onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 minute ago, Doha said:

You're absolutely unimpressed with a manager who turned a freefalling side nailed on for a pitiful relegation into one that won 8 out of 9 and drew the 9th? Talk of unbeaten and clean sheet records being bettered? You're unimpressed with that, but think one dimensional, one plan, stubborn Askey would have turned it round to achieve the same?

Really? 

Where is the reliable evidence that DC has a much bigger budget to work with than Askey had?

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

Do you actually follow us?

Advert

Actually, reading your past posts you've been anti DC and Flitcroft since the very start, have attacked Carol a few times and even claimed Aspin had a bigger budget than Askey. Everyone is to blame but John Askey according to you, the manager that managed us into 1 win in 12.

Bit of a strange agenda mate. 

John Askey was a nice man but a football league manager he was not, hence why he hasn't been linked to any EFL jobs since leaving us and I suspect likely never will be without a stint in non-league first. I take no pleasure in saying PVFC are better off post his departure but it is demonstrably, provably a fact. 

3 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Widely documented. Add on the fact he is not hamstrung by Pope's massive contract.  Compensation paid for the management. Additional funding for our DOF. Compensation paid for a reserve player.

Widely documented? Where? Show me the numbers.

You have a very peculiar pro Askey attack everyone else agenda. Thank god you didn't get your way or we'd be non league now, enjoying the sights of Whitehead and Mills getting carved open for the 3rd goal against Boreham Wood as Askey makes his first sub in second half injury time. 

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/4630-ron-c/content/

2 minutes ago, Ron C said:

You’re defo one of Askey’s mates/knows someone who does, as I’ve heard a few of them mention Pope’s contract. 

I’ll always have respect for Askey, but he made a rod for his own back with some of his transfer decisions and lack of plan B.

Let’s just move on. 13 more signings to go before we can start to make a proper judgement.  

11 minutes ago, Doha said:

Actually, reading your past posts you've been anti DC and Flitcroft since the very start, have attacked Carol a few times and even claimed Aspin had a bigger budget than Askey. Everyone is to blame but John Askey according to you, the manager that managed us into 1 win in 12.

Bit of a strange agenda mate. 

John Askey was a nice man but a football league manager he was not, hence why he hasn't been linked to any EFL jobs since leaving us and I suspect likely never will be without a stint in non-league first. I take no pleasure in saying PVFC are better off post his departure but it is objectively, provably a fact. 

Kevin Shanahan said in the first interview after the takeover that the budget for Askey was 50000 less than the one set in the previous year. Unless the Shanahan's were lying, which I doubt, at least in his first full season he was operating with a lower budget. I believe it was about on a par, or marginally higher, last season. I think or budget generally comes in about 10th highest in this league. There are always 5 or 6 clubs whose budget is nowhere near ours, including Morecambe. 

3 minutes ago, Doha said:

Widely documented? Where? Show me the numbers.

You have a very peculiar pro Askey attack everyone else agenda. Thank god you didn't get your way or we'd be non league now, enjoying the sights of Whitehead and Mills getting carved open for the 3rd goal against Boreham Wood as Askey makes his first sub in second half injury time. 

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/4630-ron-c/content/

Peculiar? Remind me how high we've finished for the last decade. I hate the way we treated one of our own. I've tried not to criticise Carol but (for the same reason). I can see through BS and DC is full of it.   Not peculiar, at all.

We all know people central to our club. It comes with the territory. If you've moved in football circles, you get information passed through. We always have - all my life. Some of it you ignore but when you hear the same stories from different mouths, you pay attention.

https://www.onevalefan.co.uk/forum/profile/1392-doha/

You've written some weird rubbish in your time.

1 minute ago, JRC said:

Kevin Shanahan said in the first interview after the takeover that the budget for Askey was 50000 less than the one set in the previous year. Unless the Shanahan,s were lying, which I doubt, at least in his first full season he was operating with a lower budget. I believe it was about on a par, or marginally higher, last season. I think or budget generally comes in about 10th highest in this league. There are always 5 or 6 clubs whose budget is nowhere near ours, including Morecambe. 

Reliable evidence, excellent, I'll concede to that point then. I do not buy into Ron Cs insinuation though that poor old John was working on a shoestring while any success from DC can be explained by being given a blank cheque. 

1 minute ago, Doha said:

Reliable evidence, excellent, I'll concede to that point then. I do not buy into Ron Cs insinuation though that poor old John was working on a shoestring while any success from DC can be explained by being given a blank cheque. 

Success.

Let's both hope for it. How will you measure it?

3 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Peculiar? Remind me how high we've finished for the last decade.

Thanks to DC winning 8 games in a 9 game unbeaten run we've just finished 13th, up from 5 points off the relegation zone when JA was mismanaging us into non-league.

Your mate's gone. Thank god because he was going to relegate us with his one dimensional mentality to tactics, inability to change a game, horrendous signings last summer and demotivational demeanour. Get over it and stop having a hissy fit at the owner and the new management because the man who was not good enough was let go when a 4-0 battering after 1 win in 12 broke the camels back. You seem much more concerned with the concept of "one of our own" rather than actual competence in the role. He demonstrated none, the football was crap, we were losing pitifully every week, he could not change a game when required, the same stubborn ineffective 443 was aired every week featuring the wonderful likes of Fitzpatrick, Robinson, Mills, Whitehead and Crookes, and was rightly let go, get on with it. 

You said it yourself - 

On 06/12/2020 at 20:15, Ron C said:

What we need is a united club. Fans, players, owners and coaching staff.

You're beginning to sound familiar. 

On 07/11/2020 at 19:53, Ron C said:

Not played much football, have you?

On 15/11/2020 at 15:37, Ron C said:

I think you are very confused and trying to dig your way out.

The players clearly ARE on board with what the manager is trying to do. Your posts are rambling drivel of someone, who like the rest of us, is frustrated and looking for a reason. Unfortunately, you're shooting one of our own without having ANY evidence for it.

On 17/11/2020 at 21:01, Ron C said:

You're not a Vale fan at all. I call you out as a Potter if ever there was one.

You understand his role as a player, do you? You understand the positions he has held in football, do you? No, obviously not.

I'm glad to hear it. Now spend some time researching the correlation between wage structures and success in football instead of trying to dig up and magnify issues at our club. You might find something useful.

You do nothing but moan. You're like a broken record. I doubt anything in your life is going well judging by the absolute nonsense you put on here.

I think you're the one who needs to take a few breaths. Only the Vale for you, perhaps.

If we've lost Askey for Flitcroft, I'll be very disappointed.

Actually,in truth,  I'm already very disappointed in the board's recent populist decisions.

The rubbish that Carol has come out with since the sacking. The lack of stability, publicly, during the run. The interview on RS. The cutting of the budget, which we have all given her a free ride on. I've lost some faith. I don't like criticising but she is looking like she doesn't really know what she is doing at the moment. She is learning and I am still glad that she is here.

We could have been more patient with JA. I honestly do not see some great hero walking in here with this budget. We will not get someone proven. Would we ever? We will have to be lucky. I don't see that as an improvement.

Which club have you managed? Remind me.

You seem to think that being 15th is rubbish. You certainly paint a bleak picture. I'd be left to assume that we're that awful that we'd be bottom, but we're not. I can only assume you know no more than anyone else or that perhaps football works on some other measurable that you've omitted. 

I trust you've got your application in so Carol can save thousands and many hours by just appointing you.

You seem to have all the answers. You made it about you with your scathing criticism.

Get that application in. I'm sure you have all the answers.

13 minutes ago, Ron C said:

Success.

Let's both hope for it. How will you measure it?

18/19 - 20th (brought in early Feb)

19/20 - 8th (Curtailed)

20/21 - 15th (when he left after 1 win in 12)

I will measure it against beating 8th place this season, particularly considering the huge squad overhaul and new team gelling required after clearing out scores of deadwood. 

JA is over. Released players are over. I wish them well in what they may do next. We clearly need to fundamentally change to progress from being a struggling League 2 club which is under performing relative to the size of the fanbase and commercial potential. 

As a fan of a lower league club I'm happy to be deluded, I believe that  every signing could be that hidden gem. Sometimes it does happen and it happens in Burslem. Who had heard of Stuart Talbot, Andy Jones or Ian Taylor before they signed for the mighty whites. Do we want to make new players feel wanted and valued or should we just write them off before they have even kicked a ball? I do believe that had Askey stayed then there was every possibility that we would be in the National League, all the heart had drained from the side. If DC could win 8 in a row last season, there is no reason why it won't be a statistic of next season. If half the signings are better than half of what we let go then we will definitely  finish higher this coming season. 

Archived