onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Talk of Bale retiring, suppose Wrexham could change his mind, otherwise a cheeky bid ?

I have no idea why Bale would go to Wrexham. He is from South Wales and they typically don’t feel much for those from the North of the country. 

Advert

17 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Good to read Swindon are keen on Theo. 

Disappointingly there's no evidence they are. That newspaper article in the OVF feature just said he's been transfer listed and McGreal might be interested because of that, there's no evidence of any actual tangible interest. 

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19334201.ex-colchester-united-boss-john-mcgreal-looking-strengthen/

27 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I have no idea why Bale would go to Wrexham. He is from South Wales and they typically don’t feel much for those from the North of the country. 

Zidane has left Real Madrid. He may have a chance to impress the next manager who maybe Carlo Anchelotti or Bruno Conti. We could give him a go at left wingback as its likely he could cross the ball better than Montano. I observed he has a fundamental problem that probably annoyed Zidane and Mourinho. He doesn't track back.

9 minutes ago, Doha said:

Disappointingly there's no evidence they are. That newspaper article in the OVF feature just said he's been transfer listed and McGreal might be interested because of that, there's no evidence of any actual tangible interest. 

https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19334201.ex-colchester-united-boss-john-mcgreal-looking-strengthen/

I don't think Theo Robinson is the worst player in the world and he could be rejuvenated for us if it comes to that. The ability to trade depends on wage level? If he is on above average League 2 wages which as a striker we attracted to Vale Park he might be, then another club needs convincing he could do better for them. I couldn't see Guthrie ever turning into a goal machine, but I could see Theo Robinson getting a decent amount in the right team. I expect I could get 6 a season at age 62, so I am looking for at least twice that from him!

2 hours ago, Warren said:

We missed out on Garcia at centre half as he has gone to Barcelona. However, suspect in the air as Pope showed with the goal v Man City. Aguero would have been a good signing but he has signed for Barcelona as well. I guess he may have been too old for our template for success.

It amused me in the Man Utd Europa Cup defeat - where the super-league club lost to a town of 50k historically playing in the 4th tier of Spanish football - that their best player by a mile and only goal scorer was seen playing attack, defence and midfield. Aged 34, there was a classic picture of him running back past midfield and covering the defender in an attack whilst midfield - all much younger stood around watching.

It wasn't even Garcia who played against Vale...

The players transfer listed are clearly not going to be bought out now. Hopefully we can shift Theo as his would be the biggest contract by far out those transfer listed I’d imagine. Though I think he could get 15 easy if he’s switched on from the start, it would be less risky to get a proven striker for that $dollarz$. 

48 minutes ago, Warren said:

I don't think Theo Robinson is the worst player in the world and he could be rejuvenated for us if it comes to that. The ability to trade depends on wage level? If he is on above average League 2 wages which as a striker we attracted to Vale Park he might be, then another club needs convincing he could do better for them. I couldn't see Guthrie ever turning into a goal machine, but I could see Theo Robinson getting a decent amount in the right team. I expect I could get 6 a season at age 62, so I am looking for at least twice that from him!

I genuinely think if I stood in the box and Worrall was crossing to me I could get at least a few.

1 hour ago, Warren said:

I think with the squad limits, he could potentially be deregistered again.  If that's the case then I reckon Vale would at least try to loan him out.

For example, Vale could pay the wages of Robinson for a year when he isn't going to play any football for the team. Or they could loan him out and the loanee club pay half his wages. This has three advantages: 

a) it makes him more affordable to a lot of clubs 

b) it cuts Vale's own wages outlay on him by half

c) it's probably more attractive for a player to play regular football, something he's not going to do as a degistered player at Vale, so he's more likely to accept any loan move that comes along

9 minutes ago, robf said:

I think with the squad limits, he could potentially be deregistered again.  If that's the case then I reckon Vale would at least try to loan him out.

For example, Vale could pay the wages of Robinson for a year when he isn't going to play any football for the team. Or they could loan him out and the loanee club pay half his wages. This has three advantages: 

a) it makes him more affordable to a lot of clubs 

b) it cuts Vale's own wages outlay on him by half

c) it's probably more attractive for a player to play regular football, something he's not going to do as a degistered player at Vale, so he's more likely to accept any loan move that comes along

I agree, same probably goes for Whitehead who I believe is on this type of deal from Salford. Can't imagine any club signing either without this kind of deal, as they know we don't want them. Within the money we have to spend the question then isn't can you get someone better for the same money but can you get a better player for the amount the other club is contributing. So if Robinson is on two grand a week and we have pay a grand to his new club it leaves us trying to sign a replacement for a grand.

A great link to all the players released and out of contract from clubs in England and Scotland https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57319431 (You're welcome Iron Curtain 😀) which really highlights the scale of the number of players available during the summer although I do get the feeling we have several players lined up in and expect a flurry of signings shortly.

Flickers : Time to SELL SELL SELL the PVFC promotion dream.

9 minutes ago, MBE said:

A great link to all the players released and out of contract from clubs in England and Scotland https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/57319431 (You're welcome Iron Curtain 😀) which really highlights the scale of the number of players available during the summer although I do get the feeling we have several players lined up in and expect a flurry of signings shortly.

Flickers : Time to SELL SELL SELL the PVFC promotion dream.

There goes my Wednesday 😂

Interesting from Clough. 

He says there isn’t many signings happening as lots of players are holding on to see what deal they can get... expects it to remain quiet for another 10 days or so.

They are also after 2 keepers.

Comments also show there is a rumour that Wrexham have made an approach for him as their new CEO worked with him previously ... when I checked last night Askey wasthird favourite (means nothing I know) for that job behind Clough and Mark Hughes. Whitehead would look good in red.

Archived