onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

Based on what?

Based on him coming through the Utd Academy & having first team experience in the league below. He's also just 22. I'd have thought our number 2 will be a younger goalkeeper but we shall see.

Not one for signing players based on highlights reels on YouTube & we certainly won't be doing that this summer, but some good examples of his distribution & shot stopping ability. Couple of worldy saves in there.

Like I said only a suggestion anyway... this is the thread to discuss players, right? Calm yourselves.

Advert

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

Do you actually follow us?
I must have missed the wide documentation. We don't know what his budget is, or what people are being offered/paid. With so many players available, maybe clubs have the upper hand in terms of negotiations? Maybe the squad will be smaller, meaning he is able to offer more to some people.

As always, now is not the time to judge or criticise. By Christmas, by all means have a pop if you want!

3 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Based on him coming through the Utd Academy

So did Adam Eckersley and Toby Whelan tbf. 

Just not sure how you can say he'd be "great" based on playing for Kings Lynn (and conceding a <ovf censored> load all season) after being let go as a teenager by Man Utd and consequently snapped up by Grantham Town, wherever that is. 

1 minute ago, dishydave said:

Just watching hartlepool and that Johnson who we are being linked with hasn't had much to do but he looks very comfortable on the ball even under pressure

Is he centre half ?

BBC have him down as at left back 

The guy was employed to manage the first team. Sevvy Aslam was employed to manage The Accadamy. I'm an operations director; I don't go and try to manage either sales staff, or the finance department. The odd time I'm in the same building, or country I'm polite and I'll have a beer. Why would he even want to get involved in someone else's area of responsibility?

As operations manager I’d expect you liaise with both sales and finance team , in fact I’d say it’s integral to your job

41 minutes ago, JRC said:

The guy was employed to manage the first team. Sevvy Aslam was employed to manage The Accadamy. I'm an operations director; I don't go and try to manage either sales staff, or the finance department. The odd time I'm in the same building, or country I'm polite and I'll have a beer. Why would he even want to get involved in someone else's area of responsibility?

More to do with letting the young lads mix in with the pro's(DC has already done this) and also if he was prepared to bring youngsters through to the first team...trust me it is a fact that he wasn't buying into that side of things,which was the remit for any new manager

The next signing should be announced wearing the new strip, so people can fill their boots being negative about the player, the kit and the manager all in one neat little package.

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

More to do with letting the young lads mix in with the pro's(DC has already done this) and also if he was prepared to bring youngsters through to the first team...trust me it is a fact that he wasn't buying into that side of things,which was the remit for any new manager

Frankly I don't trust you because it's something I discussed with Carol Shanahan last time I was in the UK. There clearly were some young lads mixing with pros because Bailey had a few games on the bench; as did a couple of the other accadamy players I believe. So unless you have a fact I will trust what I have been told. If you have a fact,  rather than hearsay, I would consider changing my opinion.

Frankly I don't trust you because it's something I discussed with Carol Shanahan last time I was in the UK. There clearly were some young lads mixing with pros because Bailey had a few games on the bench; as did a couple of the other accadamy players I believe. So unless you have a fact I will trust what I have been told. If you have a fact,  rather than hearsay, I would consider changing my opinion.

I can only tell you of conversations I had directly at the time with people who had first hand experience of JA attitude or rather lack there off towards the youth setup , even more surprising as this is where he started at Macc, in the youth setup

46 minutes ago, Doha said:

So did Adam Eckersley and Toby Whelan tbf. 

Just not sure how you can say he'd be "great" based on playing for Kings Lynn (and conceding a <ovf censored> load all season) after being let go as a teenager by Man Utd and consequently snapped up by Grantham Town, wherever that is. 

Sorry for using the word 'great'.

I think somebody with a similar profile to him would be good as a number 2, at League 2 level.

4 hours ago, werstayinup said:

I am hoping this is something that DC looks into(getting a reserve team set up at Vale) it's what we have always had to help bring players on(youth wise) help injured players with fitness and also to have a look at trialists. Since it was scrapped our injury issues have increased massively.

I agree and raised it at the supporters club . Personally I think its really important to  have a reserve team with a few youth players , young pros and squad 1st teamers but you need have the structure and players at the club to do it. We appear to have the structure and strategy to do and notice we have recruited really young pros (not officially announced) so far during the summer.

Archived