onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

11 minutes ago, MiketheValiant said:

Tyler Denton? Yes I liked the look of him and was disappointed when his loan was cut short for "family reasons". Strange how some players just seem to fizzle out isn't it? We've had a few here over the years.

Leeds 3 year contract 2017

Vale loan 

Peterborough loan 

Stevenage permanent

Kings Lynn permanent 

All in the space of 4 years. 

Advert

2 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Leeds 3 year contract 2017

Vale loan 

Peterborough loan 

Stevenage permanent

Kings Lynn permanent 

All in the space of 4 years. 

I think these are some of the reasons DC wants only loan players that he thinks vale have a chance of getting permanently after or during the loan period

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Based on the first two at last cards are close to the chest. 

Neither signing was rumoured although the Blackpool journo seemed to know. 

We might see a few more unexpected ones .

I don't see Stuart Sinclair fitting our M.O at all though. 

Still need a few old heads to provide guidance and experience. It might not be Sinclair but I'd be surprised if one or two veterans aren't signed.

I think the big problem we had with the reserves was that we had well over 30 senior pros in the few years prior to last.

When we turned up to reserve games the opposition mainly consisted of youth players with a few senior pros and our reserve team weren't really tested. They could win games strolling around the pitch. Whilst our 1st team were performing horrifically our reserve team of our 2nd string were winning almost every week, and no youth were getting a look in.

With a smaller squad the reserves should mainly consist of youth players with a few senior pros. The senior pros short of game time or returning from injury get more or a workout as the team isn't head and shoulders above the oppositionand more is expected of them as one of a few experienced players. Meanwhile the youth players are testing themselves against a higher level of opposition assisting their development.

In my opinion it was a big mistake getting rid of the reserve team and I hope it returns.

17 minutes ago, robf said:

Absolutely. Smith has > 300 career appearances and Conlon is closing on 200. 

There is a need to find players to fit round this core. So ideally Smith needs to play with a bigger partner and Conlon needs midfielders who play - out wide, holding, box to box. As always we have to hope who the side is built around doesn't get clogged and disappear for the months.

Not a rumour, but a goalkeeper by the name of Theo Richardson is leaving Kings Lynn.

He's not yet announced where he is going next but seems to be very well thought of.

Young & promising goalkeeper, particularly good with his feet. He came through at Man Utd. Someone like him would make a great number 2 & I would think he fits the kind of profile we might be looking at; young for a goalkeeper with the potential to improve & step up when needed.

55 minutes ago, ValeForever. said:

Not a rumour, but a goalkeeper by the name of Theo Richardson is leaving Kings Lynn.

He's not yet announced where he is going next but seems to be very well thought of.

Young & promising goalkeeper, particularly good with his feet. He came through at Man Utd. Someone like him would make a great number 2 & I would think he fits the kind of profile we might be looking at; young for a goalkeeper with the potential to improve & step up when needed.

Bit of a random one, they had an horrendous defensive record.

His last 6 appearances 

4-4, 1-1, 5-3 loss, 3-1 loss, 4-1 loss, 5-1 loss . 

Played 18 games conceded 47 !!! 

Looks like he's a personal trainer. I don't know if released by Kings Lynn but apart from ourselves they were stuffed most weeks.

Not saying he was at fault for goals as I've no idea but I can't think of a worse CV for a keeper than 47 in 18 . That's almost 3 a game . 

1 hour ago, tisdeano said:

It is true Askey would not engage with senior youth coaches prior to Sinclair , unless they are lying, along with others directly involved in the youth setup

The guy was employed to manage the first team. Sevvy Aslam was employed to manage The Accadamy. I'm an operations director; I don't go and try to manage either sales staff, or the finance department. The odd time I'm in the same building, or country I'm polite and I'll have a beer. Why would he even want to get involved in someone else's area of responsibility?

2 hours ago, MiketheValiant said:

Tyler Denton? Yes I liked the look of him and was disappointed when his loan was cut short for "family reasons". Strange how some players just seem to fizzle out isn't it? We've had a few here over the years.

It's a bit random, I think he has dropped out of the EFL completely. 

Archived