onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

Advert

20 minutes ago, Wrex said:

Am I right in thinking that Dan Jones is the one (near) certainty so far?

I imagine once he signs then the next one will follow after a few days, then we'll be on our way to a new squad.

When news outlets report the story linking players, it tends to come true in the lower leagues. I'd hazard a guess Dan Jones will be signed this summer. Probably as the backup LB.

Love the rumours - I'm optimistic that the management will improve the squad, and that shouldn't be difficult, really.  I too would like us to go for it this season, and give the fans something to cheer.  So many recent seasons have been an embarrassment for a variety of reasons, and it would be great to see us genuinely competing to get in to the top 3 with a dynamic squad that tries to play football.

12 hours ago, 1 said:

If Jones signs as a first teamer then Benning being touted was always an absolute unobtainable fantasy. 

I think Benning's most likely destination has always been a club in league 1. There's always a chance, particularly with connections to Flitcroft and it would be disappointing if we haven't made an enquiry. I know some people pinned their hopes on a shorter commute; but Mansfield is an easier commute from some parts of Birmingham. My guess is there were discussions with him in January about staying to help stave off relegation (Mansfield were in a more precarious position than us) and they would support him looking for a higher league club at the season. Personally I think he'll go to Lincoln now they've lost the playoff final, they were trying to buy him in January. It would be a fantastic signing if we could secure a deal. Pretty much every league 2 club would like to sign him, all things being equal.

We missed out on Garcia at centre half as he has gone to Barcelona. However, suspect in the air as Pope showed with the goal v Man City. Aguero would have been a good signing but he has signed for Barcelona as well. I guess he may have been too old for our template for success.

It amused me in the Man Utd Europa Cup defeat - where the super-league club lost to a town of 50k historically playing in the 4th tier of Spanish football - that their best player by a mile and only goal scorer was seen playing attack, defence and midfield. Aged 34, there was a classic picture of him running back past midfield and covering the defender in an attack whilst midfield - all much younger stood around watching.

3 minutes ago, Warren said:

We missed out on Garcia at centre half as he has gone to Barcelona. However, suspect in the air as Pope showed with the goal v Man City. Aguero would have been a good signing but he has signed for Barcelona as well. I guess he may have been too old for our template for success.

I was annoyed at not signing Aguero, but missing out on Garcia aswell it's getting a joke now. He does have a 400m buyout clause though.... dig deep Cazza.

Archived