuries we had.

1 hour ago, werstayinup said:

You think what you want to blossom but i know what the truth is of the matter,had no choice with Bailey and the other 2 lads due to injuries,surely you are clever enough to work that out.

Anyway can you stop now hijacking the current transfer thread with your pro askey stuff,i suggest if we want to get in that debate then search for an Askey thread and bring it back up.

I never started this debate on this thread. I think you will find you did stating unsubstantiated rumours as fact. I've hijacked nothing, just questioned some opinions you've claimed as facts.

19 hours ago, LancyTony said:

ummmm...so you don't like DC criticising  former manager JA, because that's unprofessional...but you're quite happy using the term "basket case" to describe JA's predecessor's reign? Bit of double standards there, I think? Like "not wanting to criticise Carol"...but then criticising her!

Sorry Tony, you misunderstand. I am not in football management. Hard to be a case of double standards. DC is unprofessional in his field I am not.  Our case has been a basket case for many years. You may not recall the owner before C&K.

3 hours ago, JRC said:

The guy was employed to manage the first team. Sevvy Aslam was employed to manage The Accadamy. I'm an operations director; I don't go and try to manage either sales staff, or the finance department. The odd time I'm in the same building, or country I'm polite and I'll have a beer. Why would he even want to get involved in someone else's area of responsibility?

Because potentially youth players could make a step up to the first 11? Surely it’s a good idea to know what the youth players are like for yourself rather than basing it on someone else’s word. There’s no argument for me. It’s just lazy poor management from askey. 

Back on topic re targets and rumours on transfers,does anyone have any new suggestions?i watched Hartlepool v Bromley earlier and Pools have a cracking attacking midfielder named Rhys Oates who ran the show.He would command a decent fee and that would also push Taylor down the order.Centre Half previously mentioned named Johnson didn't stand out.

3 minutes ago, joker1968 said:

Back on topic re targets and rumours on transfers,does anyone have any new suggestions?i watched Hartlepool v Bromley earlier and Pools have a cracking attacking midfielder named Rhys Oates who ran the show.He would command a decent fee and that would also push Taylor down the order.Centre Half previously mentioned named Johnson didn't stand out.

There was rumour we were after Oates a few years ago

5 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Not a rumour, but a goalkeeper by the name of Theo Richardson is leaving Kings Lynn.

He's not yet announced where he is going next but seems to be very well thought of.

Young & promising goalkeeper, particularly good with his feet. He came through at Man Utd. Someone like him would make a great number 2 & I would think he fits the kind of profile we might be looking at; young for a goalkeeper with the potential to improve & step up when needed.

He isn’t even a professional footballer, works as a personal trainer. If he comes to Vale as anything more than junior toilet polisher I will be outraged. 

Enough with all these minor, feeble signings who never got games at Blackpool or playing in lads and dads leagues...where is the quality? 

We really need it after last season.

1 hour ago, Ron C said:

Sorry Tony, you misunderstand. I am not in football management. Hard to be a case of double standards. DC is unprofessional in his field I am not.  Our case has been a basket case for many years. You may not recall the owner before C&K.

You are indeed as patronising as Mr Ford was. I've been a  Vale fan...and going to games for 57 years. It's clear you're not in football management because you haven't a clue - the double standards are in your criticisms and nothing to do with DC. And don't forget - that is only your opinion...I've seen nothing from DC and DF to suggest any unprofessionalism - quite the opposite, in fact - I feel my club is, finally, being run in a professional manner! 

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Because potentially youth players could make a step up to the first 11? Surely it’s a good idea to know what the youth players are like for yourself rather than basing it on someone else’s word. There’s no argument for me. It’s just lazy poor management from askey. 

I know people are probably sick of me speaking about what goes on here in Danish football by now 😅
But as a lot of Danish PL clubs rely on creating their own talents, it's become a popular thing to hire a 'transition coach', to help the youth talents make the largest transition of their career, from being a youth talent to a senior player. Because to be fair; they go from competing with 1 or 2 age groups at a time, to suddenly competing with 26-27 age groups at a time (from 16 to guys in their 40s). That is a real big shock to many young players, that they can suddenly go from being THE star of their age group, to suddenly being a squad player at most. So maybe that is something Vale will look into doing, at one point in time as well 😊

Archived