onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

38 minutes ago, MiketheValiant said:

Alan Boswell was the 'keeper when I first started going to the Vale with my dad. I remember him going walkabout all the time and a bloke behind us in the Railway Stand kept yelling, "Get on yer line Boswell!" It remained a catchphrase in our family for years!!!

Same here... always remember his old fashioned green goalies top and gloves

Advert

1 hour ago, Budgie_2260 said:
1 hour ago, Iron Curtain said:
Fiacre Kelleher released from Wrexham which their fans are shocked at.
He was brilliant for Macc a few seasons back and had a number of clubs after him... they exercised an option to keep him at the club and then went down on the points deduction leaving him in limbo and ended up at Wrexham.
Their fans say he is statistically one of the best CBs in the league.
25, 6ft 3
He is the type of player that could be a genius pick up as cover at CB (a replacement for Brisley effectively)... shown glimpses of brilliance but never found the right platform.

Agreed, quality player, local and the right age.... The season he moved from Macc (season before last) I believe he was statistically classed as one of the top 3 CB's in the league

The kind of player Cambridge and Morecambe picked up last season, might have issue's if Wrexham are prepared to release him.

3 minutes ago, blackdog said:

The kind of player Cambridge and Morecambe picked up last season, might have issue's if Wrexham are prepared to release him.

Or he has told them he’s not signing already...

as you say this is the sort of player we need to pick up. Still a chancer but has a bit of consistency about performances which is often missing in lower league football. 

51 minutes ago, Bob Newtonian said:

Same here... always remember his old fashioned green goalies top and gloves

Don't forget the jogging round the penalty area with his arms in the air. Occasionally he did it even when play was up the other end.

5 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

Fiacre Kelleher released from Wrexham which their fans are shocked at.

He was brilliant for Macc a few seasons back and had a number of clubs after him... they exercised an option to keep him at the club and then went down on the points deduction leaving him in limbo and ended up at Wrexham.

Their fans say he is statistically one of the best CBs in the league.

25, 6ft 3

He is the type of player that could be a genius pick up as cover at CB (a replacement for Brisley effectively)... shown glimpses of brilliance but never found the right platform.

Can only think he has something lined up. Felt sorry for him as he ended up stuck at Macclesfield until the bitter end. For the month before the transfer deadline he was their only registered player. By the time he was available the deadline was over and squads had been submitted. If they weren't I think he would probably have got a league 1 club. For me he is much better than a backup at league 2 level.

There is a rumour that Kelleher was released because he was already in talks with a couple of league one clubs and us. At Macclesfield he was a player who seemed to win every header. Very similar to Legg. 

8 hours ago, Boslem's Brazil said:

It’s going to be a ding dong of a pre season on here. Already the ‘should of kept Brown/Pope etc’ brigade are critical of the first signing without seeing him kick a ball. I’m in the ‘buying into the matrix’ camp, and see how a physical DM fits into what we are trying to achieve. It will be an interesting few weeks, that’s for sure. 

People moaning at a first signing amazes me but doesn't surprise me,we have signed a player who was at a League One team,a player who has played plenty of games at League 2 level........ maybe we should just go back to signing ex Macc Town players

2 hours ago, werstayinup said:

People moaning at a first signing amazes me but doesn't surprise me,we have signed a player who was at a League One team,a player who has played plenty of games at League 2 level........ maybe we should just go back to signing ex Macc Town players

Correct,

He he a solid signing to me probably the sun is getting to some

13 hours ago, soothsayer said:

I met John Connaughton years later and he said although he played nigh on 200 games for Vale, he’s always remembered for letting a grubber through his legs at home to Walsall. 🙄

Oh yes....I'm 63 and still get occasional flashbacks to that.......the stunned silence for about 3 seconds before the outpouring of grief and anger still lingers! Sad int it really.....should know better.

5 hours ago, JRC said:

Can only think he has something lined up. Felt sorry for him as he ended up stuck at Macclesfield until the bitter end. For the month before the transfer deadline he was their only registered player. By the time he was available the deadline was over and squads had been submitted. If they weren't I think he would probably have got a league 1 club. For me he is much better than a backup at league 2 level.

That’s it... I couldnt remember exactly how he got stuck at Wrexham!

Thanks JRC

20 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Oh yes....I'm 63 and still get occasional flashbacks to that.......the stunned silence for about 3 seconds before the outpouring of grief and anger still lingers! Sad int it really.....should know better.

He was one of my favourite players when he first signed. Did his form drop after that howler? At his best he seemed way better initially (I was 6) than during the latter period when he and Trevor Dance were about on a par? First season at the club he was my favourite player.

I reckon Flitcroft didn't bother checking his injury record.

He's logged onto OVF and seen the lads have taken a look at Wiki and counted his games up over the last three years.

He breaks out in a cold sweat. He forgot the blasted injuries! Too late now; contracts signed. He'll know to do his research next time, the silly goose.

Archived