onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

55 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Interesting to hear Garrity's interview where he said DC and DF "showed him a presentation" of where we want to go as a club.

It's almost like we're a professional football club again!

Or maybe they just dusted off Gannon’s??

Advert

15 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

I guess if your modus operandi is to get an experienced Director of Football + a manager to do the recruitment the way to compete is going to be by getting value for money out of players who are operating a bit below the radar and inevitably not the obvious candidates from wikipedia searches or fans’ forums. As such I expect people to be underwhelmed right through to August. I won’t be  concerned until December if we aren’t seeing a shape and a team that’s greater than the sum of its parts.

Yeah totally agree... they are clearly also focused on players that could be improved and sold on. 

49 minutes ago, SuperHuman said:

No idea if he’s any good or will be any good so I’ll judge him when I see him play. 

Obviously he’s not a proven player or an ‘exciting’ signing. The Oldham fans’ comments are a little concerning. However, let’s be honest, we are not going to sign 15 proven players.

I’m sure there will be more exciting signings coming through the door. 

Very much in favour  of lets see him play. Only a few players get universal praise , most divide opinion. I suppose concern is when players dont divide opinion and that  opinion is all negative.  Guthrie being a recent example and that didnt end well.

But hey lets give the guy a chance.

47 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

The only thing with the Oldham comments is they aren't sour grapes, they are comments during the season itself not ones made today. 

It's a leftfield signing for sure but we'll judge him ourselves not based on their comments. 

Didn't play either game against us . 

If you read the quotes it's the same 3 or 4 Oldham fans commenting off the back of the same game. I don't get it! He's playing at league 2 level, you aren't gonna have fans raving about you every game. Clearly had a poor game & they vented on Twitter.

Means sod all.

Just trust the process & let's back the kid. He could be a good player for us.

Sounds as if this lad has loads of potential. He's had a meteoric rise and was playing Sunday league football two years ago when he was signed by Warrington and scored a load of goals from midfield. Then he was snapped up by Blackpool and they clearly  liked what they saw when he was on loan at Oldham because they extended his contract.

And who cares what the Oldham fans think? The lad is new to the EFL and I'd take DC and DF's judgement over theirs any day of the week. The lad is still learning his trade and we should give him a chance. No risk, no reward.

Welcome to Vale Park, yewth. 

21 hours ago, MBE said:

fit the criteria of age, experience and future potential - players on an upward curve.

Carole made it very clear she would like Vale to be seen as a place for players to come and develop using Rodders and Taylor as examples.

21 hours ago, MBE said:

we have a proper process in place to ensure we get the right players.We certainly won't be signing any has beens on 2 year contracts like previous management teams. I have COMPLETE faith and trust in DF and DC to get it right, even if there maybe some perceived left field or 'lazy' signings.

21 hours ago, MBE said:

This is the issue with statistics out of context.

Welcome to PVFC Ben Garrity 

If it’s Taylor for Joyce and Garrity for Whitehead then that’s looking like upgrades even in the early stages. If it’s Garrity seemingly replacing Oyeleke in terms of value to the squad, it’s a bit more ... interesting. I don’t mean like for like with those players necessarily, I mean regarding their significance in the squad.

We have tied ourselves in a bit by re-signing Hurst, that doesn’t leave a lot of development space. It’s paramount now that we offload some of the transfer-listed midfielders.

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

The only thing with the Oldham comments is they aren't sour grapes, they are comments during the season itself not ones made today. 

It's a leftfield signing for sure but we'll judge him ourselves not based on their comments. 

Didn't play either game against us . 

Indeed. Every time I hear we get a duff player, known to be awful such as say Guthrie we get loads of people saying don’t moan, give the lad a chance. 

9 times out of ten they are usually every bit as bad as their existing reputation suggested. 

People then roll out names like Constantine from 15 years ago but he was an exception not the rule. 

7 hours ago, ethan and archies dad said:

I think it shows Macc are spending money to get out of non league and up the pyramid ASAP.  Millionaire Chairman who has invested very heavily. When I was there with my lads training there was a big fuss as Durrell(?) was getting shown around. This was a player touted on her for us last year as a world beater. 

I went round macc s ground yesterday looks good with the plastic pitch.. good luck to them.. by the way james Wilson is almost certain to sign I think 

971FED07-8FF7-4693-BD48-72B701A35B4A.jpeg

I would love to know the ins and outs of Manny's departure. He struggled for fitness with us, but it cant be deigned, when he started we were a better team.

He then plays a few games and in his last game he goes off injured (if I remember correctly)

Gets sold to Chesterfield

Then he plays a good number of games for Chesterfield (never subbed) 

I would of loved Manny to stay, until he breaks down, I'll always be wondering , why did we let him go!

6 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

I went round macc s ground yesterday looks good with the plastic pitch.. good luck to them.. by the way james Wilson is almost certain to sign I think 

971FED07-8FF7-4693-BD48-72B701A35B4A.jpeg

Looks like he's in Australia at the minute?

31 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Indeed. Every time I hear we get a duff player, known to be awful such as say Guthrie we get loads of people saying don’t moan, give the lad a chance. 

9 times out of ten they are usually every bit as bad as their existing reputation suggested. 

People then roll out names like Constantine from 15 years ago but he was an exception not the rule. 

Your not wrong. They usually are but all’s we can do is give them a go and judge them by what they do for us. 

Archived