onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

14 minutes ago, Ron C said:

My criticism is why we are paying compensation for squad players. There are an awful lot of players out there desperate for security at the moment. He may turn out to be much better and I will be very happy,. With our finances, we can only have success by striking lucky with some unknown gems. Let's hope we get them.

He will have no excuse for not being successful given the time he's been given and the budget situation we've now got. He knows what he's got regarding both player and budget issues.

We have a clear direction from Carole we will be a development club so sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate but you take a chance with all signings, free or not. The one thing you can say is we have a long term strategy and implemented a structure to achieve it. That has not been the case for quite sometime.

Time will tell if DC can deliver the short term goal but on the basis of the turnaround of form last season and historic promotion experience I think he has the ability to do it  We will just need luck with injuries to key players.  

Advert

5 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

It’s painfully clear that a few posters have had their nose put out of join because they know the Askeys or the surrounding families and had a nice link into what was going on at the vale.

Calling for a United club when their “in the know” ticket was there and then tearing it to shreds when he was quite rightly removed for poor performance shows the measure of the man.

This small town, everyone must be connected, mentality was NOT what was needed to heal the Vale on the pitch after the fat slug brought it to its knees. It’s need professionalising... no fitness tracking or Medicals... Jesus wept. 

Luckily, the Pro Askey, anti DC agenda is very easy to spot.

I know I’m an overly positive, glass half full guy when it comes to the vale, I have defended signings in the past which have made me look seriously daft... never in a “he’s definitely going to be brilliant” ... but I always try and think about why someone was signed, and what the manager thought he could do.

I cannot for the life of me understand the mentality of just assuming someone is crap without knowing what role the manager has planned for him. Maybe Garrity has been brought in to be a spoiler in games, high energy, less importance on quality, use his engine, spoil and reset.... I have no idea. Neither does anyone here, so let’s wait and see.

I cannot for the life of me understand what drives someone to have such a level of dislike for a manager that they purposefully look for the most negative angle to look at everything they do. To me, It’s weird.

But crack on... must be a draining and anxiety inducing existence! 

I've made no secret of my disappointment at the removal of JA. I also wish to give every manager my initial support. I am impressed with the 9 game run as I am equally unimpressed with his initial job. My current issue is with the unprofessional nonsense being spoken. Do you really believe there was no fitness tracking? No medicals? Utter rubbish. No professional club operates without them.

When I was a young man and had my first job in marketing I was told to never criticise the opposition nor the previous tenant of your hotseat because it was unprofessional and would come back to haunt you. Well, it is funny that you speak of professionalism when DC used up every excuse he could during his initial, dismal spell in blaming coaching, sport scientists, the players, the previous manager, etc. Old habits die hard but I think it was cheap and tacky. I think he is classless and I hold custodians of my club to a higher standard.

If he brings enormous success, then I'm sure my opinions will change but I'll still be resentful of his early operations.

<ovf censored> me when are we going to just move on from a depressing past and look forward to the future? Askey for better or worse, <ovf censored> or decent, wrongly sacked or rightly removed is gone and ain’t never coming back - not to Vale or with any other team in Vale’s league. We have a new manager that has by my estimations smashed the first target of staying up, with the bonus of giving the team an identity, confidence and winning run. Next big decision, mass exodus, most in here agreed with and I certainly did. He has generated more professionalism, direction and passion in a few months than Askey could muster in total. People are obsessed with looking to the past, just let them go and move on.

11 minutes ago, Ron C said:

I've made no secret of my disappointment at the removal of JA. I also wish to give every manager my initial support. I am impressed with the 9 game run as I am equally unimpressed with his initial job. My current issue is with the unprofessional nonsense being spoken. Do you really believe there was no fitness tracking? No medicals? Utter rubbish. No professional club operates without them.

When I was a young man and had my first job in marketing I was told to never criticise the opposition nor the previous tenant of your hotseat because it was unprofessional and would come back to haunt you. Well, it is funny that you speak of professionalism when DC used up every excuse he could during his initial, dismal spell in blaming coaching, sport scientists, the players, the previous manager, etc. Old habits die hard but I think it was cheap and tacky. I think he is classless and I hold custodians of my club to a higher standard.

If he brings enormous success, then I'm sure my opinions will change but I'll still be resentful of his early operations.

He wasn’t making excuses, he was being open and honest about the mess the club was in and the huge job it was / is to turn it around slowly. Carol obviously agreed, that’s why Flitters is act Vale too. DC always said the results were on him, even though was left with an unfit and unbalanced team teetering on relegation. It’s not making excuses to point out blatant facts that stare you in the face when you walk through the door. Askey was criminally incompetent on fitness, tactics, signings and unfortunately had no idea how to be a successful league manager. 

16 minutes ago, Ron C said:

You obviously were easily pleased under the old regime.

2 minutes ago, 1 said:

He wasn’t making excuses, he was being open and honest about the mess the club was in and the huge job it was / is to turn it around slowly. Carol obviously agreed, that’s why Flitters is act Vale too. DC always said the results were on him, even though was left with an unfit and unbalanced team teetering on relegation. It’s not making excuses to point out blatant facts that stare you in the face when you walk through the door. Askey was criminally incompetent on fitness, tactics, signings and unfortunately had no idea how to be a successful league manager. 

I doubt much of what you've written there, is true.

The bigger job was turning round the basket case the club was after Aspin. So I should think you're not full of the 'facts'. Nor are any of us but I would be very careful taking anything DC says at face value.

4 minutes ago, tommytunstall said:

You obviously were easily pleased under the old regime.

How far do you care to go back?

Our lives following our club is not going to be full have happiness, let's face it.

6 minutes ago, Ron C said:

The bigger job was turning round the basket case the club was after Aspin. So I should think you're not full of the 'facts'. Nor are any of us but I would be very careful taking anything DC says at face value.

It was a much bigger job for Clarke to keep us up after that <ovf censored> show this season from askey!!! 

30 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Refer to my previous post 

4 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

Refer to my previous post 

You're generally a level-headed sort, IC.

There is some rubbish posted on here from people who should know better.

I hope I'm wrong. Let's see what we get.

I suppose, for me the bottom line is success first, standards of behaviour second.  That said, I “get” a lot of Ron C’s post. I’d much rather go for a pint with Askey (or Aspo for that matter). I liked his quiet measured manner and the family history with the club. He was doing well till the wheels came of in November and I was gutted he couldn’t turn it round. I hate it when people bad mouth him. I’m also turned off a bit by some of the organisational development speak, the calling the previous regime and there were times early in Clarke’s reign when he was shifting responsibility he should have been taking, though he did stop that. All of that said, What I want from Vale managers isn’t to go for a pint with them, or to like them, it’s for them to be successful so I can embrace to idea that Clarke and Flitcroft are trying something that’s well thought out and that Askey’s history and let’s see how it works out.

3 hours ago, Ron C said:

All speculation, but I don't think it is unfathomable that we would have started to click again under the previous regime. I am absolutely unimpressed with DC so far. All I've seen and heard are conflicting statements and spin. I've seen money thrown at him that JA wasn't given.

I am unimpressed with this season's signings (so far) but I am looking forward to see them on the field before I judge. We need "under the radar" signings and I will always give the  benefit of the doubt but I think DF and DC are BS merchants who have worked a number on Carol. They've got much more flexibility with the coffers than JA was afforded.

We will see. Let's hope I'm wrong.

Askey wasn't backed....you have no idea my friend but i will say what you put is total codswallop

1 hour ago, Ron C said:

Do you have anything bad at all to say about Askey during his tenure as vale manager?

4 hours ago, Doha said:

Widely documented? Where? Show me the numbers.

You have a very peculiar pro Askey attack everyone else agenda. Thank god you didn't get your way or we'd be non league now, enjoying the sights of Whitehead and Mills getting carved open for the 3rd goal against Boreham Wood as Askey makes his first sub in second half injury time. 

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/4630-ron-c/content/

He sounds suspiciously like Mr Ford?? Forget his full name on here, because he's been on my ignore list for a good while!

Archived