onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

11 minutes ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

I remember bloody Alan Boswell 😂😂😂😂,although he came later.

Don't really remember him but I attended his last season and a half. John Connaughton was my first real keeper, along with Trevor Dance. 

Advert

9 minutes ago, JRC said:

Don't really remember him but I attended his last season and a half. John Connaughton was my first real keeper, along with Trevor Dance. 

I met John Connaughton years later and he said although he played nigh on 200 games for Vale, he’s always remembered for letting a grubber through his legs at home to Walsall. 🙄

2 minutes ago, soothsayer said:

I met John Connaughton years later and he said although he played nigh on 200 games for Vale, he’s always remembered for letting a grubber through his legs at home to Walsall. 🙄

Boswell I saw but can't remember. That I remember and wish I never saw 😰

5 hours ago, valeparklife said:

matrix.thumb.jpg.c638b1386f2ef2bfdc831cb37f1e4d4a.jpg

Lets see.... Brad Walker have I heard of him? 🤔 Yes I remember his name from Crewe although can't ever remember watching him play . Good signing👍

If Walker is a mobile, athletic and physically stronger version of Joyce with growth to be a solid L1 player then what a fabulous upgrade to our midfield. 

Looking forward to the next 10 signings!!

20 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Ah, Good old Eve Boswell......they called him Cinderella cos he kept missing the ball! He was good comedy value at times.....unfortunately he was our keeper...😂  gave me bloody nightmares every time he came for a cross, usually ones he shouldn't have. Those he should have come for he stayed where he was...

I knew him as Jigsaw...............Always went to pieces in the box 😆

Looks a good signing on the face of it, injury record looks a concern but assume that’s been looked at by Flickers and Daz.

Solid replacement for Joyce and much bigger.

Like the fact he’s got his family all in the black away kit on his Instagram... so looks happy to be here.

No leaks at all so shows the professionalism side has improved!

50 minutes ago, CAVALIER said:

I’m buying in to the process, but hope to see something different from our leaders going forward. 50 games in 3 years doesn’t fit what I thought the matrix looked like but hopefully he will stay fit and do the business. Good luck to him. 

Stay fit? just wondering where all these injuries have come from as all i have seen was him being out for 3 months with a bad injury and then struggling to get back in the team.... Do we assume by just looking at appearances that he is injury prone as he has 230+ which isn't that shabby for a 25yr old i guess. Not having a pop i just haven't seen anywhere anything to do with constant injuries?

6 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Looks a good signing on the face of it, injury record looks a concern but assume that’s been looked at by Flickers and Daz.

Solid replacement for Joyce and much bigger.

Like the fact he’s got his family all in the black away kit on his Instagram... so looks happy to be here.

No leaks at all so shows the professionalism side has improved!

I seem to have missed this about his injury record as i keep seeing it mentioned on here can you link to it please me owd fruit?

9 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

I seem to have missed this about his injury record as i keep seeing it mentioned on here can you link to it please me owd fruit?

I like that this snuck in under the radar - maybe spells an end to the leaks that got a bit annoying, and were unprofessional!

Stay fit? just wondering where all these injuries have come from as all i have seen was him being out for 3 months with a bad injury and then struggling to get back in the team.... Do we assume by just looking at appearances that he is injury prone as he has 230+ which isn't that shabby for a 25yr old i guess. Not having a pop i just haven't seen anywhere anything to do with constant injuries?
See my player signing matrix!

"Not played 40+ games a season" = injury prone crock!

3 hours ago, philmpv said:

Genuine question due to lack of expertise - can 'pre-contract agreements' be dishonoured if, say, a club comes in with a better offer for the player in question between now and the end of June? The very name implies that it's not a contract, so presumably it's not binding in the normal sense the way a contract would be? But may be a penalty clause if not honoured (which in theory could be paid by the player, his agent or the alternative club)? Unlikely to be too much of an issue at our level though

I believe all playing contracts run to 30 June so I would imagine that he has signed a contract which will kick in on 1st July rather than now. 

10 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

https://www.shropshirestar.com/sport/football/shrewsbury-town-fc/2021/03/04/brad-walker-returns-to-shrewsbury-town-training-after-three-months-out-injured/

Missed a few games in 19/20. Got injured at Wrexham season before and missed last month and a half. 

Some issues at Crewe

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/crewe-alex-midfielder-brad-walker-15642366.amp

Seems more Montano than Michael Walsh. Bits of seasons here and there. Not many players get through 40 plus games most seasons.

Archived